[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just finished watching the Sopranos .....what the fuck???
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6
File: The-Sopranos-final-scene[1].jpg (60 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
The-Sopranos-final-scene[1].jpg
60 KB, 640x360
I just finished watching the Sopranos
.....what the fuck???
>>
File: hqdefault-2.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault-2.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
JUST
>>
File: 1463533512878.jpg (19 KB, 700x359) Image search: [Google]
1463533512878.jpg
19 KB, 700x359
>>70623234
The ending of the Sopranos scared the shit out of me

Just black nothingness
>>
DON'T STOP-
>>
>>70623355
HALF POO IN LOO MY SHIT UP
>>
>>70623355
JAJAJAJAJA. Ur 2 funni DANNYBOYTBH!
>>
>>70623424
>>70623432
Did you guys even watch the show? I'm not a spic or using a spic meme.
>>
>>70623520
Si mi amigo DANNYBOYTBH!
>>
>>70623234
tony died. the guy in the leather jacket who was kind of eyefucking him while sitting at the bar shot him the back of the head while coming back out from the bathroom. the guy was most likely working for new york.
>>
ITS A RETIREMENT COMMUNITY
>>
toby sorpano
die
if black
== die
>>
>>70624538
Making assumptions like this for no reason is the sign of a very challenged mind.
>>
>>70623355
PULL
>>
>>70623355
WHEN
>>
>>70624666
ME
>>
>>70624572
IT'S A NURSING HOME
>>
>>70624703
BACK
>>
CHRISTAFUR YOU SAT ON MY DOG
>>
>>70624762
It must crawled under there.for warmth
>>
>>70624590
>making assumptions for no reason
no, there's tons of evidence that this is what happened.
>>
>>70624572
I KNOW SENIORS WHO ARE INSPIRED!
>>
>>70624762
What, was it barking?
>>
>>70624778
>> yfw people this dumb actually exist
>>
File: RETIREMENT COMMUNITY.png (458 KB, 1080x822) Image search: [Google]
RETIREMENT COMMUNITY.png
458 KB, 1080x822
>>70624716
>>
>>70623234

I did not understand it at first myself.

This is the purpose of the ending:

The ending is not about what what happens to the people on screen, the ending is about YOU, the viewer. You were building up an anticipation to see if violence would break out, and then nothingness. This caused you to to feel anxiety and to feel unsettled, which is the intention.

That feeling you felt when the screen went black? The mafia guys in the show have that feeling chronically because of the way they live, always on edge about whether or not something very bad was about to happen.

The ending was to make you feel the anxiety and fear the characters live with every day. If throughout the show you ever thought, maybe that lifestyle is pretty cool, the ending shows you that it is not... it is absolutely not and you would hate to live like them.
>>
>>70625327
This is the correct answer you get an A+.
>>
>>70624935
The last episode had Space Odyssey moments of Tony seeing himself and other times when the viewer would see through Tony's eyes. That was confirmed by Chase. There was a talk between him and Bobby about not even hearing the bullet when you're killed. That episode got aired out of sequence before the finale to put it into the viewer's head.
>>
>>70624538
Carmela died. The bullet came out of Tony's head and also hit Carmela, who was sitting right in front of him.
>>
>>70624986
nice aspect ratio, idiot.
>>
Gabagool?
>>
File: Paaaaaaulie.png (808 KB, 1062x315) Image search: [Google]
Paaaaaaulie.png
808 KB, 1062x315
>>70628290
what is this /hr/ or something? tryin to break my fuckin balls
>>
>>70628258
Anthony Jr. died. The loud noise of the gunshot caused him to quickly jerk forward and he choked to death on an onion ring.
>>
>>70623234
[]He was killed, probably by that guy in the jacket. The ending was never intended to be ambiguous.[]

[]There's a brief flashback scene in the episode before the last one during which Tony remembers a conversation he had with Bobby. They're talking about dying, and Bobby says, "You probably don't even hear it when it happens, right?" Tony is the protagonist. The show is about his life and his experiences. So when the show suddenly ends with a hard cut to black, that means that Tony's experiences have ended exactly the same way.[]

[]Think about it like this - if they wanted to show Tony's death, how else would they have done it? Do you really think they would have done some big Scarface scene with Tony getting into a huge shootout with a bunch of thugs until his head explodes in a shower of blood? Is that really the kind of thing that the makers of the show would have done? No. David Chase and everyone else were too smart for something like that. So they portrayed his death in an extremely memorable and stark way. Not romanticized, not bloody - a sudden nothingness. But because we didn't literally physically see him die, idiots decided that he might not have. And once Chase realized that he had finally overestimated his audience, he went along with it, refusing to offer a definitive answer for fear of solving what had suddenly become a mystery, and ending a controversy that has ultimately immortalized that last scene.[]

[]So to summarize, he was shot and killed. People are free to read further into it than that if they really want to, but showing Tony's death was absolutely, hands-down the original intention, and I personally think that believing it was any more complicated than that diminishes the end product.[]
>>
bobby says 'you probably dont even hear it coming

assassin wears a members only jacket = mafia connection

keeps eyeing tony and walks in behind AJ, possibly followed him.

camera follows him to the bathroom, reminiscint of tonys fave film, the godfather where the gun was in the toilet

everytime the doorbell rings we see in tonys POV. the last time the bell rings when his daughter walks through rings the bell and we see through tonys eyes which is nothing but darrkness

he got clipped
>>
>>70623380
that's death anon
>>
File: Sopranos_SHITBO.gif (2 MB, 480x271) Image search: [Google]
Sopranos_SHITBO.gif
2 MB, 480x271
>>70623234
You're breaking our balls!
>>
>>70629202
Towards the end I began to hate tony, hoping he'd get kidnapped and tortured. I wish Carmella got her mouth broken off too, so annoying. Jaunice too, done buffalo bill style skinned alive.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.