[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"PART 1"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
Why is this allowed? Why isn't the YA audience up in arms about this?

I would've fucking boycotted Return of the King if that book was split into two movies.
>>
It's almost like the YA novel demo has a low IQ or something.
>>
Irony being that ROTK probably could have been convincingly cut in two films

>4 and a half hour extended cut, still more scenes on cutting room floor
>>
>>70917550
Most people probably would've sat through a 4.5 hour LotR movie, with maybe an intermission.
>>
>>70917550
I've never seen the Lord of the Ring movies, are they really that good?
>>
File: 1385914164136.png (94 KB, 825x586) Image search: [Google]
1385914164136.png
94 KB, 825x586
>>
>>70917904
yes, I mean the last one won a freaking Best Picture Oscar.

A huge blockbuster winning an Best Picture Oscar is almost unheard of.
>>
>>70917513
besides Harry Potter, the rest are trash anyway...
>>
>>70917513
Is the white guy on breaking dawn meant to look like a rapist?
>>
>>70917904
yes they are. great character development, doesn't fucking rush the plot to get to the action, and when the action comes, it glorious. great emotion and music, great cinematography, and great consistency of quality between all three movies. and classic story.
>>
>>70917513
Because by the time you hit the last installment, if the other movies have done well enough, the residual popularity is so great that it'll make money almost no matter what you do to it
>>
Funny how final Hunger Games made the least of the entire franchise.
>>
Deathly Hallows part 1 is the second best Harry Potter film behind Prisoner of Azkaban, though.

3 > 7 > 6 > 8 > 2 > 1 > 5 > 4
>>
>I would've fucking boycotted Return of the King if that book was split into two movies.
And yet I fucking bet you saw the Hobbit movies opening night.
>>
I think 5th Wave and Allegiant pt 1 bombing killed the YA trend.
>>
>>70919616
I was just going to post this nice taste man. dh1 is pretty much perfect and imo the perfect penultimate entry for a series

I like ootp but your ranking is objectively correct. hpb and dh1 get better every time

3>7>6>8>2>5>1>4
>>
>>70919732
Nope, pirated although I admit even that was a waste.
>>
>>70919616
>>70919802
The only thing good about that was the shadow puppet scene.

Everything else was boring as fuck.
>>
>>70919924
>boring
typical response from the average mind
>>
>>70919948
It was boring, sorry.

Maybe you're a dull person and really like boring things.
>>
I haven't seen any of these movies, and frankly I don't give a fuck.
If their is enough content to split the book into two movies, I'd much rather have them do that than try and fail to cram it all into one.
The 4th potter movie should probably have been twice as long.
>>
>>70919924
You understand thats what actual plebs say about films that breathe and bask in cinematic glory right? The tone was so well done and its shot fantstically
>>
>>70919973
no you dont understand its completely underrated its considered one of if not the best by lots of people

and then there's the spergs who call it boring. you're boring. im not boring its a better film get some taste
>>
>>70919976
there isn't they cut everything unecesary in 5 and 6 and 7 8 were great. 4 is the worst
>>
>>70919924
>>70919973
You're boring.
>>
>>70917513
But the Hobbit was split into 3
>>
>>70919973
>>70919977
>>70920002
>>70920042
0/10

Try to be more subtle next time.
>>
>>70920071
Nobody with even half a brain watched those movies.
>>
>>70917904

only the first one is any good.
>>
>twilight
lel so dated now

early 2010s core
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.