[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has there ever been a more underrated film?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: masternadcommander.jpg (53 KB, 300x431) Image search: [Google]
masternadcommander.jpg
53 KB, 300x431
>>
Gattaca made only 1/3 of its budget
>>
>>70796189
It was expensive to make, was poorly marketed, and is probably a little too smart for the summer blockbuster crowd.

But it's a great fucking movie.
>>
>>70796189

amazing film, I remember watching it one night having no idea what to expect.

I was pleasantly surprised
>>
>>70796216
Gattaca has a pretty decent following on this board. Is it because it's somewhat conservative leaning?
>>
>>70796189
awful movie, overrated

watched with my boyfriend and fell asleep half way through
>>
>LET FLY
>>
>>70796310
lol It's a man's film if there ever was one.
>>
>>70796275
It's because it's a great film
>>
>>70796189
It's just to difficult to understand :/
>>
>>70796275
How on earth does GATTACA represent conservatism?

It's a dystopian portrayal of a world where free-market genetic modification creates a stratified class system that dehumanizes people and deprives them of meaningful work. It's literally genetic credentials as capitalist apparatus to control the means of production.

It's leftist as hell.
>>
>>
>>70796189

Conan the Barbarian. People who haven't seen it dismiss it as a just another dumb Arnold action movie when it's actually the GOAT fantasy film.
>>
>>70796484
>>70796216
Gattaca is rated #1scifi mist likely to come true
>>
Sky Captain
>>
>>70796848
This, it is the 2001: A Space Odyssey of fantasy, and people always overlook it because "muh Arnie"
>>
>>70796189
>The lesser of two weevils
>>
>>70797032
Greatest joke in cinematic history
>>
What are you guys talking about? The Conan movies aren't Star Wars but they're pretty popular.
>>
File: LONDON.jpg (830 KB, 2885x1807) Image search: [Google]
LONDON.jpg
830 KB, 2885x1807
>>70796446
>>
>>70797013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeZL2R9jDJM

Might just have the GOAT score too
>>
File: wednesday drinking poison.webm (522 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
wednesday drinking poison.webm
522 KB, 720x480
>>70796848

my dad did the same with rambo first blood
>>
>>70796189

It's because half the population doesn't get it
>>
>>70796189

>almost universally praised by critics
>nominated for best picture and best director and a bunch of technical stuff
>won best cinematography and best sound editing

Probably.
>>
>>70796484
people on tv are just retarded. let it go.
>>
>>70797261
You never hear people talk about it and a lot of people haven't even heard of it though.
I'm probably the only one of my friends who's even seen it and I'm 24. That's criminal. It's a classic.
>>
>>70797433
People not talking about it has very little to do with ratings though. That just makes it relatively unkown or underappreciated.
>>
>>70796342
anon is gay,incase you didn't notice it.
& his gay bf is more of a man than anon would ever be
>>
>>70796484
not who you replied to and havent seen the movie for a long time so might be wrong, but the whole movie is about a man rising to a position who should not be able to have based on pure hard work and merit. that's kinda the conservative dream
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.