[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was the last truly great season of It's Always Sunny
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4
What was the last truly great season of It's Always Sunny (if one exists), and should they just call it a day?
>>
never had great seasons. just the odd few great episode.

last series left such a bad taste dropped it anyway
>>
>>70865031
last great season was s11 because all of them were great actually
>>
>>70865031
They didn't write season 11 and maybe 10 and it shows. It looks like fanfiction, so it's hit or miss. Being Frank and The Gang Hits the Slopes were really funny, though.
The chardeemacdennis rehash was pretty bad, though.
>>
there was one good episode from season 11, and we all know which one I'm talking about
>>
The last truly great one was season 7 imo.

Starting with season 8 the average episodes outweighed the good ones.
>>
>>70865206
I agree. Except Dee made a smut film and the gang hits the slopes were both awful
>>
>>70865259

Mac and Dennis in the suburbs?
>>
>>70865395
>tfw no one ever mentions the lawsuit episode

I don't see what's so bad about that episode, suburbs episode was also great though.

Not that I actually know what I'm talking about, I've forgotten the majority of this show aside from the latest season
>>
>>70865358
Season 9 was actually decent.

8, 10, 11 have been absolute trash.
>>
>>70865366
Smut film was bad and forgettable but Slopes was better than asspain. I'm sure a redditor like you will disagree though.
>>
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 600x400
>>70865461
>NOBODY LOOK, NOBODY LOOK
I lost my shit when Uncle Jack's fake hands flew off.
>>
>>70866373
>Slopes was better than asspain

i dont know what this means
>>
Struggle to watch any of it anymore, it's just so mechanical. Maily just moments that are very funny than episodes/series as a whole
>>
File: always sunny.png (71 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
always sunny.png
71 KB, 1200x800
>>
7 was the last with more good episodes than bad

I'm torn on if they should stop. 70-80% of every season since then sucks, but then they make one episode that makes me glad they're still around. But those bad episodes can be painful

>>70865461
Lawsuit was way too broad, and I've never liked the McPoyles. I thought the Cruise episodes were really good and would have been an ideal finale.
>>
>>70867847
>I'm torn on if they should stop. 70-80% of every season since then sucks, but then they make one episode that makes me glad they're still around. But those bad episodes can be painful
Agreed. It's painful to see these new seasons with 90% shit coming out, but they still deliver gold
>>
>>70867294
what episode is that one blue dot?
>>
Going to be the voice of reason here and say that the show still has great episodes mixed in with some okay ones, which at worst are forgettable. No show has even been as consistently good as this one. I do wonder how far they will take the insanity of the characters, like what depths are they going to sink to before it's all over.

I'll be content with two more seasons then done.
>>
>>70867294
but that's wrong because the first season is boring as shit without frank
fuck IMDB you reddit tier faggot
>>
>>70867847
I'm pretty sure they intend to end it with season 12
>>
>>70868345
Frank's Brother
>>
Season 8.
>>
File: 1429541465977.jpg (25 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1429541465977.jpg
25 KB, 480x270
>>70868523
>dissing season 1
>>
>>70868648
>watching any episode without Frank
back to tumblr you fat ho
>>
>>70868607
Wait what? I mean it was pretty weak but not that bad.
>>
>>70865209
I havent seen 11 but i have noticed that they repeat concepts. I thought maybe they were bringing in a new writer and used a spec script or something.

But i love this show. It's great when they write it and flat when they have guest writers
>>
>>70865031
As soon as Netflix took over, just like TPB.
>>
>>70865031
give me an episode or two to watch at random
>>
>>70870677
The Gang Goes Jihad
Sweet Dee's Dating a Retarded Person
>>
>>70865031
I want to introduce the show to my friend, where should I start ?
>inb4 some smart ass faggot replies with season 1

S1 isn't consistent with the later seasons, the characters are different and more grounded.
>>
i think 5 was the last one i could call GREAT
6 had some good episodes and then the rest of the seasons were just sprinkled with great moments here and there but not collectively awesome or anything.

>gang gives frank an intervention most hilarious episode
>gang hits the road most comfy episode
>>
>>70868592
It's already been renewed through season 14.
>>
Fat Mac was the last great season. The rest have been good, but much more hit & miss.
>>
I watched this entire series in one week and saw no drop in quality. When exactly was it meant to go to shit?
>>
>>70870784
>S1 isn't consistent with the later seasons, the characters are different and more grounded.

That makes them funnier to me. The characters are ridiculous now they aren't funny anymore. Charlie is beyond stupid, Dennis is genuinely a psychopath as opposed to just being vain and narcissistic, the Mac is gay joke has also been run into the ground, Dee is so unfortunate and slutty it's boring and Frank is now mentally insane as opposed to just being an eccentric millionaire.
>>
>>70865031
Season 3, should have quit by S5
>>
>>70872351
It doesn't go to shit. Everything after season 8 is still great but the number of mediocre episodes grows. Season 11 is the only season I'd say contains genuinely bad episodes outside of Frank's Brother but it still makes up for them by having some great episodes.

If you watch them all at once you won't notice much difference, but when you're waiting and only get 10 episodes a year you feel the disappointment when an episode does miss.
>>
if you didnt like the latest episode of them on the boat, then you never really liked the show in the first place
>>
>>70869046
It was season 7, so the bar was still pretty high
>>
>>70866391
one of my favorite scenes from that tv season definitely.
>>
>>70870784
Either my favorite episode, The Gang Gets Analyzed, or the A Very Sunny Christmas

Gang gets Analyzed is a fantastic outsider-looking-in episode, few references to other episodes, capitalizes on the Mac gets fat plot angle in a way that definitely leaves the viewer with questions about it. Overall just a funny character exploration episode again.
Christmas is a good character exploration episode as well. Great look at the foundation of Mac and Charlie's friendship. Lots of great lines.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.