[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
James Wan hungry for world building with Aquaman
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: James-Wan-Aquaman-600x340.jpg (70 KB, 600x340) Image search: [Google]
James-Wan-Aquaman-600x340.jpg
70 KB, 600x340
>“They asked me which of the two characters I’d be interested in and it was between The Flash and Aquaman,” Wan tells Uproxx. “This is how I weighed it: For me, we’ve seen various versions of The Flash… There’s a popular show on TV and there was a great one in the ‘90s… But the thing that ultimately pushed me more towards Aquaman is I love the possibility of creating a whole new world. I’ve always wanted to do a world creation story and visually create this amazing, incredible, magical kingdom. And also, I love the fact that Aquaman is an underdog character. I love the fact that people like to make fun of him. [Laughs.] I feel the bar is a lot lower and I can have fun with him!”

>“I had already had a lot of conversations with Warner Bros. and they knew very early on that I had said I would love to be a part of the DC Universe… This is back in the early days when The Conjuring was just about to come out… We’ve been talking about it for awhile.”

Can't wait. Aquaman and Atlantis deserves some great world building theres so much potential when you deal with the ocean
>>
>>70799022
I hope they go for a spooky vibe with it, at least in part. It *should* be a little a scary and forbidding. Any word on how they intend to handle the back story yet?
>>
>>70799022
>Can't wait. Aquaman and Atlantis deserves some great world building theres so much potential when you deal with the ocean

You'll get Samoan underwater cabins nigga.

Also when they'll fire Amber Heard from this? She'll became box office poison when all is discovered about her lying. Oh wait, is Warner Bros I forgot, they hate box office.
>>
>>70799022
I'm sold on Wan for Aquaman after I saw his visual flair and instincts in The Conjuring 2.
>>
>>70799022

I wish in between BvS and Aquaman they dye Momoa's fucking hair completely blonde, maybe incorporate that whole legend that Atlanteans with blond hair are cursed/lead to ruin.
>>
>>70800776
ayyy
the salt is real
>>
Eh, i hear good things about these horror flicks, it's cool he's so enthused but

>I'm a big fan of what Geoff Johns did with his new take on "Aquaman," with the New 52. I think for the first time, we get to see Aquaman as a superhero that definitely isn't the butt of superhero jokes, right?

No, he was pretty gnarly in the 90s
>>
>>70800790
>after I saw his visual flair and instincts in The Conjuring 2
I don't know why you are only just sold on him hes been doing average to good work since Saw in 2004
>>
>>70800876
>No, he was pretty gnarly in the 90s

This I hate how Johns gets all this glory for making Aquaman cool when Peter David did altogether a better job, along with one of his most defining looks, sure the harpoon hand was edgy but that beard was dynamite.
>>
>>70800923
yep, David/Morrison used him to great effect, moreso than Johns' SEE GUYS HE'S REALLY REALLY COOL
>>
>>70799022
How will you guys feel when Aquaman outgrosses Man of Steel and Dawn of Justice? Will the King of Atlantis finally get respect?
>>
>>70799022
Wan>>>>Snyder
>>
>>70801174
I'll just be happy to see Aquabro getting some much-deserved respect. I also hold out hope that they make him hydrokinetic.
>>
>>70801261
>I also hold out hope that they make him hydrokinetic.

If momoa's Aquaman is Brave and the Bold's underwater Brian Blessed edition they can't lose.
>>
>>70800776
yeah her being cast really fucking bugs me

she is such a lying cheating whore I hate her so much
>>
>>70799022
Can't wait for the colorful reefs
>>
>>70801295
Oh hell yeah!
>>
>>70801174
lel no.

It will probably beat them on Rotten Tomatoes tho.
>>
Wan is the Horror King.

Hoping Aquaman is spooky as fuck
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.