[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best of the three in your opinion and why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: Cornetto.jpg (200 KB, 1280x640) Image search: [Google]
Cornetto.jpg
200 KB, 1280x640
What's the best of the three in your opinion and why?
>>
>>70681189
Hot Fuzz
Best jokes
Best action
Most quotable
>>
none of them. the thing is these movies are considered unfunny trash in britain
you, the american, only find them funny because of the zany accents and lingo
spaced/shaun of dead/hot fuzz/worlds end are to britain what big mama's house is to america and viced-versa
>>
>>70681240
You're getting quicker
>>
>>70681240
So you're saying brits find big mama's house funny?
>>
Fuzz>Shaun>World's
>>
>>70681189
Hot Fuzz because it has the most unique set-up and the best writing.
>>
The World's End is the best
>>
>>70681240
Then shut the fuck up, leave and let the non-english people with inferior sense of humor discuss
>>
>>70681189
Hot Fuzz by far.

The editing, writing, jokes and storyline are all far better than the other two. Nick Frost is just lovable, too.

The World's End fell to shit after the third act, and Shaun of the Dead wasn't that funny.
>>
>>70681189
Pre-robots (:^)) TWE > Hot Fuzz > Shaun of the Dead > Robots TWE
>>
>>70681665
This
>>
>>70681189

Shaun of the Dead is best but Hot Fuzz has best rewatchability.

World's End was terrible and uncomfortable.
>>
>>70681189
Fuzz has the most original concept, and Simon Skinner is one of the greatest villains in cinema. It's also the comfiest by a landslide.

End of the world gets alot of flak. My main complaint is that Simon Pegg just isn't believable as the slob main character. Nick Frost plays the slob so well because I have on good authority that he is in fact a weed smoking slob in real life.
>>
>>70681231
>A BIG BUSHY BEARD
>>
>>70682794
Morning angle
>>
>>70681240
Britain likes Big Mama's house... really???

How is a crossdressing man anything like this?

Martin Lawrence didn't write those movies either...
>>
>>70681240
>Britain
>that island has anything to do with movies
>dr. who?
>>
>>70682092
Simon Pegg is such a straight edge dude, that him in Mission Impossible is about the sloppiest he gets. Happy he won tickets to the opera, by himself while playing Halo5 at work.

If he's not an alpha type, Then tom cruise is magic.
>>
Hot Fuzz just because it's a true story and brought awareness to why European murder rates are so low. It's scary just researching and finding reports of men fished out of lakes with stab wounds and men found suffocated to death all as "accidental deaths".
>>
>>70683024
>implying Shaun wasnt a true story
>>
File: The-Worlds-End-Blanks[1].jpg (191 KB, 658x370) Image search: [Google]
The-Worlds-End-Blanks[1].jpg
191 KB, 658x370
I loved everything about The World's End. The humor, the action, the feels, it all just worked so great. I'll never get why everyone thinks it's the worst.
>>
Fuzz > Shaun > End
There's a big quality drop between them too. Shaun was nice but it's a very casual easy viewing movie. The jokes are just missing something. They're not bad but rarely get a chuckle. The story lacks too.

Fuzz is a masterclass in film making. 10/10 all day.

End wasnt as wastchable as Shaun, the end is a weird turn, and the jokes are 10% great 40% shit and 50% absent.
>>
>>70681189
Hot Fuzz was the best.
The World's End made me rethink my life decisions as Pegg's character hit way too close to home.
Shaun of the Dead was the tits when I first saw it, it doesn't have much to offer on repeated viewings tho.
>>
Hot fuzz

>you're off the fucking chain!
>>
>>70683265
>did you say cool off?
>>
CRUSTY JUGGLERS
>>
>>70681189
Fuzz>Shaun>>>>>>Paul>>>>>>World
>>
Hot Fuzz obviously

>>70683191

pacing was shit imo, and the ending was forced. It's still a good film, but I'd say it's the worst

Pegg's character was good though, the idea of being a loser compared to your successful friends
>>
File: 1465252258859.jpg (6 KB, 155x178) Image search: [Google]
1465252258859.jpg
6 KB, 155x178
>>70683333
Fuzz wins
>>
hot fuzz
>>
shaun>fuzz>>>>>>>world
>>
>>70683191
It hits a little close too home for some people and the ending is really dark, in the kinda depressing way.
>>
>>70681189
Hot Fuzz is unironically a top 10 comedy movie of all time.
>>
>>70683379
>unironically
Why is that necessary to your statement? In what way could that possibly be interpreted as being ironic?
>>
>>70681240
Ok
>>
>>70681189
Shaun = Fuzz >>>> World's End

I never really liked World's End. Just never clicked with me.
>>
File: tvinanutshell.jpg (46 KB, 1295x255) Image search: [Google]
tvinanutshell.jpg
46 KB, 1295x255
>>
>>70681240
Thats an overstatement.

But I agree with it.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.