[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>introduced based character >based actor >for once a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 7
File: vlcsnap-2016-06-07-00h31m16s105.png (943 KB, 1280x718) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-06-07-00h31m16s105.png
943 KB, 1280x718
>introduced based character
>based actor
>for once a non edgy character
>dies in one episode
what the fuck are they even doing
>>
>>70653210
>"dude all religons are cool with me"
>"dude I slit a boys throat hahaha"

yeah, naw, he's an edgelord. glad he's dead.
>>
>good guys are hippie who litterally live in the Shire
could they be even more obvious?
>>
>>70653210
>heard he was gonna be in GoT
>get really excited, never been this happy about something relating to GoT in years
>kill him off in one episode

Gee. Thanks. Can't wait to hear more about how Flappy Tits will fuck things up again instead.
>>
>>70653210

BLOODY COCKSUCKERS
>>
>>70653210
This whole thing proves that they keep getting wrong the style and tone of the books. They're not abour LOL PEOPLE DIE EPIC. They've bought the most retarded of understanding the show, and it's wrong.

There was no need to kill them. If they wanted to progress the Hound's character they could have made him be a hero and defend the village. I thought that was what would happen. But no, LOL THIS SHOW IS SO REALISTIC LMAO.
>>
>>70653311
>tfw that was pretty much the only moment I've felt genuinely cozy and happy about something in the series

Like in all the muddy grimdark edge stuff they found something to shine some light through the dark, rape filled clouds. But nope, can't have that. Let's cut up some more peasants.
>>
File: 1465328115908.jpg (32 KB, 557x612) Image search: [Google]
1465328115908.jpg
32 KB, 557x612
>mfw Cleganebowl was confirmed as a show exclusive plotline

Bookfags btfo.
>>
>>70653210
i think he was supposed to bring pathos to the hound's arch or something. now el hound is pumped and double down in dehumanize himself and face 2 blodsheed. or is it
>>
>>70653210
It takes a based character's death to inspire the most based of characters.
>>
Is it just me, or did the whole Clegane story arc in the episode remind of LOST?
>>
>>70653401
Now you know how Sandor himself feels.
>>
>brotherhood without banners formed in the midst of a war that left many villagers' homes pillaged and families ravaged
>start murdering villagers

it's like sand snakes 2.0
>>
>cast based Mcshane
>a man known for doing excellent monologues
>don't have him do the broken man speech and instead have him basically say "I did some soldiering" and ramble about religion

DABID
>>
>>70653210
>>for once a non edgy character
Did you really listen to his lines?
>>
>>70653483
Could be that they were just common thieves using that name to get food or money easier.
But then again, it's D&D we are talking about so it probably wasn't.
>>
>>70653472
it's the way the story was shot I think
>episode is about knowing the backstory of some dude
>ends up on epic clifhanger
>>
what were they building in this episode?
>>
>>70653210
HE should've been Ned Stark!
>>
>>70653548
It was lem lemoncloak but they probably changed that to lime limecloak.
>>
>>70653566
A sept.
>>
>>70653210
>tfw you will never hang out at the Gem, drinking whiskey shots and swearing at whores and chink cocksuckers
>>
Daily Reminder that Ian McShane is 73 (SEVENTY THREE)
>>
>>70653530
The big difference being he advocated for how bad it is.

Why is everyone in Westeros a fucking psychopath? Like, Christ. It's like they are living in modern day Detroit or something. If this was the real world there would be constant peasant rebellions since the entire fucking land seems to be completely lawless.
>>
File: ledubs.gif (128 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
ledubs.gif
128 KB, 160x160
>>70653333
>>
>>70653423
>shitposters confirmed /tv/ not /lit/

What went wrong with /tv/?
>>
>cut the broken men speech, often considered the best bit of prose GRRM wrote
They'll probably give it to Dink so everyone can jack off about Tyrone again.

Did they cut sunset finding Dany squatting in the grass, though?
>>
>>70653621
>tfw you will never bro it up with Merrick and that Russian dude while Al pours you some whiskey and talk about a new whore he's bringing in
>>
>>70653623
how the fuck
>>
>>70653607

You stole my bit but I'll allow it. Let's us inform the masses of Lime Limecloak, deranged brother of Lem Lemoncloak together my friend.
>>
>>70653483
For all we know, Brother Ray could have been a Frey/Lannister soldier or they recognized the Hound.

Murdering a bunch of innocents for a cursory relationship with the Hound sounds like something Stoneheart's Brotherhood would do

shut the fuck and let me believe
>>
>>70653666

Yeah, they cut the squat.
>>
>>70653210
Blackfish is also going to die likely next ep. D&D can't stand having good veteran actors around it seems.
>>
>>70653675
>that awkward feeling when Tim "Seth" comes in and you expect trouble.
>that elated feeling when you, Seth, Al and the rest of the bar enjoy a shot together after running some shitheel out of town instead of bickering

>tfw ywn experience this
>>
>>70653483
could it be that the freys/lannisters/whositwhats are conscripting men to PRETEND to be the BWB to piss off the commonfolk and turn them against the real deal?
>>
>>70653776
>What is "Dumb conclusions from bad context clue comprehension" for $400, Alex?
>>
>>70653769
REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>70653776
It's been leaked that Jaime storms Riverrun and Blackfish dies in the assault while Brienne gets away.

>DABID W-WHAT IF WE TAKE JAIME BECOMING A BETTER MAN AND RESOLVING SITUATIONS THROUGH DIPLOMACY AND GET RID OF THAT AND STILL HAVE HIM SHIT ON HONOR AND OATHS AND HAVE HIM STILL BE MADLY IN LOVE WITH CERSEI

They fucking ruined him.
>>
File: 1461429125619.png (62 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1461429125619.png
62 KB, 645x773
>>70653871
>tfw you will never go on a perambulation with all the lads of the town discussing what to do with those cocksuckers in Yankton

Why even live?
>>
>>70654012
>revealing a white male rapist as the villain he is

Sounds writing by DnD.
>>
>>70654023
>you will NEVER band together to stop that coward that killed Wild Bill
>you will never drink to his memory

Why do we even try anon?
>>
>>70653210
>what the fuck are they doing
Trying to make it seem like game of thrones is still a brutal, merciless series where any character can die at any time, to distract from all the plot armour they're laying on their favourite characters.
>>
>all of these literal retards thinking ian mcshane would agree to more than one episode of got

i didnt know this board was so dumb

WAHHHH MUH FAVRIT CHARACTER DIED :'""(
>>
>>70654048
He's gay so it won't be recieved as positively as Stannis "When the time is dire put my daughter on the fire" Baratheon or Robert "I see my son torturing cats, should have killed him before he left the snatch" Baratheon
>>
>>70653472

The location looked like The Island and it all had the vibe of the Richard Alpert flashback episode.
>>
>>70653566
>>70653617

Speaking to the "Lost vibe", I thought it was a flashback of people building the Tower of Joy at first.
>>
>>70653210
>introduced based character

let me stop you right there. No.
>>
>>70654048
>be gifted the GOAT fantasy character
>completely fuck up his arc

Jaime was supposed to become a better man. A man that stopped being quick to act and instead think before doing so. That was the whole point of removing his hand. It forced him to stop relying on fighting and to use other methods such as diplomacy. Jaime was supposed to grow to loath Cersei after she cucked him all throughout his life while he stayed loyal and to see her as a mad woman. All he should be wanting to do is just serve the relm as a good knight and be goldenhand the just trying to right all the wrongs that he has committed. DnD fucked him over and he hasn't grown at all since season 3. Removing the lines he said to Tyrion about Tysha changed everything for the worse and stunted his growth.
>>
>>70654317
Same can be said of Tyrone, who has been nothing but a fucking stale quip machine because god forbid a fan favorite develop into an asshole. Fuck DnD.
>>
>>70653311
It was as stupid as the POTATOES scene.
>>
>>70653210
>>70653333
>>70653392
>>70653483
>>70653513

Fuck off pathetic whining cunts.

The beta brigade will literally whine about anything when it comes to this show.
>>
File: 1457059725250.jpg (99 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1457059725250.jpg
99 KB, 700x700
>game of thrones is memes tier since 2012
>>
>>70654466

Dubs of truth

Whiners BTFO
>>
>>70654374
Yeah I wasn't a big fan of Tyrion chapters in ADWD probably because there were way too many of them but it was still far better than him just being a quipping machine. I actually liked his descent into darkness and how he started to become darker shade of grey while Jaime is now a relatively light shade. DnD gutted Tyrion complexity and white washed him which ruined his character. He never murdered the singer and they even changed him killing Shae to self defense. That's not to say there aren't characters that I find are better on the show, for example I find show Tywin and Joffery to be better than their book counterparts but it's just sad knowing what could have been.
>>
They probably never planned it and then in the middle of shooting and the ancient jewlust to shed blood hit them hard and then just couldn't resist killing everyone and were like let's kill them now and then work it in the story somehow.
>>
>>70653483

That's what I wanted to believe, but I doubted it given how retarded D&D assumes their audience is. The fact that the Red God music started playing confirmed their intent.
>>
>>70653210
We really did not need to be spoon fed the explanation of how he found the hound and how the hound was injured. This guy seemed more like a narrator than a character at the start.
>>
>>70654722
Yeah. When watching this show you have to take into account they do their best not to confuse people.

I'm guessing BWB are The Mummers now because the latter pretending to be BWB is too confusing for showfags.
>>
>>70653333
EMILIA HAS GREAT BREASTS FUCK OFF.
>>
>>70654722
>>70654830
>>70654893

See >>70654126 and >>70654466
>>
Watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ek2O6bVAIQQ

He nails the show perfectly and calls them completely botching the "broken man" speech a day before the episode aired.

It's supposed to be a monologue about the impact wars have on the men who fight in them and how good men can go bad. In the show it's about a hippie commune that couldn't defend itself and gets fucking murdered so that the Hound can get back to killing people.

It's so fucking simplistic.
>>
File: 1264547656818.jpg (16 KB, 200x180) Image search: [Google]
1264547656818.jpg
16 KB, 200x180
>GOT is so unpredictable! anyone can die!
>likeable character dies for edge-points
>fan favourite Dany will never die because dragons and feminism

I would love the writers to throw a curve ball just to rattle the cage a bit.
>>
>>70653210
>hound happens to be in the forest away from everyone conveniently as they all die

firewood was REALLY important apparently, bravo D&D
>>
>>70655124

Jon will pull the flaming sword of Azor Ahai out of her.
>>
>>70655124
>fan favourite Dany will never die because dragons and feminism

That's not it, she'll most likely be a huge part of the end game.
>>
The whole theme of this season is resurrection, right? And suddenly there's this speechy, culty, pacifist, played by a major buzz actor, who we are introduced to at the same time as a character "supposedly" dead?

He'll be back.
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.