[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
am I the only one who wanted to be in a similar situation? Being
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: download.png (10 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
download.png
10 KB, 259x194
am I the only one who wanted to be in a similar situation? Being frozen for 1000 years to wake up in the future and start a new life
>>
that was part of the show's appeal and the inherent bittersweet nature of the premise: fry got an exciting new life, but had to leave everything he knew behind, including the things he loved.
>>
>>70946981
and everyone had recessed chins
>>
>>70946865
you can its call Heaven...love my Lord and Savior and you can come with me
>>
>>70946865

>am i the only one

Totally dude. You're a unique and special person and no one in this entire world could ever have a similar opinion because you're so special and unique!

Oh wait, you're more likely a below average piece of human garbage that will live a mediocre life at best, die alone, and be forgotten by your family and few friends within days of your death. Fuck you.

Futurama dank tho
>>
>>70946865
It was pretty convenient for fry, even tho it was the future there where the same celebrity's and familiar faces everywhere. I imagine waking up I. The year 3000 you wouldn't be able to understand a word, you would look out of place everywhere because of genetic changes and you would have the education of a first grader
>>
>>70946865
People will still dislike you on the future.206
>>
>>70946865
>year 3000

>everyone you love is dead.
>your still doing the same things.
>May be able to understand the culture and language if it didn't change at all. Highly unlikely.
>You will most likely die alone because you will be unable to work in the new environment.
>>
>>70946865
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>70946865
>wake up in a 1000 years
>"i wonder if 4chan is still up"
>you're a big guy
>4u
>hi rebbit
>>
No, I don't want to leave my dog behind
>>
>>70947825
I'm sure the future society would more than likely put you in a musuem after studying you, possible try to learn to communicate with you to learn more about history a millennia ago. We would more than likely do the same if someone happened to be frozen in a block of ice from a thousand years ago and somehow survived.
>>
>>70948065
You realize unless some sort of data apocalypse happens, everything from today will survive indefinitely, right?
>>
>>70948220

>he doesnt see the massive media censorship already around him and the teaching of revisionist history to todays youth

lol

i can only imagine what people in the year 3000 will actually be taught about the past
>>
>>70946865
No, I would do it in a heartbeat if given the option.
>>
>>70948305
>it's entirely possible they wont know who landed on the moon
>or they will think it was a african american transexual named Buzz Armstrong
>>
>>70948383
>america
>year 3000
>>
>>70947825
>implying the future won't be a post-work enviornment where AI and robots do all the labor and people are free to study or explore hobbies to their hearts content
>>
>>70948601
>implying everyone would start educating themselves if they no longer had to work
I would bet on mankind eating and fapping itself to death
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.