[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why Superman deserved a Man of Steel 2 sequel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
I really like BvS but I agree with this article, Zack Snyder/WB should have took the time to develop Clark's character arc before jumping to his death/Justice League so quickly.

>http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/superman/39664/why-superman-deserved-a-man-of-steel-2

>By skipping from Man Of Steel to Batman V Superman, the story has to rush over the scenes that explore Superman as a beloved icon. We skip bewilderingly between moments where Superman is hailed a hero - such as the captivating Day of the Dead sequence - and those where he’s railed against for being a law unto himself. Where Man Of Steel had the time to build up Henry Cavill's Superman as a quiet, inward-looking yet ultimately decent person, Batman V Superman can only show brief glimpses of his humanity - leaving Cavill to either look vaguely noble or furious as the scenes require.
>>
>>70715821
BvS developed Clark. There's also a MoS sequel titled The Man of Tomorrow coming. Stop bitching about everything and writing petty clickbait shit.
>>
>>70716024

OP here.

Who's bitching? I read the article, agreed with some things, and decided to post here to see if anyone felt the same. If you don't like the thread, don't post in it.

Anyway... they're making a sequel? That's awesome!
>>
>>70715821

Me in the front
>>
File: radical-islam_and_USA-32.jpg (105 KB, 770x509) Image search: [Google]
radical-islam_and_USA-32.jpg
105 KB, 770x509
>>70715821
>I am your darkhaired arabian God
>Kal'El Akbar

we really got cucked since the Reagan era
>>
>>70715821
Man of Steel 2 Part II sequel
>>
>>70716500

LOL! Whoops, just noticed that. Kind of redundant, I know.
>>
zack snyder though
>>
>>70716024
>DCuck being this buttblasted about any kind of criticism
>>
>>70715821
Literally everybody knows who Superman is by now, we don't need full backstories.
>>
>>70715821
No shit. Diana and Bruce should have gotten their own movies first, but DC is trying to catch up to Marvel as fast as they can, shooting themselves in the foot in the process by not realizing the long build up is what made the mcu work.
>>
>>70718057

Not anymore we do.

I mean it's fine to do the origin again when it gets a major reboot for the first time in forever like Batman Begins which goes into greater lengths than the previous Batman films did, with that said yes we don't need to cover it again.

Man of Steel, it was fine since most audiences don't know much about Supes, with that said MOS was a POS.

I think the 2008 Incredible Hulk had the right idea where the intro of the film tells the origin in comic book format.

I hope future reboots will take to inspiration like that.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.