[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It wasn't bad.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5
It wasn't bad.
>>
>>70867278
You're right. I enjoyed it.
>>
>>70867278
It wasn't great either
>>
it wasn't good
>>
It wasn't good
>>
>>70867287
compared to what?
>>
>>70867278
I'm still yet to watch it in it's entirety.
I just can't do it try as I might.
>>
>>70867324
OT
>>
>>70867278

You're right. It was God awful, actually everything was fine up until Rey and Finn got on the Falcon then it became unbearable especially Rey's character.
>>
>>70867278
It was just extremely forgettable.
>>
>>70867376
The OT is mediocre. Only nostalgic manchildren and nerds think it's good.
>>
>>70867406
agree
Everything goes downhill from that point and never recovers
>>
File: Stay In School.jpg (59 KB, 522x583) Image search: [Google]
Stay In School.jpg
59 KB, 522x583
>>70867422
t.embryo
>>
>>70867422
Gr8 b8 m8
>>
>>70867278
You're right, it wasn't. It was pure dogshit. At least the prequels had some originality and cool concepts.
>>
>>70867422
I didn't see the OT for the first time until I was 15 (12 years ago) so I have no nostalgia for it, yet I still love it.
>>
It can't have been that bad, it managed 8.2 on imdb.
>>
>>70867422
the hate is strong in this one
>>
>>70867444
>>70867489
Lmao ok kids. The OT is unironically bad. The terrible writing and dialogue, the non-existent character depth, the absolute shit acting. The only reason people think it's good is because its visuals were groundbreaking for its time. But that's literally all the OT has going for it.
>>
>recycling plot of original
>60 year old actors from previous trilogy mumbling their lines behind botox'd skin
>space ship monster that was so out of left field
>terrible directing with odd ball camera angles for first half of movie
>death star 3.0
>literal depiction scene where they compare sizes of death stars to show you , no this isnt recycled because its BIGGER
>awful humor
>worthless dialog that had no meaning or purpose, just terrible banter between characters
>mary sue girl who needs to tell the audience like 9 times she dont need no man to protect her
>mary sue instantly loved by all characters
>completely incoherent plot with the character trying to run away and so determined to, then completely gives up on that 5 seconds later
>villain was terrible
>all the plebs who said "OH ITS GOOD BECAUSE HES SUPPOSED TO BE A TERRIBLE VILLAIN"
nigger, he killed like hundreds of people, he's a grown man, having him act like a spoiled child throwing a tantrum was just pathetic and bad. it inspired no fear, and mary sue just overwhelms him and overpowers him, after like years and years of training, mary sue does better than him in 5 seconds

entire movie was complete shit
there was no purpose for the film, they had no direction or vision. they didnt accomplish anything, the entire movie is such a popcorn flick that every part of the movie was completely forgettable 5 minutes later, no point of that film was worth remembering
>>
>>70867440

JJ got it right in the first couple minutes then as soon as Jakku is getting bombarded by First Order and they flee on the falcon he fucks it up. Seriously though, Rey's character was fine in the first twenty minutes or so then she becomes and expert in everything, don't need no man's help and all that shit.
>>
>>70867632

>terrible writing and dialogue

TFA wasn't any better.
>>
>>70867645
So you'd just need three more posts worth of stuff and you'd just about come to about half of "midichlorians."
>>
>>70867422
yet episode 7 is exactly that. for nostalgic manchildren and normies who think it's super cool to be nerdy
>>
File: 1461176437371.jpg (332 KB, 1126x1096) Image search: [Google]
1461176437371.jpg
332 KB, 1126x1096
>>70867278
>>
>>70867645
Fucking This. I love star wars but I really hate this one
>>
>>70867645
>he's a grown man, having him act like a spoiled child throwing a tantrum was just pathetic and bad. it inspired no fear

So I guess a villain's merit is based on how badass he is, eh?

t. 5 year old prequelbabby
>>
i can't get over john boyega desu. jews shoehorning minorities into roles is something that cant be avoided today, i don't have a problem with that, but this guy is so fucking ugly its legitimately distracting. he looks like a mother fucking bonobo. why not hire a handsome nigger instead of the most sub saharan ape you could find? jesus
>>
>>70867867
>why isn't this movie all white!!!!!
>ugh there's ONE WHOLE black guy in this movie!?
Go back to your containment board, stormweenie.
>>
>>70867716
the fight scene from episode 1 was infinitely better than anything in episode 7
literally infinitely better. nothing in episode 7 was worth remembering, period.
>>70867806
>apologizing for shit writing
the villain's merit is how well he's written
he was written poorly
he was inconsistent
he was supposed to have murdered an entire jedi temple, more powerful than any other jedi, only to be overpowered in a brief meeting
also he's trained by the dark side, dark side is supposed to be make you powerful strong.
he was a weak willed emo love child that was crying every 5 seconds and throwing tantrums
dont apologize for shit writing
hopefully the new films wont be so terrible, thats literally all we can hope for
>>
>>70867957

Kylo was kinda everything I hated about teenage Anakin, turned up to 11. Disappointing.
>>
>>70867937
where did i say i have a problem with their being a black guy in the movie, dumbass? star wars leads have been traditionally handsome, beautiful people and this guy literally looks subhuman and he's hard to look at. they could've got a black guy that didn't look like a complete ape like donald glover or michael b. jordan but they had to get an extra from dawn of the planet of the apes instead. Sad!
>>
File: sw.png (1 MB, 1126x1096) Image search: [Google]
sw.png
1 MB, 1126x1096
>>70867772
Fixed.
>>
>>70867806
Darth Sheldon wasn't a bad villain desu, he was actually kind of scary in his own way. A conflicted autist with superpowers is actually quite terrifying when you think about it. However I was still kinda disappointed by his bazinga ass personality and looks. Every sith lord before him has been a menacing, evil, mysterious cunt. Vader, Maul, Sidious, even Dooku were all fucking bad ass boss niggas.
>>
>>70867957
>he was supposed to have murdered an entire jedi temple, more powerful than any other jedi, only to be overpowered in a brief meeting

This isn't fucking Dragon Ball Z you stupid fucking autist. It's not about power levels. Let's keep in mind that he was also shot in the side and was having a fucking breakdown from killing his dad.

>also he's trained by the dark side, dark side is supposed to be make you powerful strong.

t. prequelbabby/video game sperg

reminder that Darth Vader was a tired old man who just wanted to die. Emotional conflict making you weak is canon in Star Wars, it's why Vader went from wrecking Luke's shit in ESB to getting his ass kicked in RotJ
>>
>>70867957
>he defended the fight coreography in ep 1

I guess it has been a while since its been posted

here ya go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0mUVY9fLlw
>>
>>70868174
This. Kylo was quite interesting as far as Star Wars villains go
>>
>>70867645
Reminder that The Force Awakes is an underrated masterpiece made by the creator of Lost, J.J Abrams. Reminder that the parallels between the A New Hope and this movie were intentional, because it's an story about how the past affect the present. It triggers manchildren because the movie made them realize that old good times are gone, showing the fates of all their loved characters after the OT ended.
It also parallels with the real world in general:
>The oppresed jews from the OT → The powerful jew empire sending military teams to squash rebellions in TFA.
>The strong, intelligent, space nazis from the OT → The weak, contrarian and rebellious neonazis in TFA.
While it's not perfect, it's certainly smarter than what the Lucashills think it is.
>>
>>70868174
I thought the entire vader's fight performance thing was from not actually wanting to hurt his son. In ESB, lukes completely unskilled and basically zero threat to vader, so he just toys with him. But in RotJ, lukes a lot more skilled, not close to equal to vader, but just good enough to where vader's struggling to keep from dying in a fight he doesn't want to end with the death of him or his son. As its a lot harder to keep a fight going, even with (or especially with) someone less skilled than you are than it is to end it quickly.
>>
>>70867645
Bruh

Look at this dood.
>>
>>70868302
>TFA
>underrated

u wot m8
>>
>>70867278
Yeah it's alright.
6-7/10.

It didn't capture star wars for me, but it wasn't bad.
>>
File: HUEseizure.jpg (10 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
HUEseizure.jpg
10 KB, 228x221
>>70868302
>this quality bait
>>
>>70868548
Underrated by /tv/
>>
>>70868854
/tv/ has a statistical predisposition to shit on everything though.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.