[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is true capekino. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L58 rdhCfDIU
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 9
File: darkman_ver4.jpg (74 KB, 512x755) Image search: [Google]
darkman_ver4.jpg
74 KB, 512x755
This is true capekino.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L58rdhCfDIU
>>
IT's basically every Liam Neeson ever, only covered as cape movie
I still liked it.
>>
>>70794786

I don't think he's ever hit a vocal pitch of such rage since this movie until Taken
>>
Official capekinos:

Robocop
Darkman
Ghost Rider 1
Defendor
>>
File: 1462949445388.jpg (190 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1462949445388.jpg
190 KB, 1024x576
In an ideal world, comic book adaptations would be pushing the boundaries of audio-visual storytelling, offering a sense of style and playfulness unique to the medium. For all its juvenile flaws, the medium of handdrawn capeshit actually is its own artform and kept reinventing itself.

When you look at revered classics in cinema history, you see filmmakers with sensibilities that aren't that different from comic book artists. Filmmakers who understand the power of imaginative framing and editing, they played with depth, angles or colors schemes, experimented with montage techniques, sound design or lenses.

This is a picture from Stan Lee’s "How to Draw Comics the Marvel Way". Look at it and ask yourself how would the equivalent "How To Makes Movies the Marvel Way" could look like.

Then ask yourself where the current Kevin Feige-produced MCU titles would be, on the left or on the right? Do they offer visual dynamism, creative and exciting use of the medium's possibilities in order to heighten the experience? Personally, when I look at this picture, I can see exciting formalists and pop artists like Orson Welles, Seijun Suzuki or Sergio Leone belonging on the right, or even to stay strictly in the field of current blockbuster filmmakers, people like George Miller, the Wachowski Sisters or Brad Bird but certainly not Peyton Reed or Jon Favreau, with their flat, uninspired televisual (lack of) style.

All the great Marvel artists would absolutely agree that the MCU is a bland, soulless sham.
>>
>>70794884
Very good post, I don't know if it's pasta but it has a point anyway.

Disney can't push boundaries anymore, the only boundaries they know they can push are our gender and social ones, they never try doing anything different just because it's not profitable atm. We need to make sure that "outsider" movies get the recognition they deserve by going to the cinema to see them
>>
>>70794838
>Ghost Rider
You must be joking.
>>
>>70794738
That's a shit trailer for a good movie
>>
>>70795078
pros:
>light hearted
>over the top nic cage
>memorable moments
>very cheesy

cons:
>light hearted
>over the top nic cage
>very cheesy
>objectively shit villain

It's grand if you like Nic's acting, otherwise ye it's a bunch of nonsense
>>
>>70794738
Why all the B- crap movies are called kino in /tv/?
>>
File: capekino.jpg (194 KB, 961x700) Image search: [Google]
capekino.jpg
194 KB, 961x700
pic related are the only true capekino
>>
TAKE THE FUCKING ELEPHANT
>>
File: marvel dc (3).jpg (413 KB, 1860x1400) Image search: [Google]
marvel dc (3).jpg
413 KB, 1860x1400
>>
>>70795469

I really enjoyed the first two thirds of F4NT4STIC 4, if the last act hadn't been so absolutely horrendous it might have been a decent flick
>>
File: MAD.jpg (85 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
MAD.jpg
85 KB, 1280x800
>>70795488
>>
>>70795447

Copypasta

ever felt insecure about your choice in movies? Want to convince people that a movie is good without having to do any real explanation? Well just stick the word kino in there and you'll have everyone on /tv/ sucking the films dick in no time. Example
>did you see that Batman v Superman yet? it's great imo
>oh i heard it sucks so no, I won't watch it
>oh bruh it's kino tho, true honest capekino
>oh shit well when you put it that way, how could I not go and see this?
>>
Fanboys oversell the mediocre offerings of Raimi. Darkman is a mildly entertaining film, with a good sense of humor, and it ranks with other passable but unmemorable 90's hero blockbusters, like the Shadow or the Rocketeer. Comics haven't had a great life on screen, but they've at least produced a few films better than fucking Darkman.
>>
>>70794738

I don't know how much I would actually enjoy this movie if it wasn't for Larry Drake. Durant is still one of the best villains of the 90's, and he basically covers all the technical and performance issues the rest of the movie has.

>>70795651

The Shadow is one of my "secretly love" films. That movie is absolutely gorgeous, it might be Mulcahey's best film from a direction standpoint.
>>
File: download.jpg (6 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6 KB, 300x168
>>70794838
>no kickass
>>
>>70794738
euhh... at 1:00min
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M7EIC2xt-Y
>>
>>70795798
it's an open list m8
>>
>>70795469
hulks even says its kino
>>
>>70795740
>The Shadow is one of my "secretly love" films.
It's much better than people give it credit for. And Darkman is much worse.
>>
>>70794838

>Ghost Rider 1 over Spirit of Vengeance

2 is where the real magic is and you know it. The first one pretends it's an actual superhero movie, Spirit of Vengeance is 90 minutes of Nic Cage screaming at people, lighting guys on fire and Julius Ceaser from Rome giving one of the worst performances in film history.

It's fucking amazing and you know it is.

>>70795884

Sure. I think I just like all those 90's pulp movies though, with the exception of Dick Tracy.
>>
File: capekino.jpg (210 KB, 989x700) Image search: [Google]
capekino.jpg
210 KB, 989x700
>>70795861
now they both say it
>>
>>70795981
woah
>>
>>70795981
>>70795469
>poster literally says I'm Kino
are /tv/tards THAT powerful?
>>
File: Super_Poster.jpg (47 KB, 300x445) Image search: [Google]
Super_Poster.jpg
47 KB, 300x445
>>70794838
>no super
Shut up fag
>>
>>70796027
what a time to be alive
>>
File: witness.jpg (65 KB, 600x660) Image search: [Google]
witness.jpg
65 KB, 600x660
look a capeKINO thread,no Unbreakable.

plebs
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.