[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong with the Hellraiser series? Why were the sequels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7
File: pinhead.jpg (259 KB, 2145x1507) Image search: [Google]
pinhead.jpg
259 KB, 2145x1507
What went wrong with the Hellraiser series? Why were the sequels after Hellbound so terrible?
>>
They decided to make it into bad b movie schlock.
>>
Clive Barker had less involvement with them.
>>
>>70743872
Inferno is the best one though, it created a new idea of hell that was actually scary.
>>
File: strangely aroused.jpg (139 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
strangely aroused.jpg
139 KB, 854x480
They're still pretty decent.
>>
File: Hellraiser3.png (419 KB, 832x420) Image search: [Google]
Hellraiser3.png
419 KB, 832x420
I stopped watching after the third one.

Did I miss anything?
>>
>>70743872
>What went wrong with the Hellraiser series?

Americans. Although the sequel did have an American director and it wasn't all bad. The first two are the only good ones.
>>
>>70748055
Nope.
>>
File: buffetraiser.jpg (79 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
buffetraiser.jpg
79 KB, 1280x720
>>70748055
Yeah, >>70746697 and pic related. Give them a go. They're better than 3 that's for sure.
>>
The only bad movie is the last one (with fatfacemcchin Pinhead).

But the quality goes down after HR2. H3 was decent, but didn't feel like a real HR movie. Not enough gore or weird imagery.
>>
>>70746481
It wasn't really a Hellraiser movie, they retooled an original script into a HR movie.
>>
File: this nigger serious.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
this nigger serious.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>70748227
That one was good. Tiawana!
>>
>>70748327
Twins always fascinate me.
>>
>>70748251
Yet that idea worked a lot better than hellraiser 1 and 2
>>
File: Twins of Evil-g43.jpg (111 KB, 717x398) Image search: [Google]
Twins of Evil-g43.jpg
111 KB, 717x398
>>70748375
Watch the British Hammer horror film Twins of Evil.
>>
>>70748400
I love the Karstein Trilogy.
>>
>>70748155
What the fuck is this fat Pinhead????
>>
File: twins of evil-r23.jpg (227 KB, 1163x1787) Image search: [Google]
twins of evil-r23.jpg
227 KB, 1163x1787
>>70748434
As do I.
>>
>>70748477
http://hammerglamour.tumblr.com/

Fine Hammer ladies are fine.
>>
>>70743872
It became generic religious good vs evil bollocks. The concept of the cenobites being hedonistic entities from another dimension with no concern for humans beyond their value in the pursuit of hedonism was lost – Pinhead just became a punishing figure who would come for you if you'd done bad things, to send you to some vague sort of "personal hell". This began with the second film, and it's why I hate Hellbound so much.

Inferno was bretty good as a psychological thriller, though.
>>
>>70748452
Made for legal reasons. Literally.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hellraiser:_Revelations
>The film was produced in a matter of weeks due to an obligation on Dimension Films' part to release another Hellraiser film or risk losing the rights to the franchise. Due to the quick turnaround time, series star Doug Bradley declined to participate, making this the first entry in the series in which he does not play Pinhead. It was released in a single theater for a crew screening that was ostensibly open to the public, then released to DVD in October 2011.[1]

Jesus wept.
>>
>>70749179
>Facing expiration of their rights, The Weinstein Company, while still apparently working on the long announced remake of the original film,[3] decided to rush an eighth sequel into production; essentially a cinematic ashcan copy.[1] The film was announced on August 20, 2010.[4]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashcan_copy
I fucking hate Hollywood. I just hate it.
>>
>>70743872
Movie 3 tried to turn pinhead into freddy krueger
Movie 4 was pretty decent
Inferno: cop thriller with some hellraiser added
Hellseeker: boring piece of shit
Deader: abomination of a movie
Hellworld: had a few good bits, but then it's all a dream...or not at the end.

Revelations: why.jpg
>>
>>70743872
It's actually quite interesting why, the follow ups after 3 were never intended to be Hellraiser films but somehow ended up as them
>>
>>70749212
For the record, the upcoming Hellraiser: Judgement is also being made to retain the rights to the franchise.
>>
THE DOCTOR..... IS IN
>>
>>70751468
I RECOMMEND... AMPUTATION
>>
Just finished re-watching Hellraiser 2.

Enjoyed the film again, but the final battle between chanard and the cenobites is so underwhelming. It's like they ran out of money.
>>
>>70751680
HAHAHARAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH

*distant RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH*
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.