[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Worth it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
File: hellraiser Cenobytes.jpg (50 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
hellraiser Cenobytes.jpg
50 KB, 600x300
I have seen Hellraiser 1&2 and thought they werent good despite people saying they are essential for horror fans.

Are those two the best ones or the others make up for it?

And before you pull the "these days kids" card The Thing, JAWS, Alien are few of my favorite horror movies.
>>
Jesus fucking christ
>>
Don't bother, they only get worse
>>
Kids these days sure love sucking cum out of dicks.
>>
File: you-wot.jpg (84 KB, 300x399) Image search: [Google]
you-wot.jpg
84 KB, 300x399
Unbelievable.
>>
I went into Hellraiser 1 expecting a very good film and got a completely mediocre horror flick.

seriously, the hellraisers are in the movie for like 10 minutes total, and everything inbetween is completely uninteresting with subpar actors and unnatural dialogue. I was pretty disappointed
>>
>>70667953
Welcome to Horror movies, since CGI came around graphics had gotten better.
>>
If you saw the first two as too minimal and moody or something, the others continously get sillier and more absurd so you might enjoy them

But they're shit movies so, your choice i guess
>>
File: jennifer.jpg (7 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
jennifer.jpg
7 KB, 275x183
>>70667953
The hellraisers
>>
Out of the horror series like Nightmare on Elm Street or Halloween, Hellraiser probably had the worst run.
>>
>>70668019
Just like us
>>
>>70667977
I didn't even think the effects in the movie were bad. They were the best part imo and wanted more, but was even disappointed in that aspect.

>>70668019
yea I forgot what they're called and not interested enough to google it.
>>
>>70667953
yeah srsly...why didn't Uncle Frank just use his cellie to order whores to his attic and why didn't he just Google Lemarchand's Box tbqhfamalamadingdong
>>
>>70667985

This. If your problem is the lack of Cenobyte screen time, the third film rectifies that by becoming complete schlock and turning them into slasher villains.

Though the fifth movie deserves honorable mention because it's basically an original psychological thriller with a Pinhead cameo. And it's substantially better than every other sequel in the franchise.
>>
>>70667985

This. If your problem is the lack of Cenobyte screen time, the third film rectifies that by becoming complete schlock and turning them into slasher villains.

Though the fifth movie deserves honorable mention because it's basically an original psychological thriller with a Pinhead cameo. And it's substantially better than every other sequel in the franchise.
>>
File: hellraiser reboot.webm (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
hellraiser reboot.webm
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>70668138
>>70668135

Shit, I broke /tv/.
>>
>>70666799
If you think you would enjoy Pinhead acting like a Freddy Kruger ripoff you can watch the next two
>>
>>70667641
>not quite
>>
>>70666799
Other sequels are shit.
I like only the one about detective in some kind of loop.
>>
>>70666799

I also made the mistake of thinking the original Helraiser was about Pinhead. It definitely isn't. However, I find that there's a lot to enjoy regardless of seemingly false advertising. If you want Pinhead, I'd say go for the 3rd and 4th movies. By no means are they good, but you'll be satisfied seeing Pinhead chase someone, since he doesn't do that in the first 2. I'd also recommend staying away from Deader, Hellworld and Revelations.
>>
>>70666799
The 3 has some strong scene of horror, but gives nothing more to the story, except a milking of the franchise. 6/10 it's ok.

Hellraiser Inferno is interesting. You need to watch 1&2 first to appreciate it. A bit different from Clive Barker's work, but not as bad as the other sequels.

Avoid "Deader" and "Hellworld" at all cost.

There is a comic greenlighted by Barker that's true to the original story, and could have been a great material for a solid sequel. Pirate somewhere, true to the lore and some good plots/twists.

Also find "Lord of Illusions", starring Scott Bakula himself.

>>70667953
It's the cenobites.

>>70667977
Except Hellraiser is the prime example of practical effects over CGI.

>>70667985
This

>>70668128
>cellie
>19 fucking 87
>>
>>70668252
I understood that reference.

>>70668384
>Revelations
Fuck, I forgot about this one. No surprise.
>>
Why does Frank turn into a Chinese
>>
>>70666799
>pretending to be retarded

I'mma nominate you for a Golden Globe.
>>
>>70667701
well if he hates the first two, he may actually like the shit tier nine times removed sequels. ive come to realize that some people are just from bizarro world
>>
>>70666799
The Cenobites look cool but the movies are average at best. And they do get worse. Pinhead tossing sewer lids at people. Pinhead in outer space for fuck's sake.

I'd recommend reading The Hellbound Heart novella that became Hellraiser the movie. It's so much better than the film. The yellow tracer effects at the end of Hellraiser made me cringe also.
Hellbound: Hellraiser 2 was a step-up because the gore is some of the finest I've ever seen in a horror film period and the special effects were better but that blonde bimbo (a poor woman's patricia arquette) was annoying as fuck.
>>
What percent of this thread is trolling? what percent is legit?
>>
>>70669798
THE AUTHOR WROTE AND DIRECTED HELL RAISER, HE KNEW WHAT HE WAS DOING
>>
>>70670058

Of the opinions on the Hellraiser films?

>Hellraiser
Most consider this a classic in the horror genre.
>Hellraiser II
Fans of Hellraiser seem to universally like this one. To an outsider, it'd probably suck.
>Hellraiser III
This one gets a lot of shit from both fans and critics, but I enjoyed it. Not as much as the first, though. You get a lot of Pinhead here. Maybe a bit too much.
>Hellraiser IV
Mediocre all around, but worth a watch if you enjoyed the 3rd.
>Inferno
People seem to enjoy this one. Don't expect much Hellraiser, though. It was an unrelated horror script that Dimension turned into a Hellraiser sequel. Why? I don't know.
>Hellseeker
This one has the return of Kirsty, which I liked. Not too bad, but a bit bland.
>Deader
Has a somewhat interesting idea, but I couldn't recommend it to anyone other than die-hard Hellraiser fans.
>Hellworld
Quite ridiculous all around and just not very good.
>Revelations
Complete garbage. It's like if Hellraiser was both a V/H/S segment and an edgy ABC family drama.
>>
File: Hank angry.jpg (77 KB, 713x661) Image search: [Google]
Hank angry.jpg
77 KB, 713x661
>>70666799
>I have seen Hellraiser 1&2 and thought they werent good

Congrats OP, you've rustled my jimmies.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.