[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Family Guy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 294x220) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 294x220
When did this show officially go to shit? When they turned Stewie into a fucking fag? When they brought it back for good in 2004? When McFarlene decided to juggle this project with two other shows? Or do you think it's still in its prime?
>>
>McFarlene
About here.
>>
>>70849944
I do like American Dad at least before it too went south but Cleveland Show sucked outside of comic con episode.
>>
>>70849918
the peanut butter jelly time gag was the first time something FROM THE INTERNET showed up on such a mainstream show

it was legitimately shocking. nowadays, there's not really a "joke" to it or any sort of recontextualization.

but at the time, NOBODY did that.

Family Guy is a good show, or at least from season 5 and later. earlier seasons sucked and have not aged well.
>>
>>70849918
It went to shit when we grew up and realized that Family Guy was only funny when you were 12.
>>
>>70850970

This. Recently I've been watching a few eps from season 2 and I was amazed how bad it was from the start.

It baffles my mind that there's people in their 30s-50s who love this shit
>>
>>70849918
It was always edgy shit. It just benefited from novelty factor for a time.
>>
>>70850641
Ally McBeal had that dancing baby thing from the 90s show up in an episode.
>>
>>70851093
Wrong way around, Baby from McBeal.
>>
>>70851119
No, the baby came first. It did not originate in Ally.
>>
>>70849918
at least 10 years ago.
>>
I think around season 6 it went to shit. The humor changed after its cancellation as well. The earlier seasons are much snappier with their setups and worked the cut aways into a story. Now they seem to get some cut aways first and work a story around them.
>>
>>70851724
Just like the time made love to barbara streisand....
>>
It's always been shit. You just have to grow out of it to realise that
>>
>>70851127
If Ally had a baby, then Ally came first and not the baby
>>
>>70851724
>worked their cutaways into the story

k
>>
I grew up
>>
>>70850255
McFarlane hasn't contributed anything but voice acting to AD for almost a decade now.
>>
>>70851724
I'd say it went to crap earlier than that, around season 4

>>70854314
They were at least analogies that related to the main plot.
>>
>>70850970
Precisely that. I was in awe when I got satelitle (non-americuck here, so no FOX) and could finally watch the fabled Family Guy when I was in HS. Now that I'm a good few years older, that shit is unwatchable.
>>
>>70849918
When it came back from cancellation, only the very first episode of that season was as good as the old ones. It was never the same after that
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.