[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>hating on a lighthearted comedy just because the MCs are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: 28-ghostbusters.w529.h529[1].jpg (120 KB, 529x529) Image search: [Google]
28-ghostbusters.w529.h529[1].jpg
120 KB, 529x529
>hating on a lighthearted comedy just because the MCs are female

Seriously guys?
>>
>shilling on a laotian autogyro assembly instruction manual sharing website just because no one wants to see a shit popcorn flick

Seriously goys?
>>
but one of them is female, two are whales and the other seems to be a type of proto-human?
>>
>>70859091
WE
>>
>>70859154
WUZ
>>
>>70859128

Not wanting to see something and raging about it are two different things though.
>>
I don't care that they're women, I just don't want to watch a movie with a nigger lead.
>>
>>70859193
KANGZ
>>
>>70859195
So? Raging on your own little internet space isn't a bad thing.
>>
>>70859091
It looks like shit and people are tired of cash grab remakes.
>>
>>70859277

It kinda is from a psychological point of view. Not to mention the death threats and personal attacks being thrown around.

Anyway, why judge a movie before you watched it? Go see and then you can tell me why you think it sucked unless you changed your mind ;-)
>>
>not letting jamal cum inside you

Seriously?
>>
It's not that there are female ghostbusters, at least for me. I'd feel the same way if it was an all-male cast. Let's call this movie what it is: a cash grab. They're cashing in on the Ghostbusters name to get money.
>>
>raping my childhood intensifies

fuck off
>>
srsly JEWZ
>>
>>70859091

>lighthearted comedy

theres going to be african slave ghosts rattling chains and holocaust ghosts. no native american ghosts though
>>
>>70859445

That's just an excuse people use to hide their sexism.

You don't see the same amount of hatred directed at other cashgrabs. Why is that?
>>
>>70859091
terrible cast doesn't matter what the gender, there's better and more pleasing to the eye actual female actresses out there.

it's also the script that looks absolutely terrible, so it's the writing team too.
>>
>>70859565
because those ones (that you didn't even list) don't go on shit talk shows trying to insult people because they're so insecure with the movie they are in a and with themselves.
>>
>>70859565
Streisand effect.
>>
>>70859091
I was indifferent at first but all this making fun of the "basement dweller" stereotyping as if hating on the movie at all is absolute blasphemy has made me wanting the movie to bomb hard both critically and sales wise. Otherwise it better be fucking amazing.
>>
>>70859631

You're putting the cart before the horse. Kimmel asked that question because there was already so much hate, not the other way around. Actors constantly go to talk shows to promote their movies. The girls couldn't control what they were asked.
>>
>>70859704
but they can control what they say
>>
>>70859731

What were they supposed to say instead? That they agree with the people who say that women cannot be GBs?
>>
I hate it because it's a soulless cash grab trying to ride the coattails of a beloved movie. No matter how they justify it to themselves, that's all it'll ever be in my eyes.
>>
>>70859565
Because for a lot of people it just happens to be the straw that broke the camels back. If it came out 2 years earlier it wouldn't have gotten as much flak. People are sick of uninspired bullshit cash grabs. We want quality.
>>
>>70859831
>People are sick of uninspired bullshit cash grabs.

Then why are they still making money with them? Obviously, enough people go watch them.

Nobody raged at the new Star Wars which is obviously also a cash grab. People even praise it.

Haven't seen a lot of people rage at the Angry Birds movie either, let alone personally attack the people who made it.
>>
>>70859942
You won't find hate for the Angry Birds movie here. It's /pol/ incarnate. Plus the general public doesn't care about the GB remake. It's just a small portion of the population. Most people will pay to see anything with action, and explosions, and ghosts. More people are becoming aware of how shitty these movies actually are though.
>>
I hate it cause it seems like a stupid comedy cash grab with generic jokes and nothing original
>>
>>70860180
>female GBs
>not original

I bet you also think that the first female president isn't original either.
>>
This movie looks like it was directed by the Farley Brothers. You seriously think it looks good?
>>
File: 1465958919862.jpg (128 KB, 518x598) Image search: [Google]
1465958919862.jpg
128 KB, 518x598
dude i hate women though lmao
gamer4lyfe
>>
>lighthearted comedy
>$154M budget
>>
It's a remake of a movie which built entirely up to a visual gag where some dudes almost literally take the piss on monster Gods from alternate dimensions. It's a perfectly told joke on a fundamental level, but I still have to reserve that it's fundamentally a masculine joke. It's not that I don't believe in an all-female Ghostbusters movie, nor that it'll have the same sort of spirit-- just that it won't have "it" which makes the original great. Felt the same way about the remake of Evil Dead- the thing that made the original was the camera itself started trying to kill the protagonists, got none of that and no equivalent in the remake.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.