[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Hollywood Has a Huge Millennial Problem 2016 is on pace
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: great_gatsby.jpg (96 KB, 1333x750) Image search: [Google]
great_gatsby.jpg
96 KB, 1333x750
>Hollywood Has a Huge Millennial Problem
2016 is on pace to be the worst year for movies—by tickets bought per U.S. adult—since before the 1920s. What’s going on?

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2016/06/hollywood-has-a-huge-millennial-problem/486209/?single_page=true

One question: apart from people working in the industry, who the fuck cares? I have backlog of literally +3000 films, flicks, movies and kinos that I want to see. On top of that, there are Lord knows how many patrician TV shows that I still haven't seen. If every Hollywood studio went out of business, I don't think I would even notice.
>>
>films, flicks, movies, and kinos
>patrician TV shows

You are part of the problem.
>>
>>70823886
How come?
>>
>>70824951
Because you speak with memes fucking retard.
>>
>OY VEY why won't the fucking goyim watch my capeshit flicks?
>This can not go unpunished, Haim call the headquarters immediately and double the import rate of muslims.
>>
File: 191816.jpg (13 KB, 470x313) Image search: [Google]
191816.jpg
13 KB, 470x313
>The problem for Hollywood is that audiences are ignoring everything that isn’t a sequel, adaptation, or reboot. The market for films based on stories that aren’t already famous is threadbare. These sort of stories exist in entertainment, but consumers, and particularly young consumers, are looking for them outside of darkened theaters.

And this is ALL your fucking problem! The reason we keep getting reboots and sequels is because you keep paying money to see it!

Bad Neighbors 2 got 95 million at the box office. WHY?? Why the fuck did you all go and pay money to watch that shit?

It is such a shame that R Rated psychological thrillers like Jacob's Ladder are dead and we will never see anything like that again in the mainstream. All we get is Disney capeshit.
>>
We have so many entertainment options compared to previous generations, so there is less intrest in movies in general.

Also it seems as thought alot of big studios are focusing on these big movie to break a billion, maybe they are making less over all movies. So there are less movies to appeal to all the different kinds of people. Like big war movies and wild west movies are not made as much as they have been, so the older crowds that like those are not going to theaters.

Also i would wager our generation has way more neets who cant afford to go to movies as much.

But i pulled all of this from my ass, so who knows the true reason.
>>
>>70825105
Just watched Scarface today. We will never get movies like that from Hollywood studios ever again...
>>
>>70825323
Exactly this. Due to Hollywood not caring about talent or risk takings but instead only caring about something that will sell big money.

You have to hand it to Duncan Jones and Zack Snyder who are perhaps the biggest risk takers right now in the business.

Still: Warcraft should have been R not PG 13
>>
File: new hollywood.png (167 KB, 1676x793) Image search: [Google]
new hollywood.png
167 KB, 1676x793
>>70825432
I hope that the prediction comes true. That the Hollywood studios with these capeshit tentpoles will crash and burn, leading to a new era of risky films. Like in the 60s they got fucked with their big budget musicals and historical epics, leading to New Hollywood. During the New Hollywood era, we got films like pic related. I want the studios to get so desperate that they will give someone like Refn 60 million dollar budget with complete creative control and final cut. Let directors and writers be rockstars again and see what happens. Movie theaters are going to disappear anyway.

Of course, New Hollywood gave birth to Blockbuster cinema and it's been space shit, cape shit and vidya shit ever since.
>>
>>70824978
>he thinks those are memes
You are the problem
I bet you think 'kino' was just made up by /tv/ because it means cinema in other languages
>>
>>70825873
>I bet you think 'kino' was just made up by /tv/

Yes it was.
>>
File: 1256126217.png (59 KB, 1553x451) Image search: [Google]
1256126217.png
59 KB, 1553x451
>>70826218
wrong
>>
>>70823857
Because all movies do now a days is pander to the same white male demographic that has rejected seeing movies in theaters and pirates. PoC and women continue to pay.. why hasn't representation reflected that yet?
>>
File: 1463977237069.jpg (227 KB, 1600x1120) Image search: [Google]
1463977237069.jpg
227 KB, 1600x1120
>>70823857
The actors care because they might not get 50$ just for pretending to be someone else for a few weeks.

This entire industry is rotten and should collapse already.
>>
>>70825717
You're ignoring all the cultural elements surrounding New Hollywood (baby boomers' generation gap between old audiences, changing social trends, increasing acceptance of sex and violence, Vietnam and Watergate bringing a more pessimistic view to society) and the ones leading to today's declining industry, chiefly how much competition there is for people's attention.

Yes, for a brief time Hollywood gave any kid with a beard a million dollars hoping it would connect with young audiences, and for a while it did. Then it didn't. Despite all the bitching, the only movies that make money are superhero films and blockbusters. That's what people want, if they want anything at all
>>
>>70826748
*50 million $
>>
>>70826748
How does someone on a film board have so much contempt for how movies are made?
>>
>>70826292
not even the same poster but I seriously doubt your list of kino includes "short films produced by small crews with little to no budget"

just be honest, in the real world it means something but on here it's just blatant memespeak to mean whatever appeals to you in some petty contrarian way
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.