[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this movie failing so hard? It was actually really fun
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: keanu2.jpg (62 KB, 928x523) Image search: [Google]
keanu2.jpg
62 KB, 928x523
Why is this movie failing so hard? It was actually really fun

Is it because Hollywood only advertises and panders to chink markets now, and chinks don't like black people?
>>
>>70740075
wait, there is a movie out right now with pirate cats in it????
>>
>>70740075

Maybe it's just a bad movie with a stupid concept that shouldn't have been more than a 5 minute skit?
>>
File: CatBar640.jpg (60 KB, 640x325) Image search: [Google]
CatBar640.jpg
60 KB, 640x325
>>70740093
>/tv/ hates fun
Shouldn't you be in a capeshit/cloakshit thread JUST posting?
>>
>>70740075
I was really hoping it'd do well enough

Key and Peele are great, and not to mention very talented actors, I would've liked to see them do more movies and have more freedom creatively in future films after the success of this one

But I guess it's not so surprising, the big commercial appeal just wasn't there, comedically. The film, judging by trailers, seems to dwell on the whole biracial cultural dichotomy thing , which is some of their worst material on their show anyway.
>>
>>70740131

>muh fun

I hope that cat dies too.
>>
>>70740160
Go kinopost somewhere else.
>>
>>70740154

DUDE WHITE PEOPLE LMAO
>>
>>70740154
Very few of the actual jokes were like that. It's just the trailers playing up the easy cheap laughs like they always do.
>>
I haven't seen any advertisements for this outside of a poster I saw at the theater a month or two ago and a Comcast On Demand commercial.
>>
>>70740292
Why are you so insecure, /pol/? Key and Peele are whiter and more adjusted than 90% of this site.
>>
Saw it on opening night, kinda bummed me out when only like five people showed up but whatever.

Highly enjoyable and that cat is cute as shit goddamn.
>>
>>70740325
see
>>70740075
>Is it because Hollywood only advertises and panders to chink markets now

Enjoy the final years of American cinema while you still can. We China now.
>>
>>70740075

I don't think releasing it in the middle of Capeshit Wars 2016 did it any favors. This should have been a mid-January release.
>>
>>70740075
it was constantly being shoved down my face in ads on tv or twitch. i don't really watch their show or think that they could carry a movie. big surprise
>>
Hollywood can't afford to make these stupid movies anymore, and thank God. Once upon a time some stupid shit like this could only be supplied by a major motion picture, but the Internet now satisifies all the schlocky, crappy garbage anyone could ever want—from memes to cat videos to cutesy skits.

Key and Peele have a very limited following, and for good reason. They, like Tim and Eric, should be relegated to a low budget Youtube channel but somehow aren't.
>>
>>70740492
>Hollywood can't afford to make these stupid movies anymore, and thank God.
You're right.

We need more Transformers, Capeshit, Warcraft, and Fast and Furious movies. It's what our Chink overlords demand.

Creative and fun low-budget movies need to die so the memes can thrive.
>>
>>70740492
Are you kidding ? Tim and Eric's show is nowhere NEAR as successful as key and Peele. Nor as comedically talented. The stuff that key and Peele naturally go to isn't great, like their stand up. Or the corny black president shit. But they have a ton of very good sketches, and their commitment is outstanding.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.