[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't get the appeal of movies that end with the guy not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 14
File: image.png (449 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
image.png
449 KB, 960x640
I don't get the appeal of movies that end with the guy not getting the girl.
>>
it's meant to condition beta males to the real world but apparently just inspires them to keep orbiting
>>
>>70742394
Funny how true this is
>>
>>70742394
wow really makes you think
>>
>>70742343
Girls like them. Rationalizes their degenerate actions.
>>
>>70742343
he could do better
>>
>>70742394
Wasn't John Green's intention to tell betas to stop orbiting?
>>
>>70742394
exactly this

>"if i supplicate her again this time she'll start to like me! i'll just let her unload her emotional baggage on me after chad shoots a load into her womb and then runs off. she'll surely realize i'm the best choice this time."
>>
>>70742343
the one in the right, that's a shemale right there son..
>>
>ignore the total qt next to you and lose your shit chasing a 6/10 manface bitch

I didn't understand this movie
>>
>John Green Girlfriend List

>1. Jennifer Keene was the cutest girl in third grade, and as such was really out of my league, which she realized after four days.

>2. After it ended with my fourth-grade girlfriend Julie Baskin, I wrote in my journal, "my life is a waste" (seriously).

>3. Tiffany-whose-last-name-I-can't-remember told everyone at camp I kissed like I was eating a sloppy joe, and then broke up with me during pottery class.

>4. Davonne Raizor, the cutest Cure fan in all of ninth grade, eventually revealed, "I keep trying to be attracted to you, but it isn't working."

>5. Barbara wanted someone harder core.

>6. Holly Brown liked Stuart more.

>7. Fran realized she didn't like boys.

>8. Jen Spears realized she still liked Gilbert.

>9. By way of parting, Jeanette said, "You don't need a girlfriend; you need a robot who says nothing but I-love-you," and in doing so, made her way into "An Abundance of Katherines."

>10. After several hours-long conversations about our relationship told me, Jenny told me, "I would prefer to HAVE a relationship rather than just discuss one," which proved impossible.

>11. After two years, Major College Girlfriend and First Real Love Marie Ponzillo was like, "If we're not gonna get married, we should probably break up, and we are SO not getting married."

>12. Jill dumped me because I couldn't get over Marie.

>13. Annika dumped me because I couldn't get over Jill.

>14. Then came the smothering trilogy: Jessi Johnston felt really smothered.

>15. Carrie Sanders felt really smothered.

>16. Lesley Martin felt really smothered.

>17. After my junior year of college, Mary drove with me to Alaska. In pretty short order, Mary dumped me for one of the other people there.

>18. Emily Chambers was my Alamo: there were no survivors.

>19. Sarah Urist dumped me after two dates, because I was awkward and couldn't talk to her (but then we stayed friends and I got slightly less awkward and then four years later we got married).
>>
>>70742343
to get the goyim to accept being a cuck and enjoy watching their waifu get rammed by some chad
>>
>>70742491
>one of the worlds biggest female models right now
anon, i..
>>
Is this a new trend? I can't think of any romcom where this has happened in the last few years
>>
>>70742343
They're realistic.
>>
This was on tv the other day. Cara is sexy and all, so I decided to marathon it to see if she is any good as an actress. But holy crap was this movie shit. I couldnt even bring myself to finish it. I switched halfway. I guess now I know the ending thanks to this thread. As much as I would love to suck Cara's cock, it is mind-blowing how shitty of an actress she is. The wooden chair Im sitting on is better at conveying emotion than her. I guess thats what happens when you are born IRL as an entitled spoiled brat in a wealthy family.
>>
>>70742540
What the fuck is this, is it real? Literally chad tier
>>
>>70742570
She looks exactly like a boy in a wig
>>
>>70742604
but dude them eyebrows
>>
File: 1465587168498.jpg (115 KB, 500x378) Image search: [Google]
1465587168498.jpg
115 KB, 500x378
>>70742570
>runway models
>attractive

>implying she didnt get in because of her rich af parents aswell
>cant even legit make it into a type of modeling that consists of ugly people
>>
>>70742343
Thanks for the spoiler alert douchebag.
I was going to watch this with my ex-wife's son tonight.
Now I have to find something else.
>>
File: 1397740482937.jpg (42 KB, 193x200) Image search: [Google]
1397740482937.jpg
42 KB, 193x200
>>70742540
>there were no survivors
>>
>>70742343
These boys are always betas
women are stronk and independent now.
It reflects real life, women want to get theirs, and not settle for a beta who was raised on Disney princess movies and thinks that they've earned a girl because they pretend to be nice.
>>
>>70742605
every single one broke up with him
>>
>>70742695
its his fault then

either he keeps picking cunts or he is unappealing to them
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 615x409) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 615x409
>>70742716
All women are cunts
>>
File: 1459729115987.png (138 KB, 356x504) Image search: [Google]
1459729115987.png
138 KB, 356x504
>>70742343
You will not find appeal in life then...
>>
>>70742540
>(but then we stayed friends and I got slightly less awkward and then four years later we got married).

And in the interim she got railed by a bunch of black guys probably. Bravo John
>>
>>70742540
>names all of his ex-girlfriends by name, even though he's a public figure and they probably are not and don't want to be
>had 19 girlfriends by the time he was 23
>got dumped by all of them for basically being self-centered
Sounds like he's an ass desu
>>
>>70742939
I wouldn't really even count half of them as girlfriends because a lot of those are like elementary schools shit that lasted two days kek.
>>
>Katie Manning, despite the fact that I sent her two coffee makers for a wedding present with a note that read, “So you can both have one when you get divorced,” is happily married to a doctor in Boston.
What the fuck is wrong with this guy
>>
File: 1412050290019.png (781 KB, 968x758) Image search: [Google]
1412050290019.png
781 KB, 968x758
>>70742540
>Smothering orbiter who can't not annoy the women he's with

Not suprising

>9. By way of parting, Jeanette said, "You don't need a girlfriend; you need a robot who says nothing but I-love-you,"

Holy shit
>>
>>70742343

>I don't get the appeal of movies that end with the guy not getting the girl.

It's called Cuckold-Core for a reason
>>
>>70742991
>>70743004
So if this guy is such a shitty writer and an awful person as well then why does anyone like him at all.

What I'm really asking here is are teenage girls stupid
>>
John Green can only get sexual satisfaction from the thought of all those young teenage girls flipping the bean to his novels or watching his wife get taken by a big black bull.
>>
>>70743047
He maintains a strong nice guy persona in his youtube videos, and seems at first glance to be saying things that aren't shitty. Teenagers don't have enough experience to realize that his stories are by and large about himself being a shit person, nor that his youtube persona is largely built to portray himself in the best way possible. Basically he's a narcissist but younger people don't know how to spot a narcissist well enough. That's my opinion anyway.
>>
>>70743087
all youtube personalities are narcissistics, why else would they think it necessary to shove their face in front of a camera to talk about their boring life or topics on which they know almost nothing eg crash course.
>>
>>70742343
That's because you are self-inserting faggot.
>>
File: Ricky.jpg (84 KB, 603x541) Image search: [Google]
Ricky.jpg
84 KB, 603x541
>doesn't lift
>doesn't push himself physically beyond what he thinks he's capable of
>"I deserve the girl"

Ahahahahaha oh lawdy
>>
>>70742343
and what keeps you away from puting the pieces of the story in the right order mate?
>>
>>70742799
"It's an entire gender's fault, not the flawless John Green"

Hot take you've got there Johnny
>>
>>70742343
>tfw no gf guize :^{
Just constantly indulge yourself until you feel nothing at all like myself.
>>
>>70742971
Yeah, I'm coming up on 23 and I've been with about a dozen women, I was terrified John Green had me beat until I read it carefully. This reads as if he considers every hand-holding a "relationship", crazy fucking unhealthy at his age His age being anything over 7
>>
I always get sad when I think that there are no movies about people not getting any sex, besides 40 year old virgin of course. Is it really so much of a taboo and embarrassing/disgusting thing that nobody wants to shine a light on it or is it that nobody wants to identify or sympathize with the losers who are not losers in a cool or interesting way
>>
>>70742343
Because you need to grow up
>>
>>70743375
>Watch Fast Times at Ridgemont High at 15
>Automatically self-insert as the douchebag who won't pay for his abortion
>In college years later
>GF and I break up
>Still fucking
>She got some guy with a crush on her to pay for my abortion
>"I don't know why I didn't call you, I just didn't"
>MFW

MFW I wasn't financially golden so I was happy enough to have been saved the cost
MFW That was the last time we spoke
MFW I still miss the sex and barely remember her
MFW I'm not a good person
Thanks for reading my blog, be sure to like and subscribe
>>
>>70746255
We're in the age of sexual liberation. By having a character who is legitimately proud of their virginity in a non-comedic way, it makes members of the audience feel like they've lost something important.

It also makes sex seem like something more important (as it rightfully should be), which goes against the current relationship narrative.
>>
>>70746328

Yeah, but I didn't think that they should represent virgins as proud, most of them probably ain't. But would a realistic film about guy or even a socially awkward girl struggling with their feeling of outsiders simply infuriate or bore the audience? Probably would. Outcast characters are welcomed but they gotta have edge and masculinity. If the character is not able to do very basic human thing, reproduce, its kinda repulsive i guess
>>
>>70746328
>, it makes members of the audience feel like they've lost something important.
But they did
>>
>>70742343
it's easy to relate to
>>
>>70746454
>a realistic film about guy or even a socially awkward girl struggling with their feeling of outsiders simply infuriate or bore the audience

I'm not sure what you're asking. There are plenty of characters and even films that concern characters wanting to lose their virginity. The virgin female who finally finds a guy she can trust and has sex with is a fairly common trope.

>Outcast characters

This just perpetuates the already established stereotype that virgins are weird and asocial, and doesn't represent them realistically, I'd say.

>>70746459

Feeling regretful for anything, even for rushing into sex at the age of 13, isn't progressive.
>>
>>70742394
this
cuck training
>>
>>70742605
You must be a very lonely person
>>
>>70746570

i'd like to imagine a film where the main characters doesn't lose his virginity, barely meets any girls and ends up as self-made retarded slob who spends his time on internet. That would be panned though if it wasn't crazy comedy filled with stoner jokes
>>
>>70742469
Somehow I doubt it
>>
>>70742485

why are you trying to give me the sads

fuck you all
>>
File: 1407967153102.jpg (79 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
1407967153102.jpg
79 KB, 500x282
>>70746316
What's it like having sex anon
>>
>>70746721
It sounds like it'd be an arthouse film or something (in fact it probably is), but I think it would be too depressing/boring for mainstream audiences.

Though they do say that current generation males are hooking up less, becoming more introverted, and spending more time online/in-doors. So it would be an interesting reflection of reality.
>>
File: cara-delevingne.jpg (81 KB, 351x608) Image search: [Google]
cara-delevingne.jpg
81 KB, 351x608
>>70742343
D R O P P E D
>>
File: nat-wolff.png (255 KB, 293x636) Image search: [Google]
nat-wolff.png
255 KB, 293x636
>>70742343
>>70747009
D R O P P E D
>>
what about virgin suicides
>>
File: Naked-Heart-Foundation.jpg (73 KB, 615x761) Image search: [Google]
Naked-Heart-Foundation.jpg
73 KB, 615x761
>>70746858
>men die out
>women inherit the earth
Jeff Goldblum foresaw this
>>
>>70747045
If you've ever seen an office of all women, you'll know this won't last.
>>
Sounds like real life.
>>
>>70746779
You're going to hate the answer, and it's true.
The more you love them, the better it is. Your first time with a virgin who loves you is better than athletic, experienced sex with someone you don't care about. Also, practically speaking the more you want each other, the more comfortable both of you are with preferences- fetishes, fisting, S&M, feet, et al. She wants to do everything, and you want to do everything to her, because you want each other. One night stands and friends with benefits can't compete with that.
So, it's incredible when you're in love, and ranges from fun to shitty and soulless otherwise
>>
>>70746779
honestly like fapping but more exhausting and you can't skip scenes.

>just had sex am laying in my bed while my gf is taking a shower, so this is the freshest review you can get.
>>
Im not even /r9k/ but: she knows he has a crush on her, she purposedly leads him on, "come find me", he does, "uh no what did u expect :s "

>>70742540
Yeah i figurer he was this guy. The Eternal friendzone dude, the sexless nu male. No problem talking to women, just that none of them like him and find him pathetic/unsuitable as mate.

Papper towns is clearly an embroidered story from his own life.

>Be content with being a beta orbiter
>Nothing wrong with becoming a cuck like me
>>
>>70742343
>>70742394
>>70742485
>>70742540

This.

ENGL fag here, as sub-par as most people view John Green, its surprising how easy it is for idiots not to understand it. The one novel of his i read was Paper Towns and it seems like a pretty clear deconstruction of the "dream girl" or "pixie girl" trope.

The whole point is that he had projected her feelings for him the whole time, had become obsessed and deluded, and that he couldn't or wasn't going to get what he wanted in the end.

Its actually a more mature message that other young adult schlock.
>>
>>70742634
I think it's because she's kind of androgynous. That seems pretty big in the world of models

>this is my fetish
>>
>>70747009
>1/16th
that can not count
>>
>>70748278
Theoretically this's true, and I was impressed with the fact that he tried to deconstruct that unhealthy MPDG archetype when I read about Looking For Alaksa and Paper Towns.
Keyword there, though, is "about". When I actually tried to read Paper Towns, and as soon as I heard Green talk, it became abundantly clear that the guy hasn't learned the lessons he's preaching.
These books could say "Women are people like you. Don't fetishsize them and you'll get on fine. Some are good, some are shit, all of us mostly care about ourselves".
Instead, they say "Women are special and different, you are important and interesting, no one is ever in the wrong, except mean stupid Chad who only wants to do the sex and doesn't know feelings (and he has a small weewee anyways XD!!)"
Also, what's ENGL?
>>
I have a numale neckbeard pal, and he insists John Green is the pinnacle of writing. If he really does focus on being a fucking orbiter, then that explains that.
>>
>>70748595
Just the typical course code used for english courses.

inb4 "kek no job confirmed".

I enjoy it. I just find it funny that progressivism is so popular with the younger audience that John Green has that a large percentage don't get what he's even doing.

They read these books as part of the MPDG cliche rather than as a deconstruction, they seeing the elements that overlap but not the conclusive repurposing of them.

I miss /lit/ discussions now...
>>
>>70742343
I don't get the appeal of this fridge
>>
>>70748278
>ENGL fag

What?
>>
File: 1465566987442.jpg (583 KB, 1280x1920) Image search: [Google]
1465566987442.jpg
583 KB, 1280x1920
>>70749010
Why is /tv/ so tsundere for Cara, she's the next IT girl actress.

Roberts, Jlaw, Khaleesi etc have had their turn now it's hers
>>
>>70748987
Tell me about it, the only bad thing about Ulysses is how bad its meme status fucked that board.
Definitely agree about the point being missed, but I maintain that it's in part due to Green's own failure to avoid progressive pandering.
Also, guess that makes me ENGL too Now a novelist, those "lol no job" STEMvirgins can go cry about it
>>
>>70742540
What a whore
>>
>>70746316
You can have my upboat
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.