[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you like The Shining?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 631x467) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 631x467
Do you like The Shining?
>>
>>70611466
That pic creeps me out.
>>
Yes, it's my favourite film.
>>
>>70611563
Ghostly furry fellation...
>>
>>70611601
Its not even a film its a flick fuck off my board reddit
>>
>>70611466
i was going to make a joke about how the guy in the suit is Shining the other guys knob, but i can't think of how to word it in a witty manner so fuck it who gives a shit.
>>
it's ok
>>
>>70611466
well come in if you're commin
>>
So

Is the conspiracy theory right?
>>
classic image.jpg
>>
>>70611466

what do you want from me
>>
>>70611601
Fuck you and your page consuming trip
>>
LOL it looks as if that little critter is "shining" the mans "knob"
>>
>>70611466
it's not a horror movie
but it is unsettling
frankly I don't get the hype
it was a great piece of filmmaking but not a revolution, heck not even scary.
>>
According to NASA it's random garbage that makes no sense. Which is weird considering how autistic Kubrick was with all his other movies
>>
I love it, it's engrosses you in a weird way. I can't think of another movie that isolates you from your immediate surroundings and your own life so severely.
>>
>>70612948
buy a bigger phone
>>
>>70613157
>he doesn't understand its a psychological thriller mine in line with the 50's and 60's "horror" and has nothing to do with the modern concept of gore and jump scare based horror
>>
>>70613813
dont be a prick anon
you're not some superior fuck for liking it.
>>
File: Willeh.jpg (45 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Willeh.jpg
45 KB, 640x480
>>70611466
DO YOU WANT TO GET SEWD
>>
>>70611466
What are people's thoughts on the theory that all the hidden messages and random cryptic shit in it were because it was Kubrick's on-film reaction to his realization that the Holocaust was mostly a fabrication?
>>
>>70614077
What are people's thoughts on the theory that Room 237 was created to shit in the punchbowl so that all Kubrick theories would be dismissed out of hand?
>>
>>70614077

The Native American themes are blatantly obvious, Other shit like CIA, Moonlandings, and sexual imagery in Ulman's office's paper tray is just beyond any credibility
>>
File: originalguy.jpg (103 KB, 607x597) Image search: [Google]
originalguy.jpg
103 KB, 607x597
>mfw mfw
>>
>>70611466
one of the few good horror movies with children in it.
>>
>>70613157

Here read this

http://www.visual-memory.co.uk/amk/doc/0091.html
>>
>>70613884
And you're not some superior fuck for not finding it scary, faggot.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.