[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SONY MARKETING CHANGING THE GAME
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 189
Thread images: 26
File: silly nerds.jpg (67 KB, 801x801) Image search: [Google]
silly nerds.jpg
67 KB, 801x801
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQ85g2Al1ZA

So, what is this new type of marketing called?

Where you get your "stars" and whole PR department and affiliates to outright, constantly offend the audience who's supposed to watch your movie? This has never been tried before.

Will it work? Do you think other movies will follow this formula if it does?
>>
>>70859053
This is all going to implode in our lifetime. arre you ready? Are you ready to watch the world burn?

there is no chance things can go on like this unopposed for long.
>>
The " we know goobergaters will keep talking about it so its fine" marketing plan
>>
>>70859122
the "youre mother's a whore and you a smelly virgin if you dont see it" as a tagline on the end of the trailer marketing plan
>>
>>70859053

why don't they realise that people aren't mad that there are female ghostbusters but mad what hollywood has done to the franchise. as far as I see, hemsworth is a ghostbuster as well

just look at the trailer
>not a single funny joke
>CGI is abysmally bad
>actresses in the ghostbusters team aren't able to pull off the jokes except for wiig who doesn't even have the opportunity to pull off a good joke due to the bad script
>actresses suffer due to the terrible script

even if it was an all male ghostbusters with literally the same script, it would be bad as fuck. it is really amusing to see how bad sony is at handling bad viral marketing. it really shows how bad they are as a company
>>
I can't wait to see how hard this flops.
>>
>>70859053
Funny how they're trying to guilt the audience into watching this rubbish.

Doubt it will work though.
>>
>>70859164
this is literally the most aggressive marketing campaign ive ever seen..and by aggressive I dont mean its everywhere and shoved down your throat, I mean they are literally aggressive and hostile towards their target audience
>you
>fucking
>suck
>just
>watch
>the
>fucking
>movie
>you
>piece
>of
>shit
>goddamn
>>
>>70859207

nah, won't work. it will only backfire and make matters way worse

the way I see it and from the studies I have read for one of my university home assignments, users react really shitty when it comes to stuff like this. that way, the potential viewers they could have had in the form of men will be alienated even more

just imagine someone telling you that all your friends are retarded but you can come to a birthday. you would stay at home. same thing will happen here
>>
>>70859053
The PR are trying to create reasons to explain when the movie bombs
imagine being the responsible for this movie, when shit hits the fan Sony execs will come for his head so he may tell them: ''w-well it's not our fault nerds are mysoginists, just look the jimmy kimmel video''
>>
>>70859207
>Funny how they're trying to guilt the audience into watching this rubbish.
>Doubt it will work though.

Not a single chance it will.

>>70859164
> it is really amusing to see how bad sony is at handling bad viral marketing. it really shows how bad they are as a company

They are far and away the most inept studio out there. It's baffling how the continually make such awful decisions.
>>
File: 1389673263502.png (66 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1389673263502.png
66 KB, 1000x1000
>>70859160
Please don't call my mom a whore
>>
>>70859053

They knew that the fans would not accept anybody except the original cast.

The original cast doesn't want to do it / is too expensive / died.

So they went with plan B: Make all the GBs female and tell people who don't accept the cast that they're being sexist, thus shaming the people into pretending to like the movie.

It's actually kinda brilliant.
>>
>it's ghostbusters!
>it has bill murray in it!

my normie friends are still going to go see it and there's nothing i can do to stop them
>>
>>70859249
Sony is near bankrupcy. A lot is riding on this movie's opening weekend gross.
>>
File: powerpoint sony2.png (228 KB, 584x397) Image search: [Google]
powerpoint sony2.png
228 KB, 584x397
>>70859314
>They are far and away the most inept studio out there.
How DARE you?!
>>
>>70859249

It totally is. and I mean, sony has been in the business for decades. this shouldn't happen, like AT ALL.

they should have their marketing team analysing the situation and changing their trailers according to said situation. the best way to attract people who shit on you is to prove them wrong and to grab the people who are on the fence of watching the movie

at this point though, I don't even know whether sony is really aware of what they are doing. they seem to have the worst possible and most incompetent employees in a company related to movies..... ever
>>
>>70859326
>It's actually kinda brilliant.

No, it isn't. This turd will be the biggest bomb since 1945.
>>
>>70859368
>Studios give zero fucks about the film
>They just make powerpoint presentations about how to most effectively turn it into a commercial

This is why film is dying as a medium.
>>
>>70859384
They make Tommy Wiseau look good. btw Hi Mark!
>>
>>70859164

This. Everyone is so intent that reason this movie is getting so much hate is because its an all female cast.

I hate this movie because its another movie using a popular franchise name to make money. We dont need all these reboots, spinoffs, and remakes. Why couldnt they make a movie about 4 woman who study the paranormal and are called to inspect paranoral activities (sort of like the Warrens). There can easily be horror/comedy made about this kind of shit without slapping ghostbusters onto it. But hollywood needs that money. They need it bad, and they truly believe that the only way people will go to the movies is if they are watching something familiar in some way, and how do they do that? By using a familiar name like ghostbusters.

This all female ghostbusters movie looks to have nothing going for it besides the Ghostbuster name, and for the cast and people involved to cry 'Misogyny!' Is complete ignorance on their part.
>>
>>70859390

In any event, it's the best choice they could make (assuming they make the movie at all). I can't think of a better strategy and it could actually work. Sites like this are not representative of the general public.
>>
>>70859053
They are just trying to appeal to the easily persuaded crowd that will think that people will think they are losers if they don't go see this movie. I won't see this piece of shit because it looks terrible, and the way they talk about an all female cast as if the only reason they did it was because the women were funny is laughable. All these actresses are charmless and unfunny, they clearly only casted them to get the feminist dollar
>>
>>70859053
I mean if you keep making threads about it on /tv/ on a constant basis and giving it the attention it doesn't deserve then yeah it will certainly sway the idiotic masses that frequent this stupid ass board.
>>
File: 1444237768581.jpg (33 KB, 480x454) Image search: [Google]
1444237768581.jpg
33 KB, 480x454
What if it does well?
>>
>>70859434
>Sites like this are not representative of the general public.

Normietube is. And it's not showing a positive assessment.
>>
>>70859459
Impossible.
>>
>>70859453
Guaranteed replies, no finer drug in the world.
>>
I can't believe they actually did it. Not just on their personal twitter accounts, but literally go on a popular show and tell the audience that you can't dislike it and if you do you're a loser nerd who lives with his mom.

I honestly can't believe it and there's people out there who watched this and probably clapped
>>
File: image.jpg (144 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
144 KB, 1136x640
What did the blond one mean by this?
>>
>>70859459
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHVjs4aobqs
>>
>>70859430
>>70859164

That's just an excuse people use to hide their sexism.

You don't see the same amount of hatred directed at other cashgrabs. Why is that?
>>
>>70859297

I would fire every single person responsible for this movie. you just have to know that shit like this will happen when in a company like that

>>70859314

They are far and away the most inept studio out there. It's baffling how the continually make such awful decisions.

I know, right? I just can't imagine how stupid everyone involved is. on the other hand though, a few days ago, I had a course at university with a professor who told us that US companies in general don't like criticism given by employees. judging from the sony leaks e-mails, the same thing applies here. every single one of those e-mails praises ideas which would induce vomit in every single person watching the movie in planning

>>70859326

>They knew that the fans would not accept anybody except the original cast.

except that's not the case. actual fans are able to accept a lot of stuff. what fans and plebs AREN'T willing to accept is bad writing and a boring story

if this bombs, it will definitely not be because of fans but because plebs who know jack shit about ghostbusters

best thing sony would have had going for them would've been the ghostbusters-all-over-america thing with several teams in other states. with a good story of course
>>
>>70859515
Someone should photo shop a cumming dick into her hand and cum onto her face.
>>
>>70859459
Then expect the next Bond, Indiana Jones and Marvel property to be female.

Probably a Back to the Future with a female Doc Brown.
>>
>>70859527
We do see it. Where have you been?
>>
>>70859515

Just some armpit fanservice.
>>
>>70859529
>I know, right? I just can't imagine how stupid everyone involved is. on the other hand though, a few days ago, I had a course at university with a professor who told us that US companies in general don't like criticism given by employees. judging from the sony leaks e-mails, the same thing applies here. every single one of those e-mails praises ideas which would induce vomit in every single person watching the movie in planning

I'd believe that, especially in an industry as superficial and ego driven as Hollywood filmmaking.
>>
>>70859542
I'm afraid to disappoint but I don't have those skills fa.m.
>>
>>70859527
>he wasn't there when people lost their shit over the Robocop reboot and the new male Lewis
>>
File: 1464836753642.jpg (105 KB, 550x477) Image search: [Google]
1464836753642.jpg
105 KB, 550x477
>>70859053
>Making these threads everyday, several times a day, nonstop

Who's paying you for this?
>>
>>70859543
After Hobusters, Hocean's 11 and the next fe-make go bust I'm sure Hollywood will quietly sweep the femake plans under the carpet for a while and focus on things proven to be profitable.
>>
>>70859548

I don't see tons of movies getting so much hate that it makes the news.
>>
File: wiig.jpg (80 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
wiig.jpg
80 KB, 1280x720
>>70859515
Kristen Wiig has looked soulless and empty for months now. Is she ok?
>>
>>70859422
>he's surprised capeshit is nothing but making as much money as possible
you might be mentally handicapped
>>
>>70859600
He's doing it for FREE... Sony products.
>>
>>70859592
I'd do it myself but it's 2:03 am and I have work in 7 hours. I should really be in bed. This is pathetic that I'm still on here at this time.
>>
File: 1344760640534.jpg (140 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1344760640534.jpg
140 KB, 960x720
ITT We predict the RT %

>13%
>>
File: 1465958919862.jpg (128 KB, 518x598) Image search: [Google]
1465958919862.jpg
128 KB, 518x598
>>70859453
he knows
>>
>>70859605
Making the news=/=level of hate
>>
>>70859623
The fact that it's capeshit is meaningless. Look at the other powerpoints. All films, regardless of genre, are just seen as extended commercials by studio execs.
>>
>>70859053

Works for people like Anita sarkeesian
>>
>>70859164
>>70859430
please

the robocop reboot didn't receive 1/100th of this ire.
why do people have trouble admitting that they don't want to see an all female cast of an all male movie?
>>
>>70859641
38% RT
29 MC
>>
>>70859593
Robocop reboot was alright though. It's nowhere near the masterpiece the original film was, but it's still a decent film.
>>
>>70859641
>76%

>a few missteps can't stop this fresh and often funny reimagining from breaking new boundaries and changing the way films are perceived
>>
>>70859453
>you aren't allowed to criticize shitty things because I said so
>the "bad press is good press" meme
bad press kills movies, we are contributing to it's downfall. I couldn't be more happy
>>
>>70859425

who's mark?

>>70859430

>We dont need all these reboots, spinoffs, and remakes

I wouldn't say we don't need any. for example, I think the robo cop remake could've taken off perfectly if the script had been better. we just don't need BAD remakes. modern hollywood has turned to shit and the exceptions are in astoundingly small numbers

>>70859527

yeah, a bad script and unfunny jokes are totally an excuse for my hiding my sexism. just cut the fucking crap. I like wiig as an actress and even feel bad for mccarthey, whom I usually can't stand at all. it's not the women that make this movie bad, it's the men (the director, the writers, the suits) behind the scenes
>>
>>70859322
The only way you can prove your mom isn't a smelly whore is by paying to go see be new Ghostbusters out in theaters on July 15.
>>
>>70859543
Can't remake Back to the Future while Bob Gale is alive he owns the rights to it.
>>
>>70859568

that reasoning actually made me understand why ticket sales are getting smaller. the quality is shit and people notice that, even plebs
>>
>>70859722
>we
Do you have proof you are a local of /tv/ and not a meme tourist?
>>
>>70859053
This is Like communist propaganda.
The point is to assert absurd things as fact and then attack those that oppose it.

They have an army of people working with them.

And from a marketing angle, it will work.
They will make some money from this, it won't be a big hit but all this shit they kicked up is gonna raise the profile of a film that without the bullshit around it, would fail massively.
>>
WHO GIVES A FUCK

the movie will bomb so who gives a flying fuck
>>
>>70859682

because the robo cop movie wasn't bad? it was okay and as far as I remember, it had decent earnings

>the robocop reboot didn't receive 1/100th of this ire.

fucknog, I guess you never visited a single "MUH BLACK TACTICOOL SUIT!!!!!" thread
>>
>>70859774
You can only dress up a turd so much before people can no longer ignore the smell.
>>
>>70859651

The news wouldn't cover it if it wasn't noteworthy.
>>
>>70859754
Bob Zemeckis also said that the only way to remake Back to the Future was over his dead body. And he meant that literally.
>In an interview with the Daily Telegraph, Zemeckis, who directed all three films in the iconic time-travel franchise, said "Oh God, no" at the possibility of a remake or a Jurassic World-type continuation, adding that it "can’t happen until both Bob [Gale] and I are dead." Gale was co-writer on all three films.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/robert-zemeckis-back-future-remake-805887
>>
>>70859053
I still don't get this whole situation. Ghostbusters is shit and the new Ghostbusters also looks shit. But people love shit, and the only difference is that this shit has a meme all-female lead cast.
>>
>>70859744
I already pre-ordered tickets to see the new ghostbusters 2016â„¢.
>>
>>70859164
Aye. People aren't mad solely because they are female but rather because they were cast due to them being female and not because they were appropriate for the role.
>>
>>70859507
Feminism = giving money to the white males running Columbia, and refusing to criticize any of their products
>>
>>70859164
They realize that.
It is just obvious deflection

They lumped in all the valid complaints with the sexist ones.
>>
File: 1465992245601.gif (648 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1465992245601.gif
648 KB, 500x375
>>70859322
Just imagine your sloppy a bit fat mommy on my dick
>>
This film will be a financial and critical success because of its deep roots in feminism.
>>
>>70859682
These threads wouldn't exist if they didn't play the victim card all the time. If they didn't go from show to show telling everyone how "manbabies" aren't watching it because of muh females

But they do and that triggers /t/v/
>>
>>70859053
It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it pays off!
>>
This movie is gonna flop so hard. I'm not even a racist MRA faggot like you clowns.

While I generally approve of social justice issues, this is just appropriation of actual issues in order to boost sales of some corporate jew who doesn't actually give a fuck about women's issues

I also find it hilarious how much they are putting in to advertising this movie, because no matter how much they advertise it, nobody is going to see it. Racists won't see it; MRAs won't see it; even SJWs like myself won't see it because I'm woke enough that I'm not being browbeaten into seeing some shit movie just to advance an agenda that's not actually being advanced.
>>
>>70859808
>fucknog, I guess you never visited a single "MUH BLACK TACTICOOL SUIT!!!!!" thread

>specific thread i've never heard of
>compared to something that's been on /tv/'s frontpage since inception and isn't even out yet
thanks for proving my point
>>
I don't even understand how you can make Ghostbusters look so fucking bad? Ghostbusters is a great concept, but somehow Sony managed to completely fuck it up.
>>
So if manchildren are the only opposition to feminism (and are a minority of the population, given that we actually have a functioning society), why is feminism even necessary? How is it brave?
>>
>>70860011
Fuck off newfag.
>>
This movie won't do horribly because people will pay money to see how bad it is.
>>
>>70859527
No one hated Angels of Chalie, you fucko
>>
>>70859620
nah man shes tired.
>>
File: Based Katarn.jpg (25 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Based Katarn.jpg
25 KB, 320x240
>>70860006

8/10 not bad
>>
>>70860071
not bad for what?

does that read like a troll post? it obviously isn't
>>
>>70860026
not an argument.
>>
>>70860141
not that guy, but the notion that robocop got this much hate is blatantly disingenuous
>>
>>70860173
It got the same amount of hate from me.
>>
>>70860173
It got the same hate, it's just that the hate didn't get a misaligned response in the form of "muh feminism"

Sony are drowning out the actual complaints with "sexist sexist sexist!"
>>
>>70860119

Sure, man.
>>
>>70860236
maybe from you; I wouldn't dispute that. but overall, it's not comparable

>>70860324
it really didn't m8
I'm not sure if you're trying to implant false memories into me, but it's really not going to work.
>>
Taglines, old and new:

Old
>The adventure of a lifetime!

New
>If you don't watch this movie you're a virgin with no friends and you hate women!
>>
>>70860379
yes it did
the only difference was the protagonists and PR team of robocop didnt go around on interviews shittalking people who didint like the movie...thats why the hate is more vocal with this piece of trash.
>>
>>70859543
>Escape from New York
>starring Scarlett Johansson or Margot Robbie
>duke of New York is now a straight white male who makes fun of snake for being a woman
>constant "I was expecting a man" lines
>hardened criminals overpowered in flashy hand to hand by femsnake
>quips
>president a black man probably Jamie Foxx or Idris Elba
>doesn't fuck over snake in the end or kill the Duke
>Fires the general who put the bomb in snake because "she saved me"
>also comes out the general was hoping for the mission to fail to prevent the president from succeeding in his plan to "move the stale conservative govt. forward"
>Also hates him for being black
>oppressive government depicted as overtly "patriarichal"
>"Welcome to the human race" become "Welcome to [current year]"
>Kurt Russell makes a cameo as the taxi driver... he dies after saying "sent a woman to do a man's job" in disbelief at snake being a woman.
>this scene is to set up a climactic battle with some capeshit tier Uber henchman
>Femsnake beats his ass suffering only minor bleeding from the mouth from a sucker punch.

SO IT IS SAID SO SHALL IT BE!
>>
>>70860379
Initially it got the same hate.
Then they nutured that

The fact that you think I should feel responsible for random people on the internet is so fucking retarded.
This goes further than judging the actions of a group by the actions of a few people
This is judging people based on other people they have no affiliation with.
>>
File: 0-.gif (2 MB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
0-.gif
2 MB, 240x180
>inb4 ghostbusters threads every other day
>inb4 more ghostbusters discussion world wide
>inb4 ghostbusters makes over 30+ million profit
>>
>>70860478
what the fuck is a femshake?
>>
>>70859053
I mean McCarthy does have a point my mom is a fucking cunt

But still this Ghostbusters looks unfunny as fuck.

Liberal retards are going to eat this shit up though $200 million opening weekend desu
>>
>>70859053
>Bill Murray, Dan Akroyd, and Ernie Hudson gave you the ultimate endorsement by being a part of the film
Sony threatened Bill Murray with a lawsuit.
He is forced to be in this movie.
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Sony-Might-Sue-Bill-Murray-Playing-Ball-Ghostbusters-68651.html
>>
>>70860478

Why would Kurt die? The remakes usually honor the original character in some way.
>>
>>70859543
Not necessarily..all they have to do is have the usual main cast talking down to people and giving them the finger on promotional material while talking shit about them personally.

>so mr, whoever plays james bond next..what do you have to say to their fans
>well I wanted to tell them to come by my house and pick up their whore of a mother, who's asshole I ANNIHILATED last night while they were sitting home in their basements jerking off for the 8th time in a day HAHAH...god what human wastes amirite interviewer? DONT watch my movie you assholes. I dont even WANT you to, its better that something this exquisite isnt tainted by being digested by your under-developed, diarrhea-filled brains. Fucking pieces of shit FUCK YOU
>*CROWD CHEERS AND WOOOS
>>
>>70859568
>I had a course at university with a professor who told us that US companies in general don't like criticism given by employees
Or consumers
>>
>>70860593
>>
>>70860604
>Bill Murray's character dies after calling all the new Ghostbusters liars
>>
>>70860689
>Bill Murray's character appears as an elder professor of the paranormal
>"I-I think this is a case of-"
>sees ghost
>"AAAAAAHHHHHH"
>starts running while farting
>the sheeboon goes "run forest RUUUNN"
>"well girls..time to handle some ghosts...GIRL STYLE"
>rock music starts playing while shot of them moving side by side like badasses in slow motion
>>
$5 says Bill Murray dies and they dedicate the DVD release to him.
>>
>>70860950
>rock music starts playing
>Joan Jett - Bad Reputation
>>
>>70861096
oh fuck do you think sony will kill bill murray to make this happen?

honestly I wouldn't put it past them
>>
>>70859368
>electricity
the fuck? how were they going to brand that?
>>
File: 128251070153.jpg (42 KB, 556x344) Image search: [Google]
128251070153.jpg
42 KB, 556x344
>>70861096
>Bill Murray dies and his hell is sitting in a very small room without windows and doors while one wall has a projection of the new ghostbusters on loop, forever
>>
>>70861145
Let's just say that if they kill Bill, then we can safely assume what happened to Harold.
>>
>>70859716
Fuck this is so accurate to what even the worst reviews will say. This movie will be shilled so hard
>>
>>70859366
can't wait to see them fail
>>
>>70861474
How could this movie possibly fail?
>>
>>70861563
Boyfriends not taking their liberal arts armpieces to see it.
>>
File: patriarchy busters.png (52 KB, 881x466) Image search: [Google]
patriarchy busters.png
52 KB, 881x466
>>
>>70859716

Unpleasantly accurate.
>>
I miss those times where composure and the preservation of personal dignity by not legitimizing random comments made in public were admirable traits. Now to not respond is to be a bitchass.
>>
>>70859164
>even if it was an all male ghostbusters with literally the same script, it would be bad as fuck.
You could replace the cast with Adam Sandler and his shit friends without missing a beat.
>>
>>70859053
WHY IS THE BLACK WOMAN LISTED LAST IN THE DESCRIPTION?

ITS [the current year]
>>
>>70859053
>open video
>TERRIFICFELLAS
>pause it immediately out of annoyance
>>
>>70859641
I'm gonna go with 64%
>>
>>70859641
89% critics
12% audience
>>
>>70859368
>Anti-Virus
>Electricity

This will never not be funny
>>
>>70859053
We can have female Ghostbusters. We had Kylie Griffin and Janine Melnitz. Maybe more, I heard there was another girl in the comics.
What we can't have is a shoddy remake with horrible jokes a ten-year old would be ashamed of hiding behind a shield of "YOU'RE JUST MAD BECAUSE THEY'RE WOMEN" hypocrisy.
>>
>>70859641
>83%

>Despite whatever unintelligible, sexist and not-so-subtly racist comments the dudebros slacking by the watercooler at your office might have spouted, this fresh take on the aged classic will leave you asking for more. Ghostbusters might have some minor flaws -Hemsworth's performance was sub par, and that's putting it politely- the film is not only knee-slappingly-funny-to-the-point-of-bruises, but it paves the way for some much needed change in Hollywood's toxic status quo. Diversity is coming, ladies and nerds. Have you booked your tickets?

Sad thing is we are going to see reviews like this no matter what.
>>
>>70859858
Based Bob
>>
>>70860173
It got plenty of hate (mixed with generl disinterest), but that hate wasn't met with accusations of sexism. What happened with James Rolfe was one of the most bizarre fucking things I've ever seen and turned my apathy towards this movie into actual dislike. I think that's what you're seeing occur, is that people don't like this shit and they don't like those opinions being met with personal attacks.

We also need to remember that a bad comedy is far worse than a bad action movie. Bad comedies are fucking miserable.

This is all disturbingly similar to the Mass Effect 3 "Entitled Gamers" fiasco.
>>
>>70860006
You're an idiot in my book, but at least you agree with us in the most important part:
>movie's shite
>alleged "agenda" is pointless in that there is actually no valid progress in the movie.
>shaming the audience into watching is not to be encouraged
So I guess that means I can respect your opinion, which makes you alright.
>>
>>70859641
78% RT
Average rating 4/10
>>
>>70860950
It's confirmed in the leak that came out months ago that was in turn confirmed to be true by each and every succeeding trailer and TV spot that Bill actually plays a skeptic mouthing of about how women can't catch ghosts when the dragon ghost kills him by pushing him out of a window.
>>
File: gb-legos-168507.jpg (116 KB, 655x380) Image search: [Google]
gb-legos-168507.jpg
116 KB, 655x380
>>70862398
The new Lego Ecto-1 also has her ride in the back while Wiig is having fun with the gear shift, so...
>>
>>70859198
One month to go anon. I can see it doing well critically though due to regular critics being scared to badmouth the movie and the general white knight/SJW/feminist critics giving it good reviews even if it's the biggest pile of shit to ever hit the big screen.

I just hope it's a box office bomb but I can't see that happening either unfortunately.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfhXxdHv-qE

BASED MAX LANDIS
>>
>>70862361
someone should make a trailer with the adam sandler cast but im shit at editing
>>
File: powerpoint sony3.png (284 KB, 636x429) Image search: [Google]
powerpoint sony3.png
284 KB, 636x429
>>70861160
probably by licencing Electro light bulbs or some shit
>>
>>70860478
>Kurt Russell makes a cameo as the taxi driver
i was gonna say this is the most realistic part because of Ernest's role but then I remembered Dan Akroyd
>>
>>70863798
for a guy so worried about not coming off as a whiny retrograde wrongthink weakling, he really whines like a total faggot

>i swear guys, my GB had a female lead, can i criticise it now?
>>
>>70859682
The Robocop production team didn't insult its consumers every chance it got.
>>
>>70863240
I always found this similar to what happened with DmC.
>>
>>70859053
I hate her fat fucking face
>>
>>70859104

The fuck do you mean "unopposed"? We are already opposing them and revealing their shit by not taking off your adblocker and torrenting software. Just keep pointing out their bullshit and eventually they'll stop when the kino industry and media industry crashes and burns like the dead money hoarder that it is.
>>
>>70864515
This was a great movie by the way.
>>
"Yo. How many different type of ghosts we got, A?" Abby rapped back

"Humanoids, Vapors..." Patty was glaring at Abby and Erin.

"You know what, lets skip ahead," Abby said.

"Yeah, that part is thirty minutes long and involves break dancing," Erin said. The break dancing was actually pretty good, but they skipped it and started the act again when Abby and Erin announced "So protect the barrier! Protect the barrier! Or mankind will end." It ended with Abby and Erin striking rapper poses. "Word!"
>>
How long until Sony wants people to be sympathetic to their film and hire someone to start a mass shooting at a screening?
>>
>>70866059

found Paul Feig
>>
>>70868570
fuck off Max, you wanted to shit on Rey and got eaten by the progressive shit you feed
>>
>>70859053
Is it just me or did Wig and the one on the left look like they don't really give a shit about the whole thing, or even that they want the fat one to shut the fuck up?
>>
File: Ghostbusters 1436584765347Eb.jpg (419 KB, 1194x1551) Image search: [Google]
Ghostbusters 1436584765347Eb.jpg
419 KB, 1194x1551
>>70859390
>This turd will be the biggest bomb since 1945.
Not if the Normies go and watch it July 15th. This movie is the most hyped film on the internet right now and you know what they say there is no such thing as bad publicity.

Most normies (including some normies within this very thread) will pay to go see it just to know how bad it really is.
>>
>>70868887
he looks shoulderless without the roids goddamn breh
>>
>>70859164
oh, shut the fuck up. there's nothing more pathetic about you redditors than the fact that you don't have the guts to admit that the overwhelming hate directed at this movie comes from the underage edgemasters who hopped on the "dae SJW????" train.

there has been a massive influx of shitty sequels, trash capeshits, embarrassing cashgrabs. nothing got half the hate than this thing. kikes.
>>
>>70859053
is that the blonde's natural face?
>>
>>70869531

Shes going through a Jim Carrey phase with none of the talent
>>
>>70869427

must be shooped, off the roids, or he stopped working out and only eats applesauce now
>>
>>70869444
>overwhelming hate directed at this movie comes from the underage edgemasters

This is what I don't get. It's mostly millennials born in 1998 who care passionately about the remake, oldfags like us really are pretty indifferent. It boggles the mind a bit m8.
>>
File: IMG_20160503_170548.jpg (41 KB, 382x475) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160503_170548.jpg
41 KB, 382x475
>>70859053
Kimmel's logic and also the fatty, seems to be: what do I care about men's approval if I already have men's approval?
>>
>>70859641
It will be positive. Any film that even hints at femenism gets good reviews. They will blame the flop on misogynists, have you paid any attention to the last couple of years?
>>
File: 1455750858518.png (710 KB, 596x597) Image search: [Google]
1455750858518.png
710 KB, 596x597
>>70859053
No matter why you dont like it the whole female ghostbusters argument will always be brought up. How do you get people to stand infront of the cast and genuinely tell them why they dont like it?

They do have that right? Marvel Avengers had a panel, shows have panels at places like SBSX, where can the public actually voice their opinion without it being discarded or twisted?
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-01-20-13h39m09s82.png (528 KB, 1600x680) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-01-20-13h39m09s82.png
528 KB, 1600x680
>>70868887
When he is not beefed up, his forward head syndrom sticks really out due the really long neck
>>
File: 1463858129703.jpg (4 MB, 1496x7784) Image search: [Google]
1463858129703.jpg
4 MB, 1496x7784
>>70869444
>there has been a massive influx of shitty sequels, trash capeshits, embarrassing cashgrabs. nothing got half the hate than this thing.
You're retarded. None of those called you a piece of shit because you said you didn't like it. Pretty big difference
>>
>>70859493
>>70859459

Of course it's going to do well. It can't not do well after this amount of marketing. And just because a movie is shitty doesn't stop people from flocking to it in droves, just look at warcraft
>>
File: 1457507696936.png (61 KB, 701x909) Image search: [Google]
1457507696936.png
61 KB, 701x909
>>70867350
We can only hope the end result is the same, then. Holy shit that was a flop that felt good to watch.
>>
File: imadeahugemistake.jpg (28 KB, 286x270) Image search: [Google]
imadeahugemistake.jpg
28 KB, 286x270
>>70859053
It's as if in the middle of rehearsals Kimmel's producer received a phone call
>Mr ____ it's one of Sony's executives he says he needs to talk to you about tonite interview
>Hello?, yes this is him, tell Jimmy to plug what?, is there even a picture or a clip to show of someone making such statement?, No Mr. Takanawa, we can't afford that ris-- oh , well if you already talked to the president of the network and he already sold you a 1 minute space of publicity inside the show, then say no more.
Later that night
>Pic related
>>
>old problematic male fantasy film
>secretary is a bookish unappealing library bitch

>progressive enlightened modern remake
>secretary is a piece of man candy used as a comedy sex prop and to draw in horny teenage girls
>>
>>70859164
>just look at the trailer

Not my clicks familie
>>
>>70860571
I think it's something from /b/
>>
File: 1431581818710.jpg (70 KB, 500x671) Image search: [Google]
1431581818710.jpg
70 KB, 500x671
>>70859053
Why is there a cut at 0:40? Blonde lady is playing with her hair and then when it goes to the next camera her arm is completely flat. I thought they didn't take multiple cuts on late night shows?
>I could be completely wrong about both of these things
>>
>>70859053

it's bully marketing. Literally telling the audience they're sexist/racist/not progressive if they don't watch the movie, and portraying all criticism of the film in a socio-political framework
>>
>>70859384

have you read the leaks regarding the movies creation? it was literally an email from the fag director to that psycho retard ceo they have saying "it's ghostbusters with girls isn't that progressive?!" and the response to the pitch was "goddamn that's progressive so it'll definitely be a hit, here's a blank check"
>>
>>70872808
Holy shit, there's another cut when they change camera in the first two seconds. All of them move their hands at the same time but everyone but Kristen Wiig have their hands in different positions
>>
>>70859053
Holy shit Melissa McCarthy reminds me of my first girlfriend.

When I broke up with her she was well on her way to becoming as fat as McCarthy is...

>tfw begin dating 115 lb ex soccer player
>tfw she slowly starts gaining more and more weight
>tfw can't take it any more and cut it off once she hit 155lb

Glad I cut it off honestly. I can't imagine how guys keeping dating the same woman even after they hit over 200lb. Like god damn hit the gym or something!
>>
>>70859390
>since Hiroshima

You blew it!
>>
>>70873013
I honestly can't believe that this is really how it goes. I mean they're leaks so I guess does, but how the fuck.
>>
>>70859620
She old af.
>>
The butthurt from the opening weekend box office numbers is going to be legendary. I can't believe we're only a month away from that wild ride.
>>
>>70859682
Robocop wasnt 1/100th as beloved as Ghostbusters. A better comparison would be the Star Wars prequels.
>>
>>70859682
Robocop was ruined by its own sequels
>>
File: gbp.png (68 KB, 578x541) Image search: [Google]
gbp.png
68 KB, 578x541
>>70873346
>Amex offered me tickets to the premiere today
>they want 500 dollarydoos

I'm really tempted so I can come here and spoil it a week early, but I can't in good faith spend money on it.
>>
>>70873368
or because your a poor fag

spoil it? like anyone gives a fuck how this movie ends, are you literally on heroine?
>>
>>70860478
Oh my god stop, they'll actually do this.

>screenplay by Diablo Cody
>>
>>70873404
I also don't live in LA, so I would have to fly there.
>>
>>70861166
This is Sartre's version of hell.
>>
>>70859326
>So they went with plan B: Make all the GBs female and tell people who don't accept the cast that they're being sexist, thus shaming the people into pretending to like the movie.

No thats plan C.

Plan B was a sequel involving new Ghostbusters with Cameos from the old cast as there previous characters not random pointless cameos.

All the scripts for this were rejected the ideas for the cast they had could have been good.
>>
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this movie got in the 10s or 90s on rotten tomatoes.
>>
>>70859459
Growns Ups 2 and Jack & Jill did very well for Sony, this is based on an existing property so it's probably going to do even better. Here's hoping the masses vote with their feet and don't see this shit.
>>
>>70859620
She was on her way to becoming a serious actress with real substance and then she got caught up in this piece of shit of a movie with some loud black girl and fatty slapstick humor betty with her lowbrow comedy.
>>
I am endlessly fascinated by this movie. I honestly spend way too much time reading about it. It all started with the ridiculous online reaction to that James Rolfe video.
Thread replies: 189
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.