[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
From an interview with Gwendoline Christie: http://www.ew.c
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 9
File: stannis.png (1 MB, 764x995) Image search: [Google]
stannis.png
1 MB, 764x995
From an interview with Gwendoline Christie:

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/06/15/game-thrones-brienne-stannis

>Brienne is depressed about the situation she’s in. She hasn’t been able to achieve what she’s wanted. Arya slipped through her fingers and she just went through the fight of her life. The notion of the oath comes up again and again and she remains resolute. A lot of her personal needs remain unacknowledged. She puts all of her life’s focus on the greater good. What occurs is something very interesting. There’s an exploration of this character as a person—she’s dedicated to the greater good, not acknowledging her personal wants and needs in favor of something better than her. [Going after Stannis is] the one moment she responds to her emotional world and her feelings. She’s overtaken by something that we haven’t seen before. She chooses not to stand vigilant and to go and seek Stannis. In the script it says, “a darkness comes over her,” in that way it does when you’re hell-bent on something.

Holy fuck, Stannis confirmed for not dead. "A darkness came over her" in the script. "She was acting on her emotion, not her duty"

Ho.

Lee.

Fuck.

Stannis is alive, she chopped the tree in frustration when Stannis told her to "do her duty". She is going to try to use Stannis as a tool to get Sansa back.

He's alive. Holy shit.
>>
>>70639876

Get Sansa back from where? She has Sansa.
>>
>>70639943
>she has sansa
>has
fucking misogynist
>>
>>70640021

Fuck did I do?
>>
say it with me

STANNIS! STANNIS! STANNIS!
>>
>>70640021
that took me to adult requests
>>
Like 6 different references to Stannis's headless body this season.
>>
>>70639876
Stannis was done with that body anyway, now we'll just have to see who the Great Spirit inhabits next.
>>
Maybe they'll bring him back, maybe they won't. I think they didn't show his death because they are not sure if he should be dead for real.
>>
>Stannis confirmed
>LSH confirmed
>Syrio Forel confirmed

Who next? I'd like to see Tywin revived desu.
>>
>>70640111

What's the endgame for keeping him alive though? Where does he go, what does he do? Nobody is going to back this guy, he's lost his priestess. Why would Brienne keep him alive, what could he do for her that she requires to be kept secret?

I really liked Stannis but I don't see any reason for him to be around. He perhaps could have replaced Jon at the Wall if Brienne had brought him back.
>>
>>70640248
He becomes the new Leader of the Nights Watch under Jon's new rule.
>>
>>70640049
talk about Game of Reddit
>>
stannis the mantis
>>
where is fred
>>
>>70640574
on reddit
>>
>>70639876
YUSHHHHHH
>>
>rus plebs trying to bully got viewers

kek
>>
File: 56.png (407 KB, 640x629) Image search: [Google]
56.png
407 KB, 640x629
>>70640592
Begone, false flagger!
>>
File: 1427065321227.jpg (125 KB, 1096x794) Image search: [Google]
1427065321227.jpg
125 KB, 1096x794
>>70640668
>>
Wow. Stannis faggots are pitiful as fuck and this straw grasping is just sad now.

He's gone, let him go you neckbeard losers.
>>
>>70639876
>self-proclaimed king and all-around Worst Dad Ever Stannis Baratheon

Why don't normies get that Stannis wasn't self proclaimed... He WAS the king.

And I'm sure a bunch of those who say he was the worst dad are christians and god did the same thing to jesus by sacrificing him to save the world
>>
>>70640758
lmao i knew it!
>>
STANNIS!

STANNIS!

STANNIS!
>>
>>70640784
He burnt his daughter. I don't know your standards but that's not something a good father does.
>>
>>70640731
>defend themselves
>>
WHY THE FUCK GAME OF MEMES IS SO POPULAR

I HATE POPULAR THINGS

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>70640824

A good leader makes sacrifices.

His ungrateful shit skin army bailed on him though.
>>
Nice redditposting you autist go back to your capeshit thread
>>
File: 39173957323.jpg (24 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
39173957323.jpg
24 KB, 500x500
>>70640844
>>70640875
>55:28
>56:30
>"reddit" in both posts

you must have a good life lmao
>>
>>70640345
The big problem with that is that he hasn't teleported to the wall yet, while Jon has been teleporting all over the north, and Brienne has reached the wall. He's had enough time.
>>
>>70640019
Lol so true. xD
>>
File: 4654.jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
4654.jpg
12 KB, 480x360
>east euro autists using black lives matter tactics
>>
>>70640972
Yes, i'm from reddit
i won't leave this place

/tv/ is reddit 2.0
every "go back" makes me love this place even more

force me to leave. keep trying.
i'm sure you will make it someday :)

hahahahhahahahah
REDDIT WINS AGAIN
>>
>>70641044
>REDDIT WINS AGAIN

indeed brother
>>
>>70641007
no u :^(
>>
>>70641033
Look, I love stannis as much as the next straight man. I would love to see him lead the night's watch. But he's dead. They assassinated his character before killing him so people wouldn't feel sympathy for him anymore. They were disturbed at how he was taking popularity from their favorites, Jon and Dany.

And timeline wise, it simply doesn't make sense for him to be a night's watch brother when he hasn't even made it to the wall yet.
>>
It would have been interesting if Brienne giving in to her lust for revenge made her lose her chance to save Sansa.

Too bad she teleports to save Sansa in the next ep so it has no consequences whatsoever. If this was supposed to show Brienne losing it they did a bad job
>>
holy moly there's a lot of false flagging and shit flinging going on in here. Maybe hiro will add reddit to the banphrase list
>>
>>70641199

Exactly right. They couldn't even convey the emotional/moral dilemma Brienne apparently had to face when Stannis was in her grasp within the show - this has all been informed to us in interviews, with script references

Literally no developmental consequences for any of these choices or supposed feelings
>>
>ctrl F "eddit"
>24 results

hmm
>>
>>70640191
Syrio? What was confirmed?
>>
>>70641370

Stop shilling your webshite please
>>
>>70639876
>She was acting on her emotion, not her duty.

She's a woman, of course.
>>
Accept it. The show might have had potential, but it's garbage. It's been garbage since season 3 at the latest. The writers don't have it in them to write two good lines of consecutive dialogue anymore, let alone something like this. The writing is barely any better than a daytime soap opera.
>>
reddit:1

4chan:0
>>
>>70639876
Murdering the rightful king as a knight was teh darkness that came over her you idiot. Keeping him alive was the right hting to do.
>>
>Darkness comes over her
>Darkness is realising she's about to kill the actual rightful king
>Stannis tells her "do your duty"
>Realises duty is to find Sans a
>Chops the tree in frustration and says "yeah I killed Stannis" so Pod and others don't think she's a puss, potentially sets up a headless decoy to throw everyone off

WOW IT'S NOT LIKE THAT WAS HARD TO PIECE TOGETHER
>>
The only reasonable role for him would be to become the leader of BwB or "Lord Stoneheart". It sort of makes sense since Stannis has that Lord of Light background, but how in hell could he end up in Riverlands? Someone took his body and brought him there?
>>
>>70643647
fuck off
>>
If Stannis is alive i will go to your house, ring your bell and suck your cock for a month.
>>
>>70643647
It would take literally as much time to chop into the tree as it would to take his head off. So why wouldn't she just do it anyway?
>>
>>70644070
it aint worth anything if you dont have a trip
>>
>>70639876
I want Stannis to be alive, but OP is misinterpreting the interview.

>[Going after Stannis is] the one moment she responds to her emotional world and her feelings.

This means that instead of being logical, Brienne is thinking like a stronk woman. She should've kept to her vows and saved Sansa, but she let her emotions get the better of her and ditched her mission to go kill Stannis.

>She chooses not to stand vigilant and to go and seek Stannis.

In this case, "seek Stannis" just means that Brienne chases after Stannis, tracks him down, and kills him.

Stannis isn't alive.
>>
File: Bale_oooh.jpg (11 KB, 320x272) Image search: [Google]
Bale_oooh.jpg
11 KB, 320x272
>>70640500
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.