[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did Emily Blunt's character let the Mexican guy get
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: sicario.jpg (207 KB, 900x470) Image search: [Google]
sicario.jpg
207 KB, 900x470
Why did Emily Blunt's character let the Mexican guy get away with it when she was an assassin? Isn't that what sicario means? I thought she was hired to keep an eye on those soldier guys. Or is that a setup for the sequel? That's sweet
>>
>>70854002
>Why did Emily Blunt's character let the Mexican guy get away with it when she was an assassin?
She was FBI and there was fuck all she could do.
>Isn't that what sicario means?
What makes you think it was referring to her?
>I thought she was hired to keep an eye on those soldier guys.
She was hired to stand around, shut up and allow the CIA to appear like everything they were doing was within legal boundaries despite doing whatever the fuck they wanted.

She was a pawn and way out of her depth.
>>
I love that this is becoming a meme movie

Ive been posting about being confused about the seemingly random fight with EB and Shane over the rubber band and I always get bites
>>
>>70854051
>She was FBI and there was fuck all she could do
but she was an assassin. she could have killed them all. i think there's gonna be a sequel

>She was hired to stand around, shut up and allow the CIA to appear like everything they were doing was within legal boundaries despite doing whatever the fuck they wanted.
true that
>>
>>70854082
That scene made no fucking sense.

Why would their inside bent cop have fucking arm bracelets in his pocket?
>>
>>70854118
it was just poorly directed

which makes it prime meme material
>>
>>70854109
>but she was an assassin. she could have killed them all. i think there's gonna be a sequel

It's been confirmed there will be a sequel but you're delusional if you think she could have killed any of them in any other manner other than shooting them in the back when they weren't expecting it.
>>
>>70854174
>when they weren't expecting it
that's what assassins do pal. it's gonna be epic

Also why did they shoot the mexicans on the highway but then they let those guys in the buses go?
>>
>>70854230
How are you so retarded?

Is English not your first language?
>>
>>70854291
no bullying please
>>
>>70854337
No.
>>
>>70854051
This. They make it painfully obvious that she's rides along with them just so they can get official approval to operate outside the border. Basically the need other brother hood agencies to co operate to make it legit. She realises she's a pawn, she's not to happy about it and maybe they'll elaborate more on that in the sequel. That's it. It's not a complicated or deep movie, but it was well made and did the job
>>
>>70854002

Sicario is about DeToro's character. He's a hitman for the Columbian cartel. The CIA was using the Columbians to take out the Mexican cartels. They figured everyone is going to want drugs anyways, might as well get the drugs from a "safer" source. Mexico was too close to the US and the violence was spilling over. Emily Blunt was brought on because having a domestic LEO on board let the CIA operate on US soil. She didn't kill him because they would have fucked her over anyways. They would have destroyed her reputation and probably assassinated her. And on some level, she felt that Josh Brolin's character was kind of right.
>>
>>70854592
no way! she's the sicario. did you see the way she headshotted that guy and when she punched that soldier guy. wow. i'm going to go jerk off
>>
>>70854118

Because he was handling the dirty money that was wrapped up in those bracelets. What doesn't make sense is that he knew he would find Emily Blunt at that bar and that she would come home with him. I'm assuming he had orders or planned to kill her.
>>
She did anonymously
>>
She couldnt let an inferior halfbreed come up and spit
>>
File: Sicario.01.51.45.jpg (507 KB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
Sicario.01.51.45.jpg
507 KB, 1920x800
>>
>emily blunt will NEVER step on your balls
just die in my sleep already
( ._.) ( ;_;)
>>
File: DELETETHIS.png (1 KB, 279x75) Image search: [Google]
DELETETHIS.png
1 KB, 279x75
>>70857004
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.