[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New HBO show
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 13
File: o-HBO-STREAMING-facebook.jpg (61 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
o-HBO-STREAMING-facebook.jpg
61 KB, 2000x1000
After Game of Thrones ending, HBO will want replacement.

What can be new Game of Thrones? Which book (same or different genre) adaptation could be succesfull as GoT?

Will it be "Dark Tower" series?
>>
Dune, if they do it well.
>>
It's called Westworld. It starts in the fall.
>>
>>70760898

They need to revive Carnivale so it can get the four more seasons that were originally planned.
>>
HBO is dead. Too many rivals now. After games is done the network is done. True detective flopped and Vinyl flopped.
>>
>>70761322
Nah, it's just a matter of time before a new GoT level TV show.
>>
>>70760898
An epic hard sci-fi show
Mass Effect
The Culture
Hyperion
>>
Eh they're gonna go for some other medieval fantasy because people will always like that and there will be nothing of it once GoT is done.

Dunno what but I really hope it's going to be original.
>>
>>70760898
Haarry potter
>>
>>70760898
HBO is fine. Yeah game of thrones is great for them but it's not like they depend on that show. Still has true detective. West world is coming soon. Vinyl might pick up next season, I guess silicone valley is doing good on there
>>
>>70760898

cape shit
>>
>>70761714
Plus they're doing that watchmen show. Which could be the next HBO epic
>>
>>70761714
>Still has true detective
Won't have another season m8
>>
File: Question_34.jpg (40 KB, 300x455) Image search: [Google]
Question_34.jpg
40 KB, 300x455
>>
>>70761794
They will. Good thing about anthology shows is they can start from scratch with the next season and make it great
>>
>>70761827
They really need this to combat Marvels Daredevil on jewflix.

It needs Jeffrey Combs to play the role though like he did for the Timmverse.
>>
they should do a fiddies noir show about cops and robbers

call it Old Timey Beatwork
>>
File: flash-gordon-comics.jpg (58 KB, 434x640) Image search: [Google]
flash-gordon-comics.jpg
58 KB, 434x640
>>
Astrosaurs
>>
File: image.gif (49 KB, 225x250) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
49 KB, 225x250
Redwall

It won't happen , author took the rights to his grave, but I'd pay to see HBO Redwall
>>
>>70760898
The Witcher. It actually had an ending as well, so there's no way they can severely fuck up the author's vision. Like the game devs did by reviving Geralt and Yennefer.
>>
File: the_invisibles.jpg (470 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
the_invisibles.jpg
470 KB, 1600x1200
>>
>>70761322
True Detective always did well in the ratings.
>>
>>70761868
They already confirmed there's no season 3 buttmonkey
>>
Dunk and Egg, Robert's Rebellion, plus a miniseries about a young Twin Lannister ending two noble houses a la Rains of Castamere. Why would HBO end this gravy train?
>>
The Last Wish [Witcher]. Plenty of swearing, violence and sex
>>
>>70760898
Dark Tower is being made into a film with Idris Elba.

Honestly, you chucklefucks on this site know fucking nothing about films and/or TV. This is the worst board on 4Chan. No exaggeration.
>>
>>70762878
I would only agree to miniseries if GRRM was in control again.
As GRRM did less with the show, the shittier it got.

D&D are godawful and you all know it.
>>
>>70762812
For now. It took like 2 years or so for season 2 to come out
>>
File: 1460504122844.png (576 KB, 557x809) Image search: [Google]
1460504122844.png
576 KB, 557x809
It's gonna be Dune, it's the only logical step after Game of Thrones.
>>
Watchmen will save HBO
>>
>>70763017
>not the sandkings
>>
File: Battle_Angel_Alita.jpg (107 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
Battle_Angel_Alita.jpg
107 KB, 1000x563
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_programs_broadcast_by_HBO#Future_programming

all look like duds. several have had production shutdown, like lewis & clark and westworld.

they're probably fucked in the short-term, but they have two more years of game of thrones to figure something out
>>
>>70762982
For the most part I'd agree, but actually like this season (as flawed as it is). Plus I don't think D&D want to continue after the season 8 finale. There are plenty of talented potential show runners out there. Bran's flashbacks are getting me hyped.
>>
Why you guys all thinking Fantasy will be their next hit

They need a true drama back again
>>
Mallazan book of the fallen deserves an adaptation.Also Kingmaker would be interesting if they tried
>>
>>70760935

i want this so bad but it'll never happen
>>
>>70761520

>Wheel of Time

they wouldn't compete once that series gets up and running.
>>
>>70760898
They already have The Foundation series and Hyperion lined up.
>>
File: Star-Trek-Logo.jpg (764 KB, 1500x750) Image search: [Google]
Star-Trek-Logo.jpg
764 KB, 1500x750
>>
>>70760898
Why would anyone make this thread
>>
File: conan.jpg (79 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
conan.jpg
79 KB, 400x600
this
>>
>>70763430
only Jodo could make a worthy adaptation.But i would like to see his other works based on dune as series on tv or as movie adaptations,Incal and the Metabarons
>>
It'll be a warcraft movie spinoff series. Screen cap this please.
>>
File: D&D.jpg (169 KB, 1746x498) Image search: [Google]
D&D.jpg
169 KB, 1746x498
>>
Blood Meridian mini series
>>
>>70761430
Mass Effect would be best
>>
Vietnam mini-series.
>>
It's not really a Game of Thrones replacement, except in terms of gratuitous tits and sex, but I'll tell you one show HBO should make. An adaptation of Dykes to Watch Out For. And make it 100% accurate to the time period. It would fit right in there with their political content like Vice and Last Week Tonight. Bechdel got a genius grant last year too, so there's lots of prestige to be had.

I couldn't fucking stand The L Word. Please, television, give me this.
>>
>>70763670

jodo wasn't trying to make a worthy adaptation. he didn't even read the novel. he just wanted to make a DUDE DRUGS LMAO
>>
>>70763453
really?.. I love sci fi, but I can't really see a sci fi novel adapted to a tv show being a huge success... (I guess BSG would technically count as sci fi, but I've always thought of it more like a soap opera in space with some sci fi elements here and there). After the events of True Detective S2 (and currently vinyl) , I don't think they will be taking chances with an original idea, so it has to be an adaptation, an already established franchise. Is the book California by Edan Lepucki already being worked on by other studios/networks?, if not, I would bet on that one. I would love a new crime/gangster drama, but netflix already has that covered with the narcos show. In my younger years I really wanted to see Y the last man on earth, and or Fables being adapted to tv, but I guess that will never happen we already got the last man on earth by fox, and once upon a time/grimm.
>>
Wheel of Time, it's in talks for production rights.
>>
>>70762598
This would be amazing.
>>
File: 1451324895227.jpg (990 KB, 1300x1316) Image search: [Google]
1451324895227.jpg
990 KB, 1300x1316
If HBO were smart, they'd toss the Tolkien estate a pile of money for The Silmarillion rights.
>>
Scott Pilgrim series.
>Recast either everyone or just Scott and Ramona
>Have the characters actually act like 20somethings instead of hipster children
>Other than that, make it a mostly faithful adaptation
>>
game of cucks will never end
>>
File: cosplay_whores.jpg (247 KB, 767x1024) Image search: [Google]
cosplay_whores.jpg
247 KB, 767x1024
>>70762677
This would be great. Obviously the rights are up for grabs and the games made it extremely popular.

Though I'd hate to see someone else play Geralt other than Doug Cockle. He's the definitive Geralt imo
>>
>>70765622
wow, what a slutty clavicle
>>
They'll resurrect True Detective, but with a rotating team of big name show runners and big named actors, with HBO basically being upfront that it's an anthology series and lowering all expectations and accepting that there will be bad seasons and good seasons.
>>
>>70761430
>Mass Effect
Hell yes
>>
>>70761322
Netflix is the only legitimate rival right now, as they are the only ones making alright shows consistently.
>>
>>70762736
>Morrisson book
>made into a show/movie
never gonna happen, he's a shit writer
>>
>>70762204
yes
>>
>>70765622
qt
>>
Hold up, Game of Thrones is ending? They confirmed that season six is the final one?
>>
>>70769851
No way posh baby
>>
>>70765622

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gy7a6yUc8zo

And then they'll have to turn this to tv-form. Nah Children of Húrin or some specific segments of of the Silmarilion at best.

And even then, i don't want some half-assed low budget Silmarillion with tits every 5 seconds.
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.