[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let me get this straight - at the end there was an actual baby
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: starchild-2001-space-odyssey.jpg (141 KB, 1169x684) Image search: [Google]
starchild-2001-space-odyssey.jpg
141 KB, 1169x684
Let me get this straight - at the end there was an actual baby floating in space?
>>
>>70741524

You saw the movie right? You get what happens when somebody touches the monolith right?
>>
File: Dave-Chappelle.jpg (1 MB, 1273x1800) Image search: [Google]
Dave-Chappelle.jpg
1 MB, 1273x1800
>>70741524
and the baby was like "IM SELLIN WEED, NIGGA"
>>
What even is space? really makes you think.
>>
File: Timmy_Turner.png (194 KB, 424x479) Image search: [Google]
Timmy_Turner.png
194 KB, 424x479
>>70741616
kek all the pretentious nonsense that comes along with people that like this movie. It was considered a boring drab of a movie when it was released, but hipster fags were all like muh symbolism, and suddenly the movie is praised by everyone.

I hate everyone that likes this movie because I'm bitch that can't accept other people liking what I don't like, so they can kill themselves because I sure as hell won't.
>>
>>70741743

This is what I don't get, are people not watching it and trying to figure what's going on?

Does everything have to be spoon fed?
>>
>>70741743
I can't tell what side you're on

at first you seem to be genuinely agreeing with him then you descend into what appears to be ironic self loathing. Are you having a stroke?
>>
>>70741844

Are you literally autistic?
>>
>>70741743
Am I the only one who gets annoyed by people analyzing """""Symbols"""""" in movies?
>>
redpill me on the space giant babby

is he really that big? why the fuck is it floating there staring at earth? is he going to grow up? the fuck is a starchild, anyway?
>>
>>70742048
It's Galactus. 2001 is actually a part of MCU.
>>
>>70741842
>are people not watching it and trying to figure what's going on

Bingo. You can't be surprised.
In every facet of life, most people sit around and wait for someone to tell them what happened or what's going on.

My pet theory is it has a lot to do with the very passive way children get an education (quietly sitting in a seat and waiting for someone to tell them what they should know). It's a horrible way to get "educated" if you think about it.
>>
>>70742048

Ok, so remember the first scene where the neandarthals touch the monolith and then they start using tools? this implies that touching the monolith causes some kind of 'evolutionary' speed up.

Now the doctor touches a monolith firstly near Jupiters ring which causes trippy shit and then transports him to a room where he can see different versions of himself across time Likely meaning he's no longer a 3 dimensional being fluid across time.

He then touches a another monolith at the foot of his bed and transforms into the starchild/fetus, now what comes after being a timeless being is difficult to say. Might represent god, another big bang, rebirth of life. point is he's ascended into something
>>
>>70742048
2deep4you propaganda.
er i mean think for yourself dont be another spoon fed sheeple hueheuhe.
>>
i dont think you guys actually watch movies here
>>
>>70742310
Only the latest blockbusting capeshit is allowed here
>>
2001 is pretentious horseshit.
>>
>>70741524
His perception of reality has greatly expanded.

Earth and all its problems seem very small to him now, he feels like a new man.
>>
>>70742525
how so
>>
>>70741844
That's basic literary analysis. I'm sure you did it in high school at some point
>>
>>70741524
That was Goku in his space pod before he crashed on the planet.
>>
That's a big baby.
>>
>>70743067
for me xD
>>
>>70741524
Please note how the baby was white.
N I G G E R S
I
G
G
E
R
S

B T F O
T
F
O
>>
>>70741616
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZxNbtb8tDA
Spoopy is what it is.
>>
>>70742258
if i remember in the book he becomes an observer being, he kinda travels around the universe checking shit out, and communicates with astronauts in the sequels
>>
I believe it's mean to represent him transcending into being a greater being. I think in the books it's mean to be pure energy with no body just a concuss and ability to travel through space and time as he please. Observing shit and being able to manipulate things without touch.Baby in fetus represents the same thing as the trippy scene previous but this time a re-birth rather than having all this knowledge.

Is the whole film about Computers being unable to self improve and become more without human help while humans can evolve and become greater, so computers will never truly rule over humans as long evolutions exists?
>>
>it's an electronic squealing noise scene
>>
>>70741616
Space is empty and dark and it's so cold.
>>
He evolved into a being called a "Starchild." If you care enough then read the book or watch the sequel.
>>
File: under_the_skin_us_poster.jpg (416 KB, 1382x2048) Image search: [Google]
under_the_skin_us_poster.jpg
416 KB, 1382x2048
>>70746016
>>70746265

So it's just a dumb sci-fi movie and people think is brilliant because it's very vague? Like Under the Skin? That's lame, I thought I just didn't get it.
>>
>>70746555
it's literally Pottery: The Movie people cum over the fact that the spaceship interiors sometimes have rectangles that look sort of like the monolith
>>
>>70746555
edgy
>>
>>70746555
>So it's just a dumb sci-fi movie and people think is brilliant because it's very vague?

Once again, if you actually give a shit enough you can pick up the book or watch the sequel. It's only vague if you don't discover for yourself.
>>
2001 is just an obscure shitty movie

90% didn't understand shit
10% think they understood something

JUST say it's a masterpiece to blend in, you will be seen as a retard if you say it's shit.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.