[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will the 3 hour cut have establishing shots in it for the viewer?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 8
Will the 3 hour cut have establishing shots in it for the viewer? Because the theatrical cut sure didn't.
>>
>>70623913

No. I just love cutting from one closeup of a character in one subplot to another closeup somewhere else of another subplot.
>>
>>70623913
At no point in the movie was I confused where the action was taking place and where characters were in relation to each other
But nice meme OP
>>
I hope every time the scene changes it puts the new scene's location in big white letters that fill the whole screen.
>>
File: 1363201296205.png (630 KB, 1023x660) Image search: [Google]
1363201296205.png
630 KB, 1023x660
>>70623913
A. I noticed a number of establishing wide shots

B. If you still had problems with the geographical orientation of characters despite point A. then you are most likely a severe autist
>>
File: 1461968349420.gif (3 MB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
1461968349420.gif
3 MB, 300x200
>>70623913
Wait I thought Marveldrones being retards was just a meme

>WAIT WHERE ARE WE NOW
>WHERE ARE MUH BIG WHITE LETTERS TO TELL ME WHAT COUNTRY WE ARE IN
>WAAAAH WAAAAAH

wew lad
>>
>>70623913
Yes, just like Watchmen Director's Cut
>>
>>70624264
When I saw the movie I thought that batman was dreaming when the flash showed up but I learned here that it was just some time travel stuff
>>
>>70624448
That's even worse: there are SOME, but not always when necessary, which indicates it was a conscious decision to fuck it up.
>>
>>70624573
What are you even saying?
>I NEED ESTABLISHING SHOTS EVERY SINGLE FUCKING TIME THERE'S A LOCATION CHANGE

Don't make movies.
>>
>>70623913
Tell that to Zod's snapped neck.
>>
File: 1454852584.png (177 KB, 596x804) Image search: [Google]
1454852584.png
177 KB, 596x804
>>70624909
>>
>>70625091

kek. moron deserved his ridicule.
>>
>>70623913

>scene cuts from an outside shot of kansas to a dark cave filled with bats

>wtf happened? i cant tell where this place is whithout an establishing shot.
>>
>>70624339
I understood that reference.
>>
>>70623913
wut?
The shots of burnt Wayne Manor, Lex Tower, and of the Knightmare's barren city weren't kino enough for you?
>>
>>70628205
There's also establishing shots of the Capitol, the ship's crash site, the house where Lex meets the wheelchair bomber, and the Kents' farmhouse.
>>
>>70624559
The funny part is after the ultimate cut, there will be scenes that NO ONE could explain until that version came out.

Like why his dead dad was on top of mountain, and why was superman there too.

The flash, who was never named or introduced that appears after a dream sequence is one of the less weird parts.

But establishing shots isn't the same as showing a vista of a the city, and saying "METROPOLIS" in big bold letters, but just a way of helping give the feel of the local.

One thing is for sure, they'll give more attention to that early death scene of the CIA guy. Big Boy.
>>
>>70623913
there was
there's actually going to be a grid of all the establishing shots because of these meme opinions
>>
>>70623913
Will Snyder ever release the 4 hour cut?
>>
>>70628606
4 hour cut was assembly (all in, longer takes, not properly edited, etc).

3 hour cut is final director's cut
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNMCiswQklU
>>
>>70628205
>>70628267
Then why did Mike and Jay say there weren't any establishing shots in the film? Idiot.
>>
Will they explain Lex Luthor's plan on what to do after doomsday killed Superman, and there was nothing on earth that could stop it?
>>
>>70628736
Do you think Superman will be in the next movie???
>>
>>70624482
That's diff
>>
>>70628666
Stop plugging your videos.
You are not funny acnefatguy
>>
>>70623913
>Wanting to waste runtime on establishing shots
Nah, fuck you. The movie wasnt so hard to follow, if anything the issues were with the script, not the lack of establishing shots.
>>
>>70623913
Will the three hour cut have an explanation as to why Luthor attempted to frame Superman using bullets that could be traced back to LexCorp?
>>
>>70628702
Maybe...just maybe those RLM plebs don't know shit about movies
>>
>>70628736
1. He had the rest of the justice league on check you dumb fuck. He even made them brand logos. He could get them in the next 48 hours most probably.

2. Darkseid is coming regardless. It doesnt matter what Doomsday could do in a few months. They are doomed anyways.
>>
>>70628736
There was Kryptonite bro. Lex could just shot some Kryptonite bullets and kill the monster if he wanted.

Considering he let Batman steal it, its not stupid to believe he saved a good part for him.
>>
>>70624482
That's different, establishing shots are usually what people use in grids and are most films more artistic and artful scenes since they aren't in there just for conveying messages, or dialogue or 'symbolism'.

Most establishing shots can be done creatively and are a reflection of the directors art itself.

It's like the verse and chorus is the dialogue and action of the movie, the bridge is the artistic expression of the establishing shot.

James Bond latest movies got props for doing them in interesting ways using interesting fontography. As well as the music playing during them, and was seen as one of the best uses of what most people consider an outdated technique in films.

It's not needed in films but it adds artistic character. Without it, you get a mess like the theatrical cut of BvS that feels like as eries of jump cuts like there is 2 movies in one trying to bust out and end up smothering each other but in editing, which is the biggest criticism, and narratives, which also tries to set up OVER half a dozen origin stories for up coming movies.

A 4 hour movie would probably help, but you can blame Snyder for not doing, when it's obvious that it wouldn't HURT the movie in any slight way and would definitely give a boost to movie sales.

Because WB won't let him would be the lamest excuse.
>>
>>70628902
>why Luthor attempted to frame Superman using bullets
wew lad
>>
>>70628991
It's really rare. But this is also implying Lex Luthor is smarter then Batman... which kinda makes Batman a chump. How can someone horde the rarest material on the world without anyone else knowing when it was literally in the ship that crashed.

And why did nobody care about it except for Lex Luthor after seeing the whole planet almost destroyed with superhuman gods.....

and Lex Luthor was the only one interested in this... must have been a KILLER week in TV and movies that year.
>>
>>70629010
>BvS that feels like as eries of jump cuts like there is 2 movies in one trying to bust out
Yes, like Batman and Superman ideologies. It was made like that with a purpose in mind. There were 2 movies fighting themselves until they reunite near the ending
>>
>>70629118
Holy shit, you BvS/Snyder apologists are insane.
>>
>people are now seriously arguing against establishing shots
>a fucking staple in the language of film
Jesus fucking christ I knew the MoS defense force was desperate but this is fucking sad.
>>
>people still saying that there are no establishing shots

see you when grids start getting posted
>>
>>70629073
Well, to be fair, the only piece they knew about was the little shard of kryptonite they discovered during LexCorp's cleanup after the Battle of Metropolis at the end of MoS. Their scientist thought maybe it would have an effect on Kryptonians, so they loaned it to the government for testing on Zod's remains.

Lex tries to dangle that "deterrent" carrot in front of the Senators' noses in order to get the import license for the far larger chunk of kryptonite they discovered in the blast wreckage from the World Engine site in the Indian Ocean.

He thought they'd just rubber stamp it through. Finch blocked the license and had everything else gone according to Lex's plan, the lack of that license would have been the only place he provably stepped outside the law.
>>
>>70623913
Yes. It will establish that Martha is the name of both Superman and Batman's mother. This key fact was omitted from the theatrical version and will be firmly established in the director's cut.
>>
File: Zack Snyder.jpg (263 KB, 670x377) Image search: [Google]
Zack Snyder.jpg
263 KB, 670x377
>>70629159

so let's take into context what Snyder's task are. He is given a task to create a movie that:

1) an origin movie for Justice League
a) this will include scenes and character development for Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman
b) have the 3 team up to serve as a basis for Justice League - obviously this has to be a super villain since how can any human stand against 3 superheroes?
c) have that super villain be engineered by human to serve its origin and for connecting with the human personas of Superman and Batman

2. have a continuity to Superman's actions after the Man of Steel - this includes the political aspects of having an uncontrollable god exist in the presence of humans and its spiritual implications as well

3. Introduce Batman and relate him to Superman

4. Be distincly different from Marvel movies - tackle the serious side of having heroes among us

Given this ginormous task, its amazing how Snyder was able to make it all work in his film. To cover all this points would take about 4 - 4 1/2 hours and I feel that if given the freedom Snyder would have done it so. A task of this magnitude would have failed Kubrick but Snyder has done it, although we admit this is not his best work but I would have loved to see what he could have done in a 4 hour epic Director's cut of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice ™.

I'm excited to see more of Snyder's work. I'm not trolling I really do. Even his adapation of The Fountainhead, but I really really wish I could see it in Snyder's intended form. Not getting cut down to what the studio wants. A 4 hour Fountainhead and Justice League and see it in Snyder's vision would be amazing to see.
>>
>>70631318
>This much justification just to wrap your head around Snyder's shit directing
Wew
>>
How is a director's cut going to help this tripe? What is it about Snyder's trash that makes autists obsess over it? How come similarly talented directors like Paul WS Anderson and Uwe Boll don't attract the same crowd?
>>
>>70631420

I'm insulted that you even had the gall to compare Snyder to hacks like Anderson and Boll. Fuck you
>>
File: 1377381366610.gif (2 MB, 412x232) Image search: [Google]
1377381366610.gif
2 MB, 412x232
>>70629010
>establishing shots are usually what people use in grids and are most films more artistic and artful scenes
stop I can only laugh so hard
>>
>>70631396

>can't refute the post

amazing anon
>>
>>70631420
B-but he made an adaptation of WATCHMEN, it's so deep and if you don't like the movie it means you don't get it 'cuz it's a deconstruction of superheroes and I don't really know what it means but it's super DEEP and you're just a dumb poopy-head if you don't like it, and did you know 300 was originally a comic book by Frank Miller, you know what he did, he made The Dark Knight Returns, that's the one where Batman kills people by the hundreds like he's supposed to if he's REAL so when it happens in BvS you don't have any right to criticize it since it's in the comics also he beat up Superman because he's so cool and if you don't like it you just don't get it because Watchmen and The Dark Knight Returns made comics cool again and they're smart and deep for intelligent, mature nihilists with a wicked sense of humor like me so g-go watch your popular movies while I'm enjoying something GOOD!
>>
>>70628902
If I'm not mistaken, they show a guy with a flamethrower in the Africa scene in the UC trailer. Therefore we can assume that the bodies were burnt to look like Supes used his laser vision to kill them.
>>
>>70631318
i actually hadn't thought about it this way before

poor zack

they should never have made him put wonder woman in it

and they should probably have got the batfleck batkino film over and done first

but then who was in charge of casting jesse einsberg as lex? literally the worst casting choice i can think of since... well, ever?
>>
>>70631420
The fact that no one does might should tell you something.

Snyder may not quite qualify as an artist in a lot of peoples' eyes just from his choice of subject matter, but he's far from an unimaginative hack.
>>
>>70631507
Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.
>>
>>70631507
Honest question:

Taking for granted that you're familiar with the broad strokes of "The Dark Knight Returns" and "The Death of Superman," do you note any key departures and reversals in terms of thematic elements?
>>
File: Lex - Hackman.jpg (76 KB, 642x449) Image search: [Google]
Lex - Hackman.jpg
76 KB, 642x449
>>70631743
>but then who was in charge of casting jesse einsberg as lex

In all honesty, it's not the first time a theatrical portrayal of Lex deviated from the comics significantly. Hackman's performance in the Donner films came at a time when Lex was still very firmly nothing but the evil scientific genius bent on world domination. In fact, I've always thought that Byrne's re-imagining of the character as the corrupt corporate tycoon was at least partially inspired by his performance.
>>
>>70632045
That's fair and all and congrats to snyder and eisenberg for taking a risk but it honestly failed, when I watched this movie with a couple of people they all just made the comparison with the joker. I honestly don't even mind batman and superman killing or anything, but this just felt like such a big deviation that they might as well used another character for Lex. I also felt that his characterization could be justified if he had a good motivation but he didn't. Even if Eisenberg was named Mex Muthor people would still have complained because he was a pretty shitty villain overall. Especially after Zod.
>>
>>70632308
You know how he seems to become more and more erratic over the course of the movie? I think that's because of the knowledge he was exposed to via the Kryptonian database. His wardrobe changes make it clear that all that was stitched back together out of order. I'm hoping that the director's cut makes it clearer that he'd been driven pretty much batshit insane by what he'd learned.
>>
>>70632440
I know, that still doesn't make it a whole of a lot better, and I don't know I just felt like a lot of the stuff he did went unexplained, which I understand could be explained in the extended edition but for 90% of the audience that won't matter.
>>
>>70631743
>but then who was in charge of casting jesse einsberg as lex?
Eisenberg read for Jimmy Olsen (the CIA agent killed in Africa), but Snyder thought he'd be better for Luthor because of the sense of contempt he gave for the material. No, I am not making this shit up.
>>
File: Supercap.png (964 KB, 2624x2256) Image search: [Google]
Supercap.png
964 KB, 2624x2256
>>70632575
Let me tell you what I personally think. I Think it's going to support at least 90% of what the anon in these numbered posts in pic related thinks.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.