[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TDKR > BvS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 15
File: image.jpg (829 KB, 1975x1482) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
829 KB, 1975x1482
If you actually think BvS is anywhere near the level of TDKR, I seriously implore you to kill yourself and take your awful taste with you.

TDKR
>better antagonist
>better score
>better set design
>fantastic practical effects
>great props
>a plot with far less plot holes
>much, much better established character motivations (more like existent motivations)
>grander and more epic score
>better dialog
>a script not written by a retard
>a infinitely better director
>better action set-pieces
>better story twists
>better acting (Hardy, Oldman)
>better Gotham
>better villain speeches
>much better understanding of Batman on a mental level

BvS
>better Batman fights..
>...
>>
File: image.gif (1015 KB, 500x209) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1015 KB, 500x209
bump
>>
>>70687992
Most of this is taste, but score and effects/scene staging was a lot better in TDKR.

Everyone knows this though, so what's your point.
>>
>not putting better memes
>>
>BvS was so bad its causing people to look back upon TDKR as not all that bad.

every day in every way everything gets worse and worse.
>>
Neither is all that great imo. Run of the mill comic book action, especially BVS. But I can remember what happened in TDKR despite having seen it years ago. BVS was pretty forgettable for me with the exception of fat looking batman and some thrown in cameos of other heroes. And oh good god, the pacing in that movie...
>>
>>70687992
The only thing BvS has on TDKR is a better Batman, but thats kind of enough to make a compelling argument. Nolans is hard to watch after seeing Snyder. It's like going from a WWE fight to a youth wrestling match. Even if the youth wrestling match is real and makes more sense, the WWE is just more fun to watch. Keep in mind, I'm specifically talking about Batman, not the movie as a whole.
>>
>>70689651
TDKR Batman wasn't so bad.
>>
>>70689651
Why does it have to be a youth wrestling match?
>>
>>70687992
>>
File: 1376195795194.jpg (20 KB, 334x393) Image search: [Google]
1376195795194.jpg
20 KB, 334x393
>>70688849
>effects/scene staging was a lot better in TDKR
Uhhh
>>
>>70687992
>better director
>Christopher "3 takes are more than enough" Nolan
>>
File: 1461968349420.gif (3 MB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
1461968349420.gif
3 MB, 300x200
>>70687992
>a script not written by a retard

>I am Batman I have a broken leg and can never fight again
>Lol jk let me just put on this magical brace that lets me kick through concrete. I guess this technology wasn't around before.

>My back is fucking broken I will be lucky to ever walk again
>Lol jk let me just let some middle eastern stranger punch me in the spine until I'm ready to go

Citation needed, friend.
>>
>>70689716
No he wasn't, he just wasn't that good either. The fight scenes were very 'meh', kind of too realistic. Got his ass kicked too many times for my taste. BvS was jacked and literally throwing people with punches. Was much more like the actual character to me, not that Nolans take was bad by any means.
>>70689739
because olympic wrestling would be giving the nolan batman too much credit in comparison
>>
File: 1464250505982.png (4 KB, 375x237) Image search: [Google]
1464250505982.png
4 KB, 375x237
>>70687992
>makes tdkr thread that won't get immediately deleted by faggot mods

was it part of your plan?
>>
>>70687992
Obviously. BvS is a great movie, but TDKR is an amazing movie.
>>
>>70687992
I preferred the score, world creation, and morality of BvS over TDKR.
>>
>>70689797
In what fucking universe is it not?

>>70689862
>citations for opinions

>>70690032
yikes
>>
File: 1458998653893.gif (3 MB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
1458998653893.gif
3 MB, 300x225
>>70687992
Thinking TDKR was good

>Better villain
Memes aside, Bane was a shit villain. Turns out he wasn't even the main villain, and then he gets shot by Catwoman and dies. Bane is supposed to be a physically imposing presence, yet all the low angles in the world couldn't convince me that Bane was a big guy. Also Nolan can't direct a fight sequence to save his fucking life... so really Bane was a failure all around. The best thing to come out of him was Baneposting.

>Better score
Actually found it pretty forgettable. That's a taste thing, though.

>Better set design
Weirdly specific but I thought the sets in BvS were vastly superior. The Batcave was was more interesting in BvS. If you prefer le dark watery memecave from TDKR though then go ahead.

>fantastic practical effects
I'll give you this, but only for the opening scene. The plane stunt was pretty incredible. Everything else was pretty shit, dood. What other practicals were there?

>Great props
What?

>A plot with far less plot holes
Ok so how did Batman get back to Gotham and sneak in? Ok so why did every single policeman in the fucking city go into a tunnel at the same time?

>grander and much more epic score
Not really. Better or not, the BvS score was definitely "grander"

>Better dialogue
For you.

>A script not written by a retard
Goyer is full on retarded.

>Infinitely better director. Of actors, yes. Of action, hell fucking no.

>Better action set pieces
Not at all. Opening scene is all TDKR has going for it in that department. The final fight between the cops and Bane's mercs is a fucking travesty.

>Better story twists
Holy shit not at all. OH NO THERE'S A MYSTERIOUS PERSON PULLING THE STRINGS FROM BEHIND THE SHADOWS!!1 WHO COULD IT BE? DEFINITELY NOT THIS CHARACTER WE'VE ONLY JUST INTRODUCED NAMED MIRANDA TATE DEFINITELY NOT

>better acting
For sure.

>better Gotham
Didn't see enough Gotham in BvS to judge. I want to see director's cut. Nolan Gotham is boring as all fuck though
>>
>>70690119
Those aren't opinions, friendo.
Care to explain how those aspects of the plot are NOT retarded? I'll wait.
>>
>>70690119
TDKR was filled with tons of flubs and fuckups, but nolan wanted that shit done in one shot, so he didn't care.

it looked okay in some stills, but in motion basically everything about TDKR was completely god-awful.

Of course trying to determine if snyder's movies are any better is trying to determine which particular type of pimple is superior by the taste of the puss.
>>
>>70687992
BvS>>>>Nolan trilogy
not debatable
>>
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 389x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 389x500
>>70690328
>>
Nolan babbies pls go.
There's nothing remarkable about that trilogy besides a dead actor.
>>
File: 1378699388072.gif (436 KB, 316x316) Image search: [Google]
1378699388072.gif
436 KB, 316x316
>>70690328
>>
>>70690161
Lex was awful

BvS was all green screen

Bane's Mask

Those are left out, not plot holes. You don't need every little irrelevant detail explained. He's fucking batman.

"DO YOU BLEED"

Nolan wrote the script.

Snyder can't make action without shitty slo-mo
>>
File: 1429284772539926.jpg (19 KB, 300x279) Image search: [Google]
1429284772539926.jpg
19 KB, 300x279
Snyder’s thrillingly intelligent use of interior conflict and political antagonism vastly outclasses Christopher Nolan’s Batman trilogy: Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, and The Dark Knight Rises — all noxious — which were bellwethers of our culture’s decline.

It takes just such dreamlike moral clarity to reprove the Nolan trilogy’s chaos.

Fanboys prefer the Nolan films for their “darkness,” which emphasized the sophomoric, pseudo-tragic elements of the Batman graphic novels. But Snyder’s more adult treatment finds the material’s emotional core. This displeases the fanboy/hipster whose adolescent embarrassment about feelings was exploited through Nolan’s emotionless violence and post–9/11 nihilism. Snyder counters that cultural crisis and (through the script by Chris Terrio and David S. Goyer) visualizes the millennial moral struggle as pop myth. His essential subject is mankind’s struggle to discover compassion as well as common obligation — or dare I use the non-political term: brotherhood?

The pain of post–9/11 as reflected in Nolan’s Batman films was a paradigm shift. But fantasy cannot conscientiously be enjoyed Nolan’s way, without any sense of social, historical, or moral consequence. Snyder manipulates this new paradigm so that mankind’s sense of mortality is embodied by Batman, Superman, and their arch-nemesis, Lex Luthor. (All three characterization performances are, well, perfect.)
>>
>>70691878
>>70691754
Great refutation memers
>>
BvS is one of the worst superhero movies ever made.

TDKR was mediocre.

So yes, it's better, but that's hardly something to brag about.
>>
File: image.gif (664 KB, 253x200) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
664 KB, 253x200
>>70691902
He liked:

>Grown Ups
>Jonah Hex
>G.I. Joe
>G.I. Joe 2
>Battle: Los Angeles
>The Green Hornet
>Clash of the Titans
>Indiana Jones 4
>Transformers 2
>Death Race
>Fantastic Four: Rise of Silver Surfer
>I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry
>Takers
>Taken
>Transporter 3
>Resident Evil: Afterlife
>Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

He disliked:
>The Tree of Life
>There Will Be Blood
>Black Swan
>The Social Network
>Tangled
>The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
>The Road
>The King's Speech
>Synecdoche, New York
>Speed Racer
>Transformers
>Toy Story 3
>Eastern Promises
>Stardust
>The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
>Uncle Boonmee Who Can Recall His Past Lives
>Tales from the Golden Age
>Let Me In
>All Marvel movies
>The Dark Knight
>Mother
>The Hurt Locker
>Blue Valentine
>Up
>Hellboy 2

He also compared Hannah to Kick-Ass because they both have a young female character, thinks I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry is a modern classic, thinks Live Free or Die Hard is the best Die Hard, compared The Road to Resident Evil, thinks Clash of the Titans is better than the LOTR Trilogy, prefers Transformers 2 to Transformers, and thinks CJ7 is deeper and more profound than There Will Be Blood.
>>
File: photo.jpg.png (813 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg.png
813 KB, 900x900
Bane?
>>
TDKR is shit but its memes are clouding your judgement.
BvS is kino, period.
>>
>>70688915
TDKR was never that bad. It was just shit on for not being TDK level like people always do after masterpieces. They set unrealistic expectations for sequels. TDKR was still a good movie in it's own right.
>>
>>70691902

Fanboys projecting emotional weight into a film that does not have it is like the man child version of believing in Santa Claus ...

TDKR sucked... But BB was really good and TDK was great... They didn't over do the "muh emotional dark weight and alagory." The theme and arc were genuinely fresh and TDK was masterful on the shoulders of Ledger... Even Batman's extradition from Hong Kong scene was good. The practical location shots for all of the films left you emmersed.

I watched BVS three times so far. The conclusion I've come to: it's a toy seller. That's it. I could not get into it. Could not find an emotional connection to any character... And look! COOL ICONS THAT TELL ME WHO THE FUTURE JUSTICE LEAGUE CHARACTERS ARE!

If I wanted some stupid shit like that, I'd be watching Marvel shit.

God the flick was so bad that words cannot describe it.

It was so bad that I couldn't even enjoy one , if not the greatest portrayal of Batman in live action...
>>
File: image.jpg (626 KB, 1111x1021) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
626 KB, 1111x1021
>>70692326
>>
>>70690161
>What other practicals were there?
Batwing, Batpod, several tumblers rolling around, lights going out in the tunnel, Batman standing on high things.

Pretty much the only CGI they used was for explosions and Catwoman on the bike.
>>
>>70689797
How was it not?
>>
File: 1465252668031.jpg (23 KB, 601x508) Image search: [Google]
1465252668031.jpg
23 KB, 601x508
>>70688915
A little more
Every day
Falls apart
Slips away
I don't mind
I'm okay
Nothing ever
Stays the same
>>
BRAVO NOLAN
Never change plebs
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.