[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If they cut out almost all non-important Human scenes, replaced
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 4
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (70 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
70 KB, 1280x720
If they cut out almost all non-important Human scenes, replaced it with Orc, and added more Medivh as the ultimate defender of the Humans, it would have been an A+ grade movie.

Why did they focus so much on the Human side? I can't think of a single memorable scene from the Humans that didn't include Medivh. He was the only good part of it.
>>
Following existing lore.
>>
>>70715101
>Following existing lore.
Existing lore is orc based in the time the story in the movie takes place, since orcs capture Stormwind conquer Azeroth and lay siege upon Lordaeron in the tides of darkness.

I hope they show that bitch Griselda fucking with Turok and his ogres.
>>
Warcraft 1 is just a weak story. Wc2 is better and hopefully they don't fuck up the editing on the sequel.

There is potential but they really wanted to fuck it up and its noticeable.
>>
>>70714987

Yeah agree Op, I have a soft spot for powerful as fuck mages who walk a fine line between good and evil for whatever reason. I liked his character and thought Ben Foster was fine as him.

Just a shame we will never see Raistlin on the big screen
>>
How the fuck were normies supposed to understand what the hell happened to Medivh? I've played the games all my life so I know that he was possessed by Sargeras and that the figure in the Dalaran cube was most likely Aegwynn, his mother, but they didn't explain this. Just offered up some hocus pocus about him trying to control the fel and fortune cookie nonsense about darkness coming from light that sounded like that old chain e-mail about Albert Einstein.
>>
>>70716287
They felt they had to do some set up for sequels while also trying to maintain a self contained story incase sequels dont happen.
>>
>>70716501
>Dragonlance

mah nigga

I wonder if one day there will be /tv/ related Dragonlance material
>>
>>70714987

I don't think they even mentioned Medivh's connection to Sargeras or Gul'Dan, which made his turn at the end so much more confusing, all of a sudden the Fel consumes him and he's evil? Then he get's crushed by his own Golem and wakes up to save the day? Huh?
>>
>>70716669

The ending of the movie makes it pretty clear they're banking for sequels.
Gul'Dan is still alive, and Thrall is found by humans, Moses style.
>>
Medivh was great in this film, i knew he was corrupted in the game but i didnt know if they were gonna do it in this

cant wait for him to come back in the warcraft 3 film(s)
>>
I enjoyed the OPEN THE GATE scene with the guard.

Him looking at his hand thinking he casted polymorph made me laugh.

>>70717354
Oh yah and the fact that the lady in the box was his mom, right?

>I don't know. It's never done that before
>>
>>70714987
I never played wow, but have a question.
Who are the guys with glowing eyes from city on air?
>>
>>70718160
Kirin tor mages
>>
Was Khadgar canonically always stronger then Medivh?

That's what bugs me, because Medivh was always my favorite.

My one regret is never getting that awesome staff of his in vanilla wow.
>>
>>70718203
thank you
>>
>>70718160
fanfiction because they shouldn't be there.
>>
Medivh cheats, though.
>>
So Warcraft fags I never played a Warcraft game before. Does the first one still hold up?
>>
>>70718306
No...what makes you think he is?
>>
>>70714987
yeah the human and Garona stuff slowed it down and I don't care about Lothar's son.Way more emotion on the orc side for some reason.Probably because the way the movie handled the story...giving Durotan more to work with than Lothar. Not showing anyone really distraught over a death.
>>
>>70718542
Not really.

WC3 is amazing though, a must-play for any gamer.
>>
>>70718542
Warcraft 2 is worth playing IMO.

Warcraft 1 is a little more difficult since you can only select a max of 4 units at a time, micro becomes a little difficult. But once you get demons and water elementals, it becomes super easy.
>>
>>70716669
This.

>No Sequels Scenario: Garona influenced the politics of the orcs, per Llane's plan, leaving them to live more or less happily in the swamplands.

>Sequels Scenario: Stormwind is destroyed, Lordaeron is invaded, Gul'dan tries to get the power of the Tomb of Sargeras but dies.
>>
>>70718542
If you like classic RTS. W2 is much better though.

W3 is the one you choose to understand the current setting of the franchise.

All Warcrafts have amazing manuals that set up the lore in the game files, look them up. WC3 manual is stuff of gods.
>>
>>70714987
I'm sorry, I can never take the actor responsible for the Angel scene in X-men 3 seriously. He will forever be a grown child in my eyes.
>>
>>70718836
>Lothar's son
Obvious "gonna kill the previously non-existing character".

>Garona
Was based, come on. Really emotional ending, and she played off the human queen quite well too.
>>
>>70719525
>>70719421
>>70719076
Right I'll give those a go then.
>>
It was my impression to that the movie tried to convince us that orc woman scenes would evolve to friends or whatever
>>
>>70714987
It would have been a watchable flick, nothing more.
As of now, it's just horrible.
>>
The human scenes were awful, especially Medivh. Seriously, Medivh sucked, probably the worst portion of the movie. Shame for Foster, that script was just trash, plain and simple. Too many cooks syndrome.
>>
>>70720331
>Seriously, Medivh sucked, probably the worst portion of the movie.

That's a weird way to spell King Llane.
>>
>>70721561
>Implying
King Llane was based, the actor wasn't god but his character was based.
>>
>>70716501
>>70716737
I felt really cheated when it turns out Weiss/Hickman didn't have an explanation for what happened to Raistlin in the backstory that caused his appearance and tied into the plot somehow.
>>
>>70716501
How familiar are people with Dragonlance anyway? I don't think the books were a very big "hit" at their time.
But Dragonlance is GOAT fantasy tho.
>>
>>70722416
But they did give an explanation in Soulforge. It's been years since I've last touched the books, but I think I remember it.

During his test in the tower of highest sorcery, he collapsed and knew he would't be able to his test. So he made a deal with the spirit of Fistandantilus, and received the golden colored skin that gave him a very high resistance to magical attacks, allowing him to beat the dark elf mage. I think he always had the cough, but maybe he inhaled a fireball or something during the duel and it got even worse.
Then, after the test Par-Salian cursed him with the hourglass eyes, so he would feel more compassion as he had to see people age and die before his very eyes over and over.
>>
File: 1313123754571.png (43 KB, 346x256) Image search: [Google]
1313123754571.png
43 KB, 346x256
>Llane asked Garona to kill him
>Orgrim doesn't kill Blackhand
>Dalaran is floating
>Grom isn't green
>Kadgar doesn't get cursed into becoming an old man
>>
>>70714987
Problem isn't what is displayed, problem is execution

Even if they did what you said it would still require it being done well. Even a shitty premise can be executed perfectly and make a good movie
>>
>>70716638
Because he wasn't possessed by Sargeras, if you look at the source material, the book this movie was based off, it makes almost zero mention of the Burning Legion. These are supposed to be contained stories about people fighting for relatable goals like family and countrymen, the Burning Legion's origin story is complex and even Blizzard can't make up their fucking mind about what Sargeras is actually after.

With that being said, both the movie and the book it was adapted from suck ass as far as their story is concerned and focusing on fathers fighting for their children and kinsmen sounds like a good idea but gets bogged down almost immediately by thousands of questions neither the book or movie ever answered.
>>
should I watch this movie if I never played WoW, but play the shit out of hearthstone? I play mage a lot as jaina and my favorite card is ragnaros
>>
>>70718306

Staff of Atiesh...vanilla....k.
>>
It was a fun movie.
The director's cut will be ten times better.
>>
>>70718132
>Oh yah and the fact that the lady in the box was his mom, right?
Aegwynn is his mom, not Alodi.
>>
So who was that shadow lady?
>>
>>70724818
Alodi, the first guardian. Although it seems like they might be trying to merge Alodi with Aegwynn.
>>
>>70723265
grom was green tho
>>
>>70718432
fucking chess with full 10-man raid was either hilarious fun or soul-crushing failure. like how can niggas not know how to press 3 buttons?
>>
>>70725520
Damn that was a great encounter. Was an awesome feeling getting that done for the first time. Honestly still a pain in the ass solo if you get really unlucky cheats (unless they changed it to be even easier I haven't done that in ages).
>>
>>70718542

I'd start with Warcraft 3. The story is legitimately awesome so take your time and enjoy it.
>>
>>70716501
>>70716501
>>70716737

WAR. FAMINE. DEATH I SEE.
>>
>>70716501
There was a Dragonlance movie. It was trippy as fuck.
>>
>>70726965
it sucked
>>
File: dodongos.png (578 KB, 832x606) Image search: [Google]
dodongos.png
578 KB, 832x606
>>70727045

Fuck you, SQUADALA
>>
>>70723265
Grom was green. I really am wondering what the fuck they're going to do about the whole Orgrim thing, though.
>>
>>70724021
>implying WoW
Kill yourself.
>>
>>70719421
How do you even play WC2 now ? Is it still compatibile with Windows 10, isn't it a DOS game ?
Or are there ports/ROMs ? I checked ebay and the expansion pack for WC2 is like $70.
>>
>>70728294
The B.Net edition works with the latest windows.
>>
>>70728544
Ok cool.
As an avid fan of WCIII, should I bother trying to play 1,2 and WoW ?
I used to love III as a kid, played through the campaigns so many times.
>>
>>70728652
2 is still very fun to me. Try 1 with DOSbot if you really feel inclined, but it's not really like the other Warcrafts.

WoW is much different. Play the free trial and see if you like it.
>>
>>70716313
Wc1 is a great story there is just no happy ending other than we killed blackhabd who was a twat anyhow.
Wc2 and beyond r gona have elves so ya im hyped
>>
The WoW lore is massive, how would you even go about making a movie that's gonna appeal to the audience that isn't in their mid 20s who played the game?
>>
>>70723265
Its unavoidable that they cant mirror the books but those are not deal breckers for me.
>>
That lightning was some of the worst CGI I've seen in two decades, what the fuck
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.