[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
Is it good?
>>
shakespeare is for plebs
>>
have you read it?
>>
>>70846990
yes
>>
it's macbeth. if you like the play you'll probably like it. the acting is kinda meh though, the costumes aren't historically-accurate, the slo-mo shit in combat was awful, and the pacing is kinda bad because there's no room for the natural pauses and set changes of a stage production.

it's kind of a grimdark braveheart with more elevated dialogue and less emotion
>>
>>70846987
well how else was he supposed to make money?
>>
>>70846953
If you understand what the characters are actually saying in the script you immediately realize that how the actors deliver the lines is completely emotionally inconsistent. I guess you could say it makes sense for Macbeth in the sense he has a form of PTSD, but literally everyone just says their lines as mutely and as emotionless as possible and it can be very irritating at times.

If you want to watch a stellar Macbeth adaptation, watch Roman Polanski's. It's incredible.
>>
>>70847013
then yeah
>>
>>70846953
it's macbeth, lad. You already know your opinion on it.
>>
>>70849295

read macbeth several times, found this movie boring as hell.

only dinner scene and forest prophecy were handled well
>>
>All those Shakespeare "experts" suddenly out of the /tv/ woodwork
Plebs obviously can't handle true cinema, no surprise here.
This was an amazing ethereal experience, everything from directing, music, cinematography, acting etc. was perfect and contributing to a real piece of art
It's also heavily influenced by Boorman's Excalibur in its editing and visual style, and I see no problem with that, if you're borrowing, borrow from the best.
>>
>>70851407
The visuals were obnoxious at times desu
>>
For real though, his delivery of "O full of scorpions is my mind" is my favorite take of the line I've ever heard
>>
>>70846953
It's beautiful.
>>
File: 1446934876821.gif (143 KB, 274x200) Image search: [Google]
1446934876821.gif
143 KB, 274x200
>>70849295
>>70846953

It's horrible it is pretentious. The set pieces are clichee as fuark...people battling in biker clothe with sticks and without helmets.
The actors don't know what the fuck the lines mean they are spilling, they are making a meaningful face while robotically reading them out loud. The whole thing is so over the head of these hollywood popstars, who want to prove that they are 'Real' actors and the director..urgh...
>>
>>70846953
Shakespearean Cinematic Universe when???
>>
It's definitely not bad. Some interesting liberties are taken with the material and both Fassbender and Cotillard are ridiculously good. The cinematography is way overblown though, and kind of shitty at times.
>>
>>70846953
Watch Coriolanus.
>>
>>70853406
That is the sense I got from the trailer.

10/10 not watching
>>
>>70853483
It's called Hollow Crown.
>>
File: throne2_-_h_2016.jpg (88 KB, 928x523) Image search: [Google]
throne2_-_h_2016.jpg
88 KB, 928x523
No. watch superior adaptation instead.
>>
>>70853406
Bought the film months ago but never got around to watching it because of this very feeling I got
>>
>>70853836
The right choice, my ricenigga
>>
Shakespeare is better on a stage
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 480x270
LUNACY LUNACY LUNACY LUNACY LUNACY LUNACY LUNACY LUNACY LUNACY LUNACY LUNACY LUNACY LUNACY LUNACY LUNACY LUNACY LUNACY LUNACY LUNACY LUNACY LUNACY LUNACY LUNACY LUNACY LUNACY LUNACY LUNACY LUNACY LUNACY LUNACY LUNACY LUNACY LUNACY LUNACY LUNACY LUNACY
>>
>>70853836
movie's name, bitte
>>
>>70846953

No, it's great
>>
>>70853406

You are so dense. They have experts on Shakespeare on set and go through evry fucking delivery.

The problem is, its not fucking theatre but a movie.
>>
>>70854791

Throne of Blood, Japanese Macbeth
>>
>>70851407
I agree with, I watched it and was thoroughly impressed with the execution. I just hated the fact it's macbeth again. I had to study it in school for a solid year. Why can't they make a movie like that with something original. It's not the 1600s anymore, we have lots of great writers and matierial out there. As good as the bard was he didn't have media on tap growing up.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.