[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jupiter Ascending
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: lkl1ydf.jpg (360 KB, 1024x1517) Image search: [Google]
lkl1ydf.jpg
360 KB, 1024x1517
What was its fatal flaw?

Why couldn't it effectively world-build despite devoting so much time to exposition?

All the pieces seemed to be there, why didn't they come together?
>>
>What was its fatal flaw?
Trannies
>>
>>70847439
>Wacko Brothers
>Channing Tatum and Mila Kunis. HORRIBLE LEADS
>3 Hour movie stuffed into 2. Rush thru everything pacing.
>Sci-Fi movie made with intention of appealing to Twilight YA crowd
>>
>>70847439
The universe was too complex to be pulled off without overzealous amounts of exposition. That's the whole point of why good sci fi ends up being so memorable, they suck you into a universe by just throwing you into a well developed atmosphere and making you take it as it is. That's a reason why Star Wars was so successful, save for the opening crawl there's barely any exposition in the film and it's never forced on a viewer when it does happen. It's why Interstellar and Inception aren't very good either
>>
>>70847439
An intricately detailed world counts for nothing if the characters are boring.

So we wind up with a film where cardboard cutouts explain political and economic systems of alien worlds for two hours.
>>
>>70847439
The way, the effect being excuted in wide angle view that has the depth of field was so poor. 2ndly the antagonist were so underdeveloped. Finally, the way Tatum surfs around obstacles didn't do much work for me. It's hard to believe that it's work of people who overlooked the wire works in "Matrix". Whether you, anon agree or not, those are the things that took me off watching this film.
>>
>>70847439
The main character was a toilet cleaner and she remained a fucking toilet cleaner in the end. It's almost insulting to the audience.
>>
>>70847439

It was mind numbingly stupid.

Tranny brothers should go back to ripping off bad comics.
>>
>>70847439
Miscast leads.

It would have been really good if it weren't for Kunis and Tatuum.
>>
File: wachowskis.png (842 KB, 975x650) Image search: [Google]
wachowskis.png
842 KB, 975x650
10/10 kino
>>
>>70849244
>It was mind numbingly stupid.
/thread
>>
DIFFERENTIAL EQUATION BOOTS MUH NIGGA
>>
>>70847439
Plot repeated itself like a Möbius strip (she gets caught and rescued about 80 times)
And the two leads were awful
>>
>>70847439
Twilight in space.
>>
>>70847439
>lousy plot based on worst clichés
>awful unsympathetic main characters & bad casting

I actually really loved the world building and visual but the whole thing was just a mess. I.e. scene with bureaucrats is great but absolutely don't fit with the rest of movie.
>>
>>70851938
>ywn have a sticky threesome with them
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.