[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Glee.jpg (26 KB, 400x396) Image search: [Google]
Glee.jpg
26 KB, 400x396
What went wrong?
>>
Liberals.
>>
Popularity went to the writers' heads after that break during S1.
>>
they made a pilot and it got picked up.
>>
>>70897323
More like it got popular for the wrong reasons.

It was supposed to be a satire of high school dramas aimed at adults and ended up being embraced by actual kids and teens who didn't get it was all a joke.
>>
Poor managing and fan pandering.

A lesson to all TV shows that get big with the younger crowd is "never pander too much". Look at what Arrow has become.
>>
When ever I went to my grandads after school I would masterbate to glee and hoped I would cum when ever there was that hot blonde girl on screen.
[Spoiler] I did this every other week for 6months [/spoiler]
>>
needed more of dat santanna desu
more lea michele too when she was still prime. now she's on the decline but her foot game is still powerful and I still fap when she has new feet and leather boot pics. yum yum.

the actual quality of the show dropped after the first half of season one after the mid season break. still good and fun into season two but definite noticeable drop in quality. only the truest of the gleeks managed to stay on the ride partly due to the vigillience and dedication to the anon that made the weekly general with stream and even a link to the episode's soundtrack in 320kbps.

it got way too soapboxy and pandering and obnoxiously liberal and just bad lazy trope writing. too cringe.
>>
>>70897243
that cunt got a sticky before Petey.
>>
It used to be a genuinely entertaining show. Then it became a "so bad it's good" guilty pleasure, then just got bad so I dropped it.

Cutting the actual glee club from a show called Glee was a mistake. The final season was just full on damage control.
>>
>Became what it satirized
>Circular character arcs, so no real development
>Inconsistent tone
>Fan pandering at the plot's expense
>Played favorites
>Constantly abandoned plots and characters

Only S1a was good. It just got worse and worse as it went on. And all of Ryan Murphy's shows suffered from the same issues. Especially the "how am I supposed to take this serious and laugh at the other thing" and the bitch character the narrative bends over backwards to appease, no exceptions.
>>
>>70897243
it became a musical .. unless it was always like that.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.