[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>DUDE OVERACTING LMAO >DUDE CLIFFHANGERS=GOOD WRITING LMAO
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 4
>DUDE OVERACTING LMAO
>DUDE CLIFFHANGERS=GOOD WRITING LMAO
>DUDE EASILY DETECTABLE SYMBOLISM THAT A CHILD CAN PICK UP ON MEANS THIS IS "SMART" LMAO

Does a bigger pleb bait piece of shit show even exist?
>>
Got of Thrones
>>
>>70862778
Most overrated drama of 21st century.
>>
>>70862778
No it was good because it knew how to create tension and a character who had a sympathetic goal but tough means to reach it. It's not about symbolism, acting, cliffhangers, it's always about characters.
>>
>>70862778
Your post
>>
Friendly reminder that Anthony Hopkins personally wrote Bryan Cranston a letter to praise his performance.
>>
>>70864186
No it's not. If you want a good character drama, Breaking Bad is not one of them.
>>
the first viewing is practically GOAT but it isn't very rewatchable at all
>>
>>70864305
Then what is you piece of shit?
>>
>>70862778
>>70864117
>>70864305
It's people like you that are going to make this show underrated again. Keep at it, so my art can be plebs-like-you free.

>>70864186
This. Although it had a great way of reflecting and expanding on certain motifs all throughout the show, so I'll have to say that it still had really well crafted metaphors.

Also, OP, "easily detectable symbolism" doesn't make it bad symbolism. Only tryhard faggots like you value a metaphor solely based on its complexity.
>>
>>70864459
The Sopranos, The Wire or Mad Men. Obvious picks
>piece of shit?
Rude
>>
>>70864484
I'm gonna watch these and if they're shit I'm gonna kill you
>>
>>70864520
If you haven't seen them yet and think Breaking Bad is GOAT, they're not for you. Stay pleb, my man
>>
>>70864459
Tbqh even a mediocre show like LOST had better character writing than BB.
>>
>>70862778
Show was good. It had flaws, like the plane crash scenario, Gus's death, the end villains feeling rushed, but it was overall still good and I enjoyed it.

Saul and Mike were GOAT characters and Aaron Paul played Jesse very well. Cranston did overact but honestly it was fine in the context of the show.

>>70864186
>sympathetic goal
Yes and no. If you thought it was ever about his family you're stupid. Walt is a selfish dick from the very start. It was always about him wanting to feel like a big man.

That said that is kind of a sympathetic goal. Idk why /tv/ doesn't like it more since its pretty much about the plight of white suburban men in modern pussified liberal culture.
>>
>>70864543
i watched the wire and its basically a liberal's wetdream. especially the highscool season. kinda ok acted.

breaking bad was probably the best television in the past 20 years.
>>
It's basically male power fantasy garbage.
>>
>>70864459
Those shows are just intellectuals who jack off too themselves because they're also "so depressed!!"

Instead of some vague whining about the human condition, Breaking Bad tackles real drama and actual situations.
>>
>>70864459
Hell on Wheels
Turn
Early Vikings
>>
>>70865014
But that's why it's tragic. It's about wanting to be a "MAN" so bad that you forget everything else. It's like this board that is so afraid of raising another man's child because it goes against what they think it means to be a "MAN."
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 236x315) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 236x315
>>70862778
>>70864117
>breaking bad
>overrated
WEW STINKS LIKE MOUSTACHE WAX IN HERE
>>
>>70865057
he's going all out
>>
>>70864579
its not
>>
>>70864543
how the fuck would he know they're great if he hasn't watched them? fucking idiot shut the fuck up
>>
It is okay, for a show. It isn't as good as programmes like the Sopranos or Rome
>>
>>70865057
shouldn't have mentioned vikings, made it too obvious
>>
>contrarian the thread
>>
>>70865082
>he's actually considering raising another man's child

literally, LITERALLY kill yourself
>>
>>70862778
>tfw pleb and a normie
>I enjoy things all the time that I later find out I'm supposed to h8

Feels good to be satisfied by so little
>>
Okay, MAN.

>tfw you realize genetics don't determine who is your kid

Feels good, MAN.
>>
>>70864263
>a meme actor telling another meme actor they're good
>>
>>70865082
Walt starts the series with a wife, a suburban home, a family, and I guess a somewhat less than desirable job considering he has to work 2 of them to pay for things but still this is pretty much everything society says you're supposed to want and yet he's miserable, why?

Because he doesn't want to be nagged by his wife, disrespected at work, and disrespected in his own home. He doesn't want to known only as a high school teacher/car washer, he wants to be successful, he wants to take risks, he wants to be respected and even feared by others. Walt wants to be a man, not the pussified shadow of a man society wants him to be.

desu BB is essential "show's women will never understand" core.
>>
>>70865889
no, it's about making meth, dude
>>
>>70866851
Pls return to reddit, you belong with your own kind
>>
>>70865889

You literally fell for the same trap Walt did. He calls himself on his bullshit in the last episode. He did it because he liked it and "I was...alive". He had an out in the second or third episode when his Grey Matter friend offered to pay for his chemo.
>>
>>70862778
Bryan's a great actor. Even the smallest reactions to things in the show in which you could see this.

He's a believable character because of Cranston.
>>
>>70867256
>He did it because he liked it and "I was...alive"
that's literally what the other guy said, are you retarded?
>>
>>70865889
Yeah that's all blatantly obvious and women not understanding it doesn't inherently make it better
>>
>>70865055
Breaking Bad does literally the opposite. It's entirely fictitious and unrealistic
>>
>>70864484
>The Wire

when will the meme end? it's a boring shitfest and every season after the first is somehow worse
>>
>>70867516
Sorry if you can't into writing anon. That's a shame. You probably won't enjoy the sopranos either
>>
>>70867452
It's just funny how 4chan seems to like anything that's even remotely anti SJW but not this show.

It's like "must support anti SJW media" vs "must hate everything popular"
>>
Breaking bad and sopranos are alright but neither of them can really hold a candle to sons of anarchy
>>
>>70864186
>Breaking Bad not about cliffhangers
That's all it became about after the second season. The whole show was about resolving last weeks cliffhanger, padding out one plot progression for 30 minutes, then setting up another cliffhanger.
>>
>>70862778
Im bharani if you dont kill me you will never exist
>>
>>70867311

Literally kill yourself autist.
>>
>>70865889

I understand it more than most men on here who think Walt's behaving perfectly logically throughout lmao.

I also understand /tv/ adored it for the first 4 seasons until *starts to tremble* reddit learned of it in season 5 and suddenly it was retroactively terrible of course.
>>
>>70867571
Yeah it's funny how everyone on 4chan has the exact same opinions isn't it? We all get along and agree on topics regularly
>>
>>70867571
>it's funny how 4chan

you may aswell have put Reddit in the name field newfag
>>
I liked the show except the last season. I tried to rewatch it and it's painful. It only has some good moments but no very solid episodes.
>>
>>70868582
The reality is season 5 was a severe drop in quality
>>
>>70868586
>>70868642

This site is literally one person stop denying it
>>
>>70868736
Here's your (Us)
>>
>>70862778
OP is right on the fucking money. You are a FUCKING RETARD IF YOU LIKE BREAKING BAD
>>
>>70862778
>DUDE MUH SYMBOLISM HAS TO BE CRYPTIC AS FUCK SO I CAN FEEL SMART ABOUT GETTING IT
>DUDE IF SOMETHING IS POPULAR I HAVE TO HATE IT TO ESTABLISH HOW SUPERIOR I AM
>DUDE PLEASE SOMEONE HUG ME
>>
>>70868774
thanks senpai

even though we're literally just one person
>>
>>70868870
The whole "/tv/ hates it because it's popular" theory falls apart when you consider that some of the most popular and successful dramas are praised on this board. The reality is that many trash movies and television shows become wildly popular and praised (see: any capeshit, sitcoms) by the general public, who no Jack shit about the medium. So yeah, that idea holds no water.
>>
>>70868975
know*
>>
>>70868975
>>70869003
kek right there is absolutely no contrarianism here, nope not around these parts
>>
>>70869048
Oh I'm sure there is, but you can't chalk up someone disliking something popular to contrarianism every single time. I understand why people dislike breaking bad on this board. Because it's hailed by the general public as one of the greatest shows ever made when it simply isn't. It's good, but I do agree that it's overrated.
>>
It's an AMAZING thriller but it just doesn't have much rewatchability tbhonest. doesn't' help that the first two seasons are not enjoyable to watch if you know what's going to happen.
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 480x477) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 480x477
>>70864997
>>
>>70869908
kek libtard who can't handle the repilled breaking bad
>>
like every show, it pandered to the fans way too much in later seasons (especially 5a and 5b)
>>
>>70869944
>Breaking Bad
>Redpilled
Stop trying so hard to fit in
>>
>>70864579
now you are just talking out of your ass.
>>
>>70869981
Show was decent, but they fucked up the ending. Was a last minute decision by the writers to make it "bittersweet". Could have been worse though, they originally wanted to have Walt murder Elliot and Gretchen in the most horrible way and burn his family alive.
>>
>>70870248
>Could have been worse though, they originally wanted to have Walt murder Elliot and Gretchen in the most horrible way and burn his family alive.
what the hell is even the punchline here? I mean it's obviously not true, and it makes so little sense that no-one would fall for it even on /tv/.
>>
>>70870333
Then don't believe it: http://www.thewrap.com/breaking-bad-vince-gilligan-shares-5-alternate-endings/
>>
>>70862778
>it's a /tv/ hates anything that becomes popular episode
When will you faggots end your crusade of trying to impress NEETs on the internet?
>>
>>70871882

Sopranos was far more popular than BB.
>>
>>70870405
oh, so "they" being a crazy Vince "what if hypothetically" moment

sorry for calling you out though, it's still technically legit
>>
>>70864997
This
>>70864484
Kill yourself
>>
>>70870248
>show was decent
only to an underage teenager who'd seen a singular show in their life, meming bad. It hardly stands up to the pantheon of quality television and to suggest it is in the top 10 tv shows is absolutely laughable. I hold a special resentment in my heart for anyone who thinks BB is comparable to masterworks such as the sopranos, twin peaks or deadwood. BB is puerile, simplistic unrefined shit with 0 thematic complexity or depth
>>
look at all the redditors defending their reddit show
>>
File: 50314_288865372137_2985807_n.jpg (12 KB, 200x219) Image search: [Google]
50314_288865372137_2985807_n.jpg
12 KB, 200x219
>>70874135
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.