[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why the fuck did Winters mug Sobel off like this at the end?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: sobel.png (577 KB, 766x391) Image search: [Google]
sobel.png
577 KB, 766x391
why the fuck did Winters mug Sobel off like this at the end? Yeah Sobel was a hard-arse but he just wanted what was best for his men at the end of the day, no need to make him look a twat in front of everyone

not even like he wanted to chat with him or anything, he literally slowed down to mug him off and show off his shiny promotion and send him on his way

what a cunt

https://youtu.be/VcMk85ZsBh0?t=35
>>
>>70572207
Because he didn't respect him. Neither would I.
>>
Because Sobel was basically "/pol9k/: The Officer"

>In the late 1960s, Sobel shot himself in the head with a small-caliber pistol.[9] The bullet entered his left temple, passed behind his eyes, and exited out the other side of his head. This severed his optic nerves and left him blind.[9] He was later moved to a VA assisted living facility in Waukegan, Illinois. Sobel resided there for his last seventeen years until his death due to malnutrition on September 30, 1987.[9] No services were held for Sobel after his death.[9]
>>
>>70572207
It was exactly what sobel did to him at the beginning i think, except their ranks were reversed
>>
>>70572352

David Schwimmer reckoned that training Easy Company was probably the best time of his life.

It seems returning to civilization definitely fucked an already petty and self-loathing man.
>>
>>70572277
>>70572363
so? no need to lower himself to Sobel's level if he didn't respect him
>>
>>70572352

He attempted suicide after being arrested for a homosexual act.
>>
>>70572352
>>70572535

I read somewhere (I don't remember where) the reason no one was at his funeral was because his daughter hated him and didn't tell anyone about it. And that some of the men of Easy Company said they would have gone but just didn't know he had died.
>>
>>70572207
>Because you salute the rank not the man
>>
File: 1361073944478.png (168 KB, 414x433) Image search: [Google]
1361073944478.png
168 KB, 414x433
>>70573165
>some of the men of Easy Company said they would have gone but just didn't know he had died.
>>
>>70572467
He didn't. He didn't bitch at him or give him latrine duty or court marshal him, he gave him a respectable way out. "We salute the rank, not the man." Meaning he expected Sobel to salute the major, not Dick Winters.
>>
>>70573165
Most of them acknowledge that they were as tough as they were because Sobel was exceptionally hard on them in training.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.