[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Biggest blunder of 2016
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5
File: DELETETHIS.png (188 KB, 758x620) Image search: [Google]
DELETETHIS.png
188 KB, 758x620
>Has Spiderman(more popular than batman and superman and any x-men character, even deadpool)
>Basically avengers 3
>Hero vs hero
>Panther
>Sequel to a critically acclaimed movie
>High critical praise
>Disney marvel

How did this only manage to make less than ironman 3?
>>
People are finally getting burnt out on never-ending sequels.
>>
>>70827871

DC bought off the reviewers
>>
>>70827871

Because it's not titled Iron Man: Civil War
>>
Black Panther

signed /pol/
>>
>>70827871
IM3 was only really as succesful as it was because it was the first Marvel movie after the Avengers.
>>
I dont really think any of that matters as much as you seem to think because it still made a lot of money. Either way I dont understand why people here care so much, as if /tv/ users are investors themselves somehow. I'm more interested in how this movie was a lot better than Iron Man 3.
>>
>it only made over a billion dollars

DC won.
>>
>>70827871
Turnaround time is too fast with movies that have the same continuity. It's also why BvS underperformed, even thought it was the first time DC's two tentpole characters were in the same movie. It's really going to be bad with Star Wars though. Star Wars will have ruined it's theatrical value in 5-6 years.
>>
>ITT: DCucks, mental gymnastics, and bait
>>
>>70827871
Holy shit, the butthurt is palpable. Are you a angry DCuck or Blizzdrone?
>>
>>70827871
How the fuck is Spiderman more popular than Batman? Spider-man was coming off the critical and commercial disasters known as Amazing Spiderman 1 & 2. Batman was coming off of the Nolan trilogy. Your argument is shit
>>
should have called it Iron Man or Avengers, no one likes Captain America
>>
>>70829797
There are DCucks that believe this.
>>
>>70827871
Because it took 0 risks.
>>
IM3 came out right after the first avengers so it was riding the hype train when it was still fresh.
>>
1.jpg pls. Just because you got wrecked in /co/ doesnt mean you need to keep going.
Also 27%
>>
>>70827871
capeshit fatigue, the next sequel will perform even worse.
It was just about time.
>>
>>70830100
so this means
>Avengers
hype
>Iron Man 3
hype
>Winter Soldier
no hype
>AoU
semi hype
>Civil War
semi hype
>>
Check'em
>>
>>70827871
chinks
>>
>>70830132
Thats why BVS flopped right?
>>
>>70830170
Uhhhh what? Iron Man 3 is all about post avenger Stark. Wasn't super interesting IMO just heavily profited from being the first marvel film after the avengers
>>
>>70827871
Who gives a shit about only the domestic gross.. The big money is overseas and as a whole, it made a ton of money. Americans don't go to watch movies so why pander to an uninterested demographic.
>>
>>70830259
partially because of this, but mostly because it was an awful movie.
>>
>>70830294
this thread is about the box office
>>
>>70830132
>capeshit fatigue
this, we already had deadpool & BvS before this. i've seen every cape movie in the cinema but even i a massive neck-beard faggot basement dweller skipped out on Xmen and thought about skipping civil war
>>
>>70829633
This
>>
>>70830040
>Only factoring in movies
Spiderman is insanely popular and always will be
>>
File: 734589965.jpg (198 KB, 640x850) Image search: [Google]
734589965.jpg
198 KB, 640x850
IM4 would make even more than IM3 because of chinks
>>
>>70830040

>How the fuck is Spiderman more popular than Batman?

Because real life.
>>
>>70830040
Because DCucks are grasping at straws

Most Popular Superheroes
1. Batman
2. Superman
3. Spider-Man

Most Famous Superheroes
1. Superman
2. Batman
3. Spider-Man
>>
>>70829633

This. Iron Man 3's success had nothing to do with it being a good movie(lol). It was the first movie after the big ensemble silm everyone was jizzing over. They could have put thor 2 right after and even that movie would have made a good chunk of money(though not as much as IM3 because of RDJ's star power).
>>
How's this a bigger blunder than something like BvS, a movie that couldn't even break a billy?

>Implying Spider-Man is more popular than Superman or Batman
>Implying Spider-Man's in the title, unlike BvS

Weak bait m8.
>>
File: BUqziJk.jpg (126 KB, 648x853) Image search: [Google]
BUqziJk.jpg
126 KB, 648x853
>>70830040
>How the fuck is Spiderman more popular than Batman?

Literally everyone on the planet loves Spider-Man or some variation of him.

Batman can't even touch him.

It's funny because the character hasn't had any decent stories, video games, or movies in years. The one GOAT TV show was cancelled and passed by most because "MUH ART STYLE!"
>>
>delusional /tv/ austist losing it

Stick to feet threads. You're not good at this analyzing stuff.
>>
>>70830503

Why the fuck is Superman over Spiderman in popularity?

Fame sure, but popularity? As in people actually liking the character? Cos even ASM2 made more than MoS so that's a biting indictment right there
>>
They should have named it Ironman and Spiderman vs Captain America: Civil War
>>
>>70830509
that would only make sense if it had a huge opening week then a massive dropoff.
>>
>>70827911
This plus these characters are already exposed. The only point of interest will be the blu ray sales, if it exceeds the prior marvel flicks then it says something.

Also I think the DC verse may do better in the long run there are folks that do not know anything about BvS and avoided it because no wonder woman ect.. (these are not the people that visit this site nor reddit), aka tumblrs gals who only know the ww is in Justice league.
>>
File: IM3vCV.png (291 KB, 2115x958) Image search: [Google]
IM3vCV.png
291 KB, 2115x958
>>70827871

Seems to be donig fine
>>
>>70830785
OP on Suicide Watch
>>
>>70830785
2 million ahead of IM3 at the same point?
>>
>>70830873

Is that considered a flop now too?

It's like every movie from now on has to break a record to be considered a success with you people.
>>
>>70827871
Confirmed bomb. Time for reboot.
>>
>>70830949
Nigga, I was literally making an observation that it made MORE money
>>
File: PT.png (841 KB, 1425x800) Image search: [Google]
PT.png
841 KB, 1425x800
>>70831038

I'm sorry anon.

I think every post is hostile now
>>
>>70830356
>i've seen every cape movie in the cinema
Kill yourself.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.