[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the cinematic equivalent to Feels?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 319x287) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 319x287
What is the cinematic equivalent to Feels?
>>
>sad
>colorful
>vaguely about acceptance
>underrated as a whole but overrated in regards to the fanbase

The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou
>>
>>70841992
donnie darko because it's overrated and regarded as "good" or "deep" by fans (all of which are autistic) but is in reality complete shit
>>
some wes anderson shit
>>
>>70842043
Banshee Beat is the greatest song of the 2000's
>>
>>70842119
word
>>
>>70842119
Loch Raven is better
>>
Where the Wild Things Are was attempting this, but didn't succeed.

maybe Lord of the Flies or Blue Lagoon

if there were a psychedelic version of those that would be it. I've seen some experimental films and video art that kind of come close.

Animal Collective's own experimental film ODDSAC is probably the best choice
>>
>>70842035
Campfire Songs - Grand Budapest Hotel
Sung Tongs - Fantastic Mr. Fox
Feels - Moonrise Kingdom
Strawberry Jam - Rushmore
Merriweather Post Pavilion - Life Aquatic
>>
>>70842446
Is Tenenbaums Spirit They're Gone Spirit They've Vanished? What's Bottle Rocket?
>>
>>70843501
>Is Tenenbaums Spirit They're Gone Spirit They've Vanished?
I was considering that but I'm not sure if it entirely fits. Spirit could also match Moonrise Kingdom in theme but not necessarily tone.

Bottle Rocket is tricky. It could potentially be Painting With since it's fairly straight-forward.
>>
>>70842446
I mean finding the Animal Collective album equivalent of a Wes Anderson film is an interesting kind of mental exercise, but I don't really think there's anything similar other than the loosest 'hipster' and maybe 'naif' association.
>>
>>70842446
Solid attempt, I don't think you can put the acoustic, amorphous campfire songs on grand Budapest which is all about production value and a grandiose aesthetics
>>
>>70842446
Even though TLA and MPP are colorful the existentialism and melancholy of TLA matches Strawberry Jam more

Also, TLA and Strawberry Jam both have this tone / beat of loud-pulsating and then quiet moments. Rushmore's pretty chaotic and loud all the way through.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.