[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just watched this. Someone explain to me why Roy didn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8
File: ataui5reehcxz1e9sfvz.jpg (470 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ataui5reehcxz1e9sfvz.jpg
470 KB, 1920x1080
Just watched this.

Someone explain to me why Roy didn't kill deckard when he was hanging on the side of the building. Doesn't make any sense to me, since deckard killed all of Roy's friends why wouldn't Roy kill him
>>
Why would he kill one of his own?
>>
>>70618991
this desu
>>
>>70618967
Because Deckard represented the last glimmer of Roy's existence. Only Deckard's memory of Roy would remain once he departed.
>>
>>70618967
holy shit how pleb are you
>>
>>70618967
I bet you like anime you retard
>>
>>70619058
This.

He imparted Deckard with a vision of mercy, and in those final moments what humanity really is.

It's presumed that Roy's mercy stops Deckard from ever hunting down another replicant, and further evidence of this is when he is seen leaving with Rachel.
>>
>>70618991
What do you mean? Deckard was a robot?
>>
>>70618967
He understood the value of human life and couldnt take it away, hence why he gives that speech so that he ll leave something behind whens he gone
>>
>>70619190

Dat b8
>>
File: bladerunnerreplicant.jpg (512 KB, 800x1649) Image search: [Google]
bladerunnerreplicant.jpg
512 KB, 800x1649
Replicants don't kill their own.
>>
>>70618967
it's because it's a terrible script and the most overrated film of all time.
>>
File: 1394229217665.png (770 KB, 1407x797) Image search: [Google]
1394229217665.png
770 KB, 1407x797
>>
File: 1272997940121.jpg (75 KB, 506x1193) Image search: [Google]
1272997940121.jpg
75 KB, 506x1193
>>70619357

0/10
>>
>>70619324

I guess Deckard wasn't a replicant then, since he killed a couple of them.
>>
>>70619324
but deckard killed them you dumb shit
get out
>>
>>70619171
Yep. The book conveys that message clearly as well. "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?"

Replicants have just as much humanity in them as real human beings.
>>
How the fuck is Ford supposed to be in the BR sequel when Dekker was a replicant and would have died within a few years.
>>
File: retardfullnigga.jpg (91 KB, 450x373) Image search: [Google]
retardfullnigga.jpg
91 KB, 450x373
>>70619402
>>70619414

He doesn't know he's a replicant, Jamal.
>>
>>70619398
not trolling, just facts
>>
>>70619357
Every time I come here Im amazed at how shit some peoples taste is. Theres ALWAYS someone.
>>
>>70618967
What about you just return to that sandbox you must have not leaved in the first place?
>>
>>70619477
>>>>>>>dekker
>>
>Ford being such a sell-out that he joints the sequel, when everybody said how much Ford struggled with the role and hated the film

Deckard was the worst part of Blade Runner, by the way. Based Roy saying it how it is, he could only shine so much because Deckard was weak.
>>
File: fakekubrick.jpg (138 KB, 520x524) Image search: [Google]
fakekubrick.jpg
138 KB, 520x524
>>70619477
I the first version, if I remember correctly, it's stated in the end just before the credits that Rachel is a new model without "caducity" with the pre-recorded memories, Deckard is the same model.

In the new versions that scene was cut though.
>>
How can a board that loves Blade Runner so much not grasp the film's crucial scene?

This movie's a bandwagon these days.
>>
>>70618967
He was showing Deckard what it is to be human, which is ironic since he was a replicant, and that replicants valued life more than humans.
>>
>>70619190
Deckard was alive.
>>
I always felt the whole film was meant to be about humans becoming less human and the replicants becoming more human IMO

Like we see Roy being hugely empathic for his fellow replicants, and the ending here shows Roy's morality over Deckard, who didn't spare anyone, even when the stripper was running away for her life in an almost horror movie scene fashion

But then the final cut came out and was like "eyy deckards a replicant all along" and kinda fucked up that theory :s
>>
File: AAVm14r.png (2 MB, 1920x1040) Image search: [Google]
AAVm14r.png
2 MB, 1920x1040
Also the movie is basically an allegory for racism

You know, humanity enslaving the replicants, demonizing them, dehumanizing them through slurs blabla

Then at the end it's obviously like "Oh they're not just mindless degenerates after all"
>>
>>70621285
This post is correct.
>>
>>70623156
Members of the crew/cast say: I don't care, he's not a replicant to me.

All respect to Scott, he's done a great job here, but the decision to make Deckard a replicant was a poor one, in the light of the philosophical conflict that the film explored. It was a cheap effect, that undermined the films substance, though imo in a way that doesn't really matter.
The films brilliance lies in many areas.
>>
>>70618967
All the replicants are dying, they have expiry dates.

Roy knows he's going to die, and he's got nothing to leave behind. Deckard is the only person left who might remember him.
>>
File: BR.jpg (101 KB, 750x1152) Image search: [Google]
BR.jpg
101 KB, 750x1152
Blade Runner is not only one of the most important science fiction films but also a subtle exploration of existentialism and american society in the near future as well as the past, disguised as visually impressive throwback to film noir.

The director's cut is a masterpiece.
Like it or not. But this is fact.
>>
>>70623307
It's actually an allgory for colonialism and if subordinate people within such a society can break out of it.

“The most effective way to destroy people is to deny and obliterate their own understanding of their history.”
― George Orwell
>>
>>70624015
>Blade Runner is not only one of the most important science fiction films but also a subtle exploration of existentialism and american society in the near future as well as the past, disguised as visually impressive throwback to film noir.

Could there be a more bland and generic description of the film? of course it is, thanks for telling us the consensus on the film, we would have never figured it out.
>>
>>70624481
When you're done smelling your own farts you may want to take a look at this thread and you'll realize that the majority here would indeed not have figured it out by themselves.
>>
>>70624143
Yee definitely

There's so many layers and themes in Blade Runner, definitely a post modern film
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.