[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HOW ABOUT I GET YOUR AUTOGRAPH WHAT YOU SAY BIG BOY?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (144 KB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
144 KB, 1920x800
HOW ABOUT I GET YOUR AUTOGRAPH

WHAT YOU SAY BIG BOY?
>>
>>70846627
I'M STUCK IN HERE WITH ME
>>
>>70846627
None of you memers seem to understand.
>>
>>70846645
>>70846651
Snyder missed the whole point of this quote. In the comic you don't actually see Rorschach say this in the panel, it's relayed by his psychiatrist, and alludes to how his sessions with Walter Kovacs is affecting him more than the patient.
>>
>>70846758
Still a good line
>>
>>70846758
There's no fucking time for that in a movie. Have you not heard of the word, adaptatiom?
>>
>>70846758
Snyder didnt miss anything, he had to relay certain things to fit into an action movie, you people talk like you'd do a better job at it when in reality he nailed it.
>>
File: greas.jpg (124 KB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
greas.jpg
124 KB, 1920x800
>>
>>70846824
>>70846837
It's a shit adaptation that shouldn't have been an action movie. The source material has very little action whatsoever.
>>
>>70846991
what i want to know how is he was able to throw the fryer at him without it completely spilling
>>
>>70846991
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1wOK9yGUYM
>>
>>70846837
snyder missed how, without the squid island, there was nothing for the comedian to discover that would cause his mental breakdown. Thus no reason to kill him.

So the entire movie is a plot hole.
>>
>>70847221
Doesn't really make sense, especially since he beats the guy down, smashes the protective glass and takes out the pan while all the other prisoners just stand around and watch.
>>
>>70847332
He also fucked up on the energy problem he put in its place. In the comic Dr Manhattan has already solved all renewable energy problems and every car is electrically powered and the skies are filled with airships.

In the movie he removes all reference to electric cars and charging stations, but there's still airships everywhere for no reason.
>>
>>70847432
Reasonably sure there electric cars are still a thing. Their existence(or absence) in no way speaks to the problem of clean,renewable energy having been solved, just the pollution that results from internal combustion engines.
>>
>>70847508
Recognizing energy was a huge factor in the cold war, and battery power was one of the main hurdles to getting rid of internal combustion, Manhattan flooded the world with lithium and lithium battery fabricators and nuclear waste reprocessors. Meaning the entire world has limitless free energy.

It just intensified the cold war.

But snyder had to dump that because a second batch of free energy generators would be pointless if ozy was trying to give everyone free energy generators.
>>
>>70847508
In the comic it's explicitly explained that Dr Manhattan synthesised an enormous amount of lithium, which allowed for the mass production of lithium batteries which has made combustion engines in cars and dependence on fossil fuels obsolete. It mirrors his introduction to the world of crime fighting in that he makes Nite Owl redundant as a crime fighter and then makes Hollis Mason redundant as a car mechanic.

In the movie there are no electric cars and the lack of clean, renewable energy is a part of the plot.
>>
>>70847591
>>70847735
My point is that clean, renewable energy and electric cars are two separate things. We have electric cars now(and could have had them for the better part of a century), but where the energy comes from remains a problem.

In short, an electric car still getting its juice from an oil-burning power plant only solves a portion of the problem. Leaving the solution to the renewable energy problem to Ozy still works in that scenario.
>>
>>70847805
The problem is clean renewable energy is literally the easiest thing for a godlike entity with full control over matter to solve. He would have also had all the motivation necessary to solve it during the gas shortages of the 70s.
>>
>>70847805
The electric cars in the comic don't get their power from an oil-burning power plant though, and the electric cars in the movie don't exist (despite the fact that Mason still has a sign outside his shop that says "obsolete models a speciality")
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.