[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone in movie theater business? I just got called by the movie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: crab people.png (222 KB, 300x412) Image search: [Google]
crab people.png
222 KB, 300x412
Anyone in movie theater business?
I just got called by the movie theater I applied for, and they said I was hired, and since during the interview I said i was kinda a /g/ guy they said they want to train me to be a projectionist, I will also work the cash register depending on the situation, what can I expect?

>inb4 memes
>>
congratulations on landing the job!
>>
Thanks for the crab legs chocolate man
>>
>>70677272
I imagine being a projectionist in the digital age is about as difficult as pushing a button. As for the register, when someone asks for butter on their popcorn LAYER IT and DRENCH IT. We all want a fuckton of butter topping but we don't want to sound like fat slobs.
>>
>>70677307

I'm an euro so no abominations like popcorn butter here
>>
You can expect an easy ass job. Working register is really easy, I've done it before. Being a projectionist also doesn't sound too bad considering you'll probably be alone most of the time. Also you get a crab leg discount.
>>
Congrats OP. Three of my friends used to work the theater, they loved it. Apparently it's a job you can put as much or as less effort into as you like, it can be very slack at times but also very demanding.

Digital projection is easy, if you have old-school film rolls in your theater you have to be really fucking careful not to cut yourself since those things are sharp, but it's probably cool.

You may be allowed private screenings of old movies after closing time, went to tons of those. Just you and a couple of mates kicking it back with a classic. Or you could bring a grl. If you have no friends or grl it's a great way to get some.

I can imagine it's pretty soul-crushing trying to convince some pleb single mom to buy tickets for shitty fucking films, but you get paid for it, so don't let it get to you. Best of luck man.
>>
Hey OP enjoy cleaning up my spilled coke and popcorn (with extra butter)
>>
>>70677272
Currently working at a cinema and its pretty great! We have mostly international customers since we only show movies with original audio tracks and are outside of the anglophone world so they tend to be more lenient and less stress since most of them are on vacation or expats.

I have no experience as a projectionist but just working there is great. Cleaning up the room after a screening really isnt even that bad since its mostly spilled popcorn that is easily swept away. Spilled drinks are rare and even if they happen, we are not expected to fully clean them up since we have a cleaning staff sweeping through the building once a week. Same goes for toilets and I assume it will be the same for you.
>>
>>70677272
Since you have a job now, does this mean you're going to stop cunny posting???
>>
>>70679356
No. That's my job.
>>
Congrats man, take it seriously and make friends.
>>
>>70677272
Bro I just got a job at a theater too, local indie place.

Pretty fuckin' hype desu
>>
>>70677335
hahahahaha fucking loser working in a theatre

stay in uni kids
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.