[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Honest thoughts on Ghost In The Shell?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 169
Thread images: 32
File: 6955_front.jpg (1015 KB, 1499x1977) Image search: [Google]
6955_front.jpg
1015 KB, 1499x1977
Honest thoughts on Ghost In The Shell?
>>
Great.
>>
First movie is great, both seasons of SAC are amazing, everything else is okay.

I'm looking forward to the live action movie with the disappointment I felt coming out of Aeon Flux in the forefront of my mind.
>>
>>70584904
GiTS
>God-tier

GiTS Innocence
>Great-tier

GiTS 2.0 (pic)
>why, god, why-tier

>GiTS SAC
>God-tier

GiTS SAC2nd Gig
>dat Sniper episode-tier

GiTS Arise
>moeshit-tier
>>
>>70584904
Good stuff. Need more invisible robot waifu films.
>>
Only saw the first movie. It was pretty great, though it was so hyped up to me that I did feel a little disappointed at first. That scene at the end with the tank is god-tier
>>
>>70584904
was hyped for anime when it was released. watched it , but it was jut okay tier. looks great, some great action scenes, has deep philosophy about cyborgs (then. now it is translated as transgender shit), but mostly it's boring.
overrated.
>>
Neuromancer for the children of videogame sensibilities
>>
>>70585300
>Motoko vs Multi-ped Tank
This horrified me when I was younger. Thing is just unstoppable, slow-moving & cloaked
>>
>>70584904
Style over substance.
>>
Akira is better in every way
>>
The monologues are awful
>>
>>70584904
Great movie that went over most people's heads unfortunately.
>>
>>70584904
typical anime bullshit in movie form
terribly written exposition and "cinematic" scenes that take too long, and a lot of pointless cartoon nudity
i do like the style/setting, though, so the live action movie could be ok. we'll see
>>
>>70585776

>a lot of pointless cartoon nudity

There's literally no nudity in GitS.
>>
File: Motoko2.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Motoko2.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>70585697
AKIRA goes for a completely different thing man.

>>70585315
It wasn't about cyborgs it was about all of humanity. The Major's dilemma about not having her own true body and being confined to it is directly applicable to all humans ever.

>>70585380
How so?

>>70585776
What scenes take too long specifically?

>pointless cartoon nudity

The Puppet Master not having a gender but being in a nude woman's body plays off the not having a true identity motif. The Major's skintight suit allows for her to turn invisible with ease, this is actually based on a real concept.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
9 KB, 480x360
>>70585828
>it doesn't count because she's a cyborg!
>>
>>70585949
The scene is about the making of a cyborg, showing that The Major's body may or may not be her own, and your thought is "pointless cartoon nudity?"
>>
Are people here man enough to admit it is superior to blade runner?
>>
>>70585949

She's a 100 year old woman inside a billion dollar, militarized barbie doll.

If they included the cyber lesbian sex scene I'd agree with you, but everything sexual is really downplayed in the movies and series.
>>
>>70585980
>pointless cartoon nudity
That wasn't my post. You said there's literally no nudity in GitS and I was just pointing out that that's retarded.
>>
>>70585165
This, desu.
>>
File: 1455527918411.jpg (457 KB, 1994x948) Image search: [Google]
1455527918411.jpg
457 KB, 1994x948
>>70584904
>anime

Fuck off, /v/eddit.
>>
>>70586042
Oh that wasn't me my bad we've had a miscommunication.
>>
the ost is god tier
>>
File: Ghostintheshell.jpg (156 KB, 1609x891) Image search: [Google]
Ghostintheshell.jpg
156 KB, 1609x891
>>70585165
This.

I don't know a lot of details about the live action shit coming out but I doubt it'll hold up to the original film.
>>
>>70585165
>2nd Gig below first season
>>
>>70586124
half the stuff in that picture is /tv/ memes though so you cant use that image on this board. also you're gay
>>
>>70585776
>so the live action movie could be ok. we'll see
get a load of this faggot
>>
File: nlj4ei3wnQ1sq41x6o1_1280.jpg (809 KB, 1280x1808) Image search: [Google]
nlj4ei3wnQ1sq41x6o1_1280.jpg
809 KB, 1280x1808
>>70585165
>GiTS Arise
>>moeshit-tier

arise was an improved SAC. was more cohesive and focused on delivering independent yet interconnected stories that were effortlessly tied all together in the new movie. a 25 episode format was a bad idea for GITS. it felt too bloated.
>>
Boring exposition dumps.
>>
>>70586798
>arise was an improved SAC

No.
>>
>>70586798
They fucked up all the characters beyond the major, they are all drawn to look like retards. Also if your watching SAC just to get a cohesive main plot line then you are watching it all wrong.
>>
>>70586798

>arise was an improved SAC

Here's your (You).
>>
File: sacbooty.jpg (42 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
sacbooty.jpg
42 KB, 720x480
>>70584904
I like the original one and Innocence mostly for the animation.
But I think that the two seasons of SAC are the best thing to come out of the franchise.
>>
I was thirteen. A kid I met at the local comic book shop on Friday nights playing Warhammer/MtG gave me a copy of Ghost in the Shell.
All he said was "Don't watch this when your parents are home."

God bless you, Dillon, wherever you are.
>>
What's up with this archetype in fiction? It's like it's the opposite of the strong man hero archetype.
>>
>>70588068

Have you even watched any GitS?

The Major is pretty much the archetypal action hero who is for the most part asexual but chooses to reside in an attractive female body in an attempt to hold on to some bit of her humanity.
>>
>>70584904
>Honest thoughts on Ghost In The Shell?

It's good but just like with most good japanese animation we keep quiet (kinda like a fight club thing) because we don't want to attract anime fucktards.

>>70586868
>>arise was an improved SAC
>No.

yes. GITS is not fit for a long series format. but story and animation quality take a hit.

>>70586912
>They fucked up all the characters beyond the major
>just to get a cohesive main plot line

total nonsense. none of the characters are fucked, they for the most part are in the background which fits the futuristic police crime drama/operator espionage/urban warfare genre that the show is set in. you are not watching naruto. secondly I never said main plot, the main plot of SAC is cohesive but the series itself is bloated and drags on needlessly.
>>
O V E R R A T E D

need i say more? nostalgia and genre defining is its preeminence and the only saving grace. dont tell me there was no greater works before this was around plebs
>>
File: masamuneshirow.jpg (773 KB, 800x1148) Image search: [Google]
masamuneshirow.jpg
773 KB, 800x1148
>>70588068
>What's up with this archetype in fiction?

Shirow Masamune (the original creator) has a fetish with strong women in uniform. All of his work revolve around that.

>Have you even watched any GitS?
Obviously you haven't. Major is very sexual, that's exactly her reason for having a sexy female body. Japs don't give a shit about your non binary bullshit.
>>
>>70586124
>newfag detected
>>
>>70584904
True Techno Thriller
>>
>>70585165

Is there like a recommended viewing order or is this it?
>>
>>70586798
I really really really fucking hate this minimalist animation style. 50 years from now, this will all be just stick figures.
>>
File: ok_guy.png (287 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
ok_guy.png
287 KB, 800x600
>>70585165
pretty spot on anon. Good job.
>>
File: GiTS analysis.png (2 MB, 1624x4132) Image search: [Google]
GiTS analysis.png
2 MB, 1624x4132
>>70584904
Obligatory.
>>
>>70589646
2nd Gig being below Laughing Man is unforgivable to be honest. Between the two seasons, Laughing Man had more filler episodes that never lead anywhere that that one anon brought up in this thread.

>>70589568
Watch the 1995 film. If you absolutely loved it, watch its sequel. If you just liked it/dug it, watch Stand Alone Complex.
>>
>>70589568

Watch the first movie, then watch SAC in order. If you want more watch everything else in the order it came out. Arise is actually refreshing after Innocence, but the first movie and SAC is really miles above everything else.
>>
Ghost in the Shell is one of my favorite movies. Just something about it man...Motoko is so perfect in every way, almost like death, and the city is so beautiful, like a dream. I love the long shots where they just let the camera go and go because that's how dreams are. It gives me a Tarkovsky/Stalker-esque feel, not going to lie. But Stalker's long camera shots bored me, and I didn't find them pretty. Ghost in the Shell I did however.

Even the beginning shot is classic. It's like, "Wow, here is this beautiful woman." And of course, in the back of everyone's head everyone is like, "Is she going to have a sex scene? Will she kiss someone?" And then, BAM. She just takes off her clothes and jumps off the building. Right at that moment I KNEW the movie would be an instant classic.

Oshii wasn't fucking around when he made this shit.
>>
>>70584904
>good
GITS 1 & 2

>shit
Everything else.
>>
>>70586798
>stories that were effortlessly tied all together i

if you are claiming you understood the political bickering, i will have to have you slayed, you liar.
>>
>>70584904
Posting a couple paragraphs off of the review from Sight & Sound from when it opened in the UK by none other than the legend Kim Newman bc fuck it. Also, because I don't give much of a shit about the sequel or series.

>As in the Shirow-derived Aplleseed and Dominion: Tank Police series, not to mention Angel Cop, Cyber City Oedo 808, Patlabor and Tokyo Babylon, there is a limiting emphasis on high.tech police procedurals with civilians mainly absent from the holocaust-level shoot-outs. There is also an attempt to make the cops tragic figures because of the lives they have lost: when Kusanagi strips naked so she can activate a cloaking device that makes her invisible, we see she is as sexles as a Barbie oll, which serves the demands of the story of Japanese censorship but which makes one wonder why she has been constructed to simulate a punkette babe. Even the cyborg body appropriated by the Puppet Master is a voluptuous naked blonde woman, allowing a great many further excuses for animated breast-jiggle.

>Another defining feature of anime found here is that the films are almost all adapted from mange series that are still running, so their plotlines never approach resolution - Akira for instance, barely appear in Akira - and tend to distantly echo 2001 with the creation of a new superbeing who in unloosed on the world. In this case, the fade-out finds the supermind offspring of Kusanagi and the Puppet Master disguised as a typically waiflike Japanese schoolgirl, trailing out into the city and the internet in a set-up for further installments. It may well be that audiences who have never seen one of these things will be impressed but the problem of tossing such efforts at a core audience is that even devotees are liable to find themselves wearied by a major glut not only of anime but also this type of cyberpunk policier anime.

Talk about overselling the otakus.
>>
File: 1452296572604.jpg (194 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
1452296572604.jpg
194 KB, 640x960
>>70589961
is that english ?

>>70589568
>Is there like a recommended viewing order or is this it?

1995 movie -> innocence -> Arise (4x40 min episodes and a full movie) -> The Laughing Man (OAV*) ->Individual Eleven (OAV*) -> Solid State Society (movie)

*compilation movies of the first and second seasons of Stand Alone Complex
>>
File: shame.jpg (3 KB, 142x142) Image search: [Google]
shame.jpg
3 KB, 142x142
>>70584904
the movie is awesome

the tv series though?...

I really don't know how they managed to make contemporary cyberpunk future-japan boring as fuck, but they did. So much fucking exposition...and some episodes that were literally nothing but.

Major is fucking boring too. If Batou and Togusa are not on the screen at any given moment and there is no action going on, the screen might as well just go blank.
>>
>>70589687
That was good.
>>
>>70584904

GITS is one of my favorite movies. I love the exploration of what it means to be human, the battles are exciting, the characters interesting, and it has an awesome OST that adds to the atmospheric nature of the film.
>>
>>70590356
>that rifle length compared to her

what is she like 5'0 ?
>>
File: image.png (563 KB, 720x528) Image search: [Google]
image.png
563 KB, 720x528
Here we go
http://hk.apple.nextmedia.com/enews/realtime/20160608/55199910
I love Taiwanese sources
>>
>>70589762
This guy deserves a you and now I'm going to watch this shit finally. Oldfag here.
>>
One of the classics of Japanime.
>>
>>70586293
It isn't, though
The order is chronological (release date) not in order of preference.
For the record, 2nd Gig > SAC S01
>>
>>70584904
Not as interesting as Innocence, but it's still good.
>>
>>70592686

neat.jpg
>>
>>70592686
Honestly could be worse. I really hope they took the scarjo backlash and decided to actuallu write a decent adaptation to spite it
>>
>>70593086

Needs more tachikomas
>>
>>70593155
The world needs alot more kawaii self-aware tanks that run on peppiness
>>
>>70592822
Idk how these faggots got that confused when the ratings also didn't go top to bottom best to worst either.

It is god tier quintessential anime and if you havent watched it you should at least give the first movie and the first season a chance. I rewatch the entire catalogue at least once a year.

Arise is meh tier though
>>
>>70585165
Pretty good list anon, I'd put Innocence at only 'good tier' though. Despite great animation I felt it got lost in the metaphysical mind games for too long and it hampered the overall pacing.

I didn't like Arise at first, but aftera few watches, it's grown on me and while it's not as good as SAC it's really not a bad show by any stretch.
>>
>>70593279
>I rewatch the entire catalogue at least once a year.
This is how I am with the original movie & SAC/SAC 2nd Gig. Something just wholly satisfying about the series especially...
>dat godlike OST
https://youtu.be/YQIqgxeNtl0

>>70593435
Innocence gets my love due to the metaphysical aspects of it. But I completely get where you're coming from.

As for Arise, I went in expecting to hate it but with the newest movie out I plan to sit down & blast through it again with a more open mind
>>
>>70593279
>>70593435
>>70593578
My biggest issue with Arise comes from an overly analytical perspective.

In SAC 2nd Gig, the episode about Saito's backstory (yeah, that god-tier sniper episode) clearly shows Batou meeting the Major for the first time. The dialogue (from at-the-time ex-ranger Batou to Ishikawa) even provides this info to the viewer.

Yet, in Arise (before the Major got her current body/became officially Section#9) Batou not only knows her but has major beef with her. Enough so to engage in a fight before they're interrupted by the lolibombs

>inb4 "SAC isn't canon." Like fuck it isn't
>>
>>70593728
It's not a matter of canon, friendo. All the iterations of GiTS are in their own continuities. Arise is another take on the characters is all.
>>
>>70593787
Beat me to it

>>70593728
You really have to accept that it's a different take on the same universe. Given that fact, Arise impressed me with how few times that actually occurs.

As I said, I Reeeeally went in wanting to hate it. Especially after seeing the intro sequence to Phantom Pain (I still cringe). But if you want to approach it from any sort of objective viewpoint, you've gotta subvert your expectations a bit, bro
>>
>>70593929
>>70593728
Just a side-note, but I'm 100% certain that Phantom Pain (the first episode?) is a direct rip-off of the novel The Enemy by Lee Child. Except for the subplot with the protagonist's mother, Phantom Pain is almost identical to that novel's plot

>Conspiracy within the military about downsizing
>CO is involved
>etc.

It's been years since I saw the episode but man I was a mix of surprised and pissed.
>>
>>70584904
The first two movies are awesome, if you don't mind some heavy dialogue. It can be boring if you don't like philosophy.
>>
>>70590356
>>>70589961 (You)
>is that english ?

i dunno, i stole the expression from "Achewood", which is american
>>
File: fuchikoma-gameboy.gif (141 KB, 250x173) Image search: [Google]
fuchikoma-gameboy.gif
141 KB, 250x173
>>70593196
what the hell happened with them? i read somewhere that there was a copyright issue and they were told they can't use the name "tachikoma" any more. or something like that.
>>
>>70585776
you're so fucking wrong it hurts

there was like, one and a half cinematic scenes and they were fucking gorgeous you luddite

the exposition was necessary and worked in the context

the only thing arguable as cartoon nudity is motoko and while it wasn't necessary or in place it wasn't especially offensive or pandering and appeals to the fanbase

take your shit opinions back to /a/
>>
File: logicoma.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
logicoma.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>70594231
I know they changed the name & design for Arise to Logicoma

I miss the cute Tachis & their adorable existential discussions
>>
>>70584904
It's dead now.

I wish the larger series which spawned Jin-roh got the same treatment.
>>
>having better anime discussions than on /a/

fuck moeshit
>>
>>70594365
>Arise

red pill me on this

is it good or bad
>>
>>70594681
It's always been this way.
Same goes for the elusive vidya threads before NEET deletion
>>
File: 1464433135960.jpg (285 KB, 634x435) Image search: [Google]
1464433135960.jpg
285 KB, 634x435
It didn't find a way.
>>
>>70594716
I'm biased (against) it but desu I was quite critical on it throughout my first viewing.
>The music isn't up to par compared to SAC & the intro is abysmal compared to these
>https://youtu.be/rUk2r-cJtTs
>https://youtu.be/YQIqgxeNtl0
>Character design (especially Motoko's) looks bad, with the other S9 members given this minimalist look that shits all over the gorgeous animation seen in the previous entries
>the continuity may piss you off because it's a separate iteration of the series

But it's more cohesive, there's a hell of a lot less filler & it has it's fair share of "holy shit" moments. Plus it's nice to get some back story on the main players.

Give it a shot with Border#1 Phantom Pain. If it isn't your cup of tea, disregard it & rewatch SAC/SAC 2nd Gig
>>
>>70592686

That's from Hong Kong.
>>
File: Boner.png (29 KB, 298x279) Image search: [Google]
Boner.png
29 KB, 298x279
>>70594782
>those hot as fuck Shirow-made hentai doujinshi from the 90's
>>
>>70594901
thanks for reminding ghost in the shell was made by a hentai doujin artist (one of the best)
>>
>>70584904
I haven't watched much anime, but goddamn is this great. There's something about cyberpunk settings that I love, all characters in the movie and Stand Alone Complex have a lot to contribute to the overall plot, and the themes are quite thought provoking.
>>
>>70594993
Shirow Masamune is based as fuck
>>
>>70595009
Heavy existentialism, themes of nihilism & rebellion throughout.

Innocence gets into the metaphysical as well
>>
>>70595009
>I haven't watched much anime
Same here.
I remember getting this, Ninja Scroll & Street Fighter The Animated Movie at my local Suncoast in the 90's. Ruined me on cartoons for quite awhile tbqh desu senpai
>>
File: dAhMsxT.jpg (62 KB, 640x398) Image search: [Google]
dAhMsxT.jpg
62 KB, 640x398
>>70594782
What if it's Scarlett Jewhanson with the Watchoskis directing when they were still in their prime?
>>
>>70595165
I just don't think everything from every other medium needs an adaptation. I'll watch it, but I'm not going into this with any positive expectations

Also,
>Watchowskis
>Not Ridley Scott
One job desu senpai
>>
>>70595208
>implying ridley should make it because he accidentally a blade runner masterpiece

id rather have seen kieslowski or wong kar-wai or based bigelow do it tbqh

all are better than the tranny twins tho obv
>>
>>70594716
To me it's everything wrong with anime right now, as in too much moe shit, typical babyified manchildren shit. Essentially they changed the tone to match what Otaku consume on a regular basis these days which is unbridled cancer shows and neutered the gritty 90's aspect of the original in the process.
>>
>>70595334
>Kieslowski
>anime
That's insulting.
>>
>>70595334
>wong kar-wai
Goddamn. I like this
>>
>>70584904
its a cartoon for kids
>>
Is it worth getting the 25th anniversary blu ray? There are some comments online that the English audio is bad but others say its ok. Is there another version I should track down instead?
>>
>>70595466
>"Mom! I posted it again"
>*returns to GOT General/Warcraft apologist thread
>>
>>70585869
in a way, im glad no one ever copied that scene, like how the town apes heat.

then again, kind of sucks that no action scene this good has been made.

Why was 1995 such a good year?
>>
>>70595488
For Gits, just find the Manga Entertainment initial BluRay release.

And protip: avoid 2.0 like the plague
>>
>>70595496
because it has cartoon nipples, its for man children then?
>>
Ex Machina was better.
>>
File: ghost.jpg (209 KB, 750x456) Image search: [Google]
ghost.jpg
209 KB, 750x456
>>70595488
>>70595521
for reference
>>
>>70584904

I prefer Stand Alone Complex to the original movie. Not because of animation quality but the story is too rushed. It works better as a series.
>>
>>70595564
https://bakabt.me/torrent/171377/koukaku-kidoutai-ghost-in-the-shell-1995-bd-1080p-niizk
>>
File: mugen bondage.gif (37 KB, 168x200) Image search: [Google]
mugen bondage.gif
37 KB, 168x200
>>70592686
looks ok.
anger is reduced
>>
>>70595594
>https://bakabt.me/torrent/171377/koukaku-kidoutai-ghost-in-the-shell-1995-bd-1080p-niizk
That'd be it, m8
And if you're curious, the 25th Anniv does have some decent special features so if you're into that kind of thing iot serves that purpose
>>
>>70595208
Did you watch the Matrix? It's literally the first movie plagiarized scene per scene.

Ridley Scott is for sci-fi horror, which isn't what the first GiTS is about.
>>
>>70595594
Hey do you know for CERTAIN whether that one has the shitty westernized credits music or the original Chant 3? I downloaded one a few months ago and it was the former and god I had never been more pissed or removed from a film viewing experience.
>>
>>70595594
have this version and its excellent
>>
File: 111 trans9.jpg (96 KB, 214x317) Image search: [Google]
111 trans9.jpg
96 KB, 214x317
>>70595666
Spooky trips confirm truth
You have been witnessed
>>
>>70595685
its the original opening
>>
>>70595685
I have this one (same as the cover I posted) on physical Bluray. The closing theme is Chant 3 Reincarnation

I got you bro
>>
>>70595763
*opening
>>
>>70595763
>>70595755
Is the credits Chant 3 or not I'm confused.
>>
>>70595521
>>70595564
>>70595594

Thanks.
>>
>>70592686
I hope this has charm
>>
>>70595808
No prob famalamadingdong

>>70595805
It's Chant 3, not the gay 2.0 version
>>
>>70595835
>It's Chant 3, not the gay 2.0 version

Fuck YES! Dling now.
>>
>>70595666
Thanks, Satan.
>>
Only saw the first movie
didnt like it
wasnt emotional invested in any characters
>>
File: 666 checkem.jpg (31 KB, 320x306) Image search: [Google]
666 checkem.jpg
31 KB, 320x306
>>70595666
>>
first one is great but too short
>>
>>70584904
Looking back on the movie, how the fuck would anyone have known what a "ghost" is? It never really explained it.
>>
>>70596183
Replace "ghost" with "soul." The idea is you take the brain of a human and put it in a body, the person will feel an innate sense of loss, as they no longer have their original body that their soul/ghost was attached to.
>>
>>70584904
Overrated, just like Akira.
>>
>>70596321
I already know that. Again, how would someone that is new to GitS know what a "ghost" is? It does NOT explain it in the movie.
>>
>>70585165
What's wrong with 2.0?
>>
>>70596406
Oh I thought you were asking "how would anyone [in the world of Ghost In The Shell] know what a ghost is?"

>>70596418
Terrible CG.
>>
>>70585355
It was one of my first erections.

>chick taking her clothes off
>>
>>70595564

Sorry for asking again but if I cant track down this version is the 25th anniversary worth buying if I already have the movie on dvd? Can anyone who owns the 25th anniversary version confirm if the English version is indeed shit? Should I just hold off for a different release or just get this one, its 10 bucks on amazon.
>>
>>70597110
If it's 10 bucks I'd say go for it. If the dub is bad just flip over to subs & roll with that. The special features are a neat thing to have desu
>>
>>70597140

The subs are supposedly even worse and not even in sync with the movie. Why cant we just get decent, competent movie releases, are the people releasing them even checking this shit?
>>
Law & Order: AMV
>DUDE SMOOTH ANIMATION IN THE MOVIE BUT NOT IN THE SERIES LMAO
>>
>>70597110
>>70597140
>>70597180

After reading up a bit more, I think Ill skip this release and hold off for a better one. Apparently the company that produced it was trying to hide the fact how shit the release was, deleting posts about it on their FB page and whatnot, dont really want to support bad practices like that.
>>
>>70584904
I don't get the hype. Though, I've only seen the movie. Not the show.

It felt like half a story.
>>
>>70584904
2.0 was unnecessary as fuck and didn't even look good.

The original GitS and Innocence were fucking awesome though.
>>
>>70597669
The movie is pretty much just half of the manga's story.
>>
>>70584904
One of the best movies ever made. Absolute masterpiece.

The live action remake makes me want to kill myself.
>>
>>70584904
2.0's added inferior cgi, besides being worse, is compounded by other scenes that were shortened. Fuck 2.0
>>
>>70584904
Liked the first movie, but just couldn't come to enjoy SAC.
>>
>>70584904
>2.0
Throw it away
>>
File: 139292929.jpg (15 KB, 290x277) Image search: [Google]
139292929.jpg
15 KB, 290x277
>>70595666
>haven't even given a thought to The Matrix for years
>google to see what the directors have made recently
>Wachowski brothers are now the Wachowski transgender sisters
>>
>>70585165
Arise doesn't have anything in particular to do with moe.

>>70585776
Even if there existed a typical anime, GitS wouldn't be it.

And what is this "cartoon nudity"? Do cartoons normally have nudity? Is nudity a particular feature of cartoons, and therefore the existence of nudity in anime is a cartoon feature? Anime has more nudity, and live action has even more.

>>70586124
How is anime particular to /v/ or Reddit when it predates the existence of both by decades and comes from a country that didn't develop either of them?
>>
reminder that kuze will be the antagonist in the live action adaptation
reminder the jews are systematically ruining everything u love
>>
>>70595400
>moeshit
>manchildren
Meaningless buzzwords used at random.
>>
I love it all, but the first movie and season 1 of SAC are really it's highest points.
Innocence and SAC 2nd gig are great.
Arise and the "New Movie" is alright if you want more, but it gets bottled up in trying to be overly complex. So that's definitely the series low point.

I'm cautious about the live action movie though, it might surprise me. But I doubt it.
>>
File: 136290.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
136290.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1200
>ywn merge w the majors ghost n become omniscient
y live
>>
>>70584904

Babby's first anime movie
>>
>>70600429
What is Spirited Away?
>>
>>70584904

Overrated as fuck, imo.

It's incredibly slow-paced for no reason and the characters murmur quasi-philosophical bullshit. Pure posturing. I'm not saying this out of disrespect to philosophy in general, but because I was a philosophy major.

Some nice visuals though.

I think the TV show is a lot better. It's not as try-hard artistic, but it's fantastic cyberpunk.
>>
>>70600180
Context: Otaku's love the shit out of cutesy shit, as well as "Idols." If you're wondering why those have been popping up more and more in random stuff in Japan, you can thank the very deep pockets of the Otaku, who get their money from their rich parents that can't muster up the courage to cut them off. These guys will buy anything related to it and the general aesthetic, so the market more or less changed to it until they keel over.
>>
File: 76_1024.jpg (158 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
76_1024.jpg
158 KB, 1024x768
fuck u spielberg
>>
>>70585300
I never understood what she was trying to achieve by pulling her own arms off
Seems counter productive
>>
File: 1191822798239.jpg (217 KB, 1536x1024) Image search: [Google]
1191822798239.jpg
217 KB, 1536x1024
at least theyre filming some of the scenes in hong kong
>>
>>70600849
She had only one chance to dive into homies brain and see who he really was/find out his motive etc etc

Even if that meant fucking up her body
>>
File: anime then and now.jpg (2 MB, 3860x3860) Image search: [Google]
anime then and now.jpg
2 MB, 3860x3860
>>70600677
"Otaku" means many things. Otaku aren't a hivemind who all like the same things, and only a very limited set of things. I also know of no evidence to suggest that otaku generally get their money from their parents, or get money from their parents more than non-otaku.

Cuteness and idols are broadly popular in Japan and precede modern late night anime. Love Live is so popular that it was the eight most popular domestic movie last year in Japan.

There's a lot of late night anime besides the stereotypical otaku anime that Westerners are so scared shitless of. But those same Westeners also REFUSE to watch any of that anime, or even acknowledge its existence. Then they whine all day long that there's nothing to watch except shows like Anne Happy.
>>
File: 1325695194215.jpg (295 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1325695194215.jpg
295 KB, 1920x1080
>>70600849
she will never destroy her arms giving u a tankjob
;_;
>>
File: dial.jpg (6 KB, 236x236) Image search: [Google]
dial.jpg
6 KB, 236x236
>>70600958
>Then they whine all day long that there's nothing to watch

Fortunately for them there's always /tv/.
For them, anyway.
>>
>>70585776
>>70585949
>terribly written exposition and "cinematic" scenes that take too long
>1994.
still was better than every holywood big budget action movies at that time

>and a lot of pointless cartoon nudity
that oversensitivity. killing people are okay, seeing a naked female body is SEXIST
>>
File: 1196565162740.jpg (916 KB, 1389x892) Image search: [Google]
1196565162740.jpg
916 KB, 1389x892
shekelwood pls stop
>>
File: 1193346294457.jpg (351 KB, 1162x1200) Image search: [Google]
1193346294457.jpg
351 KB, 1162x1200
KUZE WILL BE THE MAIN ANTAGONIST
ITS FUCKING OVER
>>
>>70585165
Always shitted on GiTS SAC2nd Gig without even watching it, saw the sniper clip on youtube, binge watched the whole season in 2 days.

I don't even like anime, only saw GiTS and I think Cogito Ergo when it came out.
>>
>>70584904
First movie is a masterpiece and I watch it at least once a year.
Second movie is alright. It gets interesting by the end but the pacing in the first half hour is atrocious so I've only seen it all the way through once.
S1 was pretty boring, only a few memorable episodes with tons of filler.
Didn't see S2 or Arise.

>>70600958
The problem is that 90% of the shows on the right are still garbage for teenagers. Having a grimdark aesthetic doesn't make them any less insubstantial.
>>
>>70601698
>i-it's made for teenagers (source: me)!
A standard and popular grasping-at-straws-out-despair argument.
>>
>>70601801
*out-of
Thread replies: 169
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.