[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Remakes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5
What /tv/ think about remakes? I'm going to watch the pic related picture, but i know that it's a remake of a swedish trilogy. Have you seen both? which one do you prefer? What do you think of remakes in general? Any favorite? Any to hate?
>>
>>70698936
Ive seen both. As an individual movie the english remake is better, but the swedish one has pretty good sequels so its a tough call
>>
>>70698936
The Swedish original is superior, both as a movie and as an adaptation of the novel. Remakes in general are unnecessary and bad ideas, but there are exceptions, like The Thing. Usually a remake works well if it's a rather different take on the same basic ideas, rather than something more like a copy (as the American version of Dragon tattoo is).
>>
File: 1464851314699.jpg (14 KB, 400x276) Image search: [Google]
1464851314699.jpg
14 KB, 400x276
Who the fuck though that a remake of Oldboy could possibly be a good idea?
>because of money
Ok, obviously. Sorry.
>>
Dragon Tattoo is not a remake, it's just another adaptation of the book.

Some remakes are great though, I love Sorcerer and PJ's King Kong.
>>
i liked them both, shame the americans didnt make a trilogy aswell. thats when the story actually gets rolling. first movie is really just a character introduction
>>
There will never be a new top gun.
You will never hear a rap over of danger zone as you watch Michael b Jordan open the film with some high speed maneuvers.

Where is my black wash of this classic? Tyler Perry should direct
>>
File: 68107.jpg (339 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
68107.jpg
339 KB, 800x600
>>70698936
Maniac was a good remake.
>>
>>70698936
I thought the remake was better, but both are really great.

The only other remake that I think is good is Let the Right One In. In that case, the original is far better but the remake stayed mostly true to the original and it turned out 'okay.'
>>
File: 1461393174356.gif (967 KB, 400x261) Image search: [Google]
1461393174356.gif
967 KB, 400x261
>>70701044
>>70701044
Please jump off a fucking bridge.

Top Gun should never be rebooted, especially with some Negroid as the lead.

You little shithead, twat, garbage muncher.
>>
>>70699335
but its actually a good remake anon
>>
It's a fucking good movie, gotta love Lisbeth
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.