[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yes yes, well done Maximus, well done Maximus. HOWEVER also
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (185 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
185 KB, 1920x1080
Yes yes, well done Maximus, well done Maximus.

HOWEVER

also he did nothing wrong
>>
The whole thing was his sisters fault.
She told her son about a super secret plot to overthrow the goddamn emperor ffs
>>
was the cleft pallet a scar at birth or an accident when he was yougn
>>
>>70892673

Does it realy matter?

>>70892640

This. If she didnt tell Lucius what she has been doing to undermine his brother, then Maximus wouldnt have been arrested and then Commodus wouldnt have stabbed him, giving Maximus a fatal wound.
>>
>>70891269
Literally Guldan from warcraft
>>
>>70892640
>she told her son
What?

I thought that whole scene implied she ended up telling commodus because he would kill the kid if she didnt?
>>
>>70893730

You are right, the others are autistic.
>>
>>70891269
This thread vexes me. It makes me incredibly vexed.
>>
SHEATHE YOUR SWORDS
>>
>>70891269
god fucking damn it his costumes were 10/10
>>
File: 1403004496058.png (162 KB, 596x641) Image search: [Google]
1403004496058.png
162 KB, 596x641
>>70895031
it is a beautiful movie

wish i could see it for the first time again
>>
>>70895337
It's literally my favorite movie of all time

10/10 costumes
10/10 performace
10/10 heros journey
9/10 music
10/10 cinemetograohy
10/10 payoff and ending
>>
>>70896031
my only gripe with the ending is that it places too much emphasis on commodus as a villain, even though the movie makes earlier attempts to show how human and pathetic he is
besides, maximus should be too big of a man to care too much about revenge

there should be a broader scope to things at the end, not just "I got revenge for my dead family and also evil dictator is now dead yay but I'm also dead :'("

idk what I'm trying to say really I just wanted the ending to be more low-key and focus on a moral resolution rather than a plot resolution
>>
>>70896031
Same tbhfam
>>
>>70896031
you forgot
>0/10 screenplay
>>
>>70893730
How do you think commodus found out about the plot against him?
Did you even watch the movie?
>>
>>70896117
Well theres no broader scope cos rome died
>>
>>70896146
I'd say 8/10 screenplay yeah its slow at parts but it has so great dialogue and memorable lines

> if you find yourself alone in a field fear not for you are in elysium and are already dead

> death smiles at us all...smile for me now brother

> I am maximus decimus meridius....
>>
>>70896180
I just explained it fag

The mother told him because he was threatening to kill her son

This board is full of autists who don't understand social interactions
>>
>>70896031
>10/10 costumes
yeah, that guy in jeans was awesome
>>
>>70896820
At first I thought you're right but when I think back to the scene it's something like
>mother finds commodus with her son
>commodus is reading to her son about something
>he looks at her and twists its meaning to reveal that he is aware he is being plotted against
which means he knew already
>>
>>70896924
Knowing something is going on is not quite the same as confirming it. That's why he threatened the kid in the first place, because he knew she was up to something.
>>
>>70891269
What sort of forced meme is this "HOWEVER"?
Fuck this shit.
>>
>>70896924
He knew of something, but not the details
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.