[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are soaps so fucking popular here in britbong? They're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: groupshot.jpg (73 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
groupshot.jpg
73 KB, 500x281
Why are soaps so fucking popular here in britbong? They're like a national institution. Does America even have soap operas?
>>
>>70569852
They are very low budget, 3rd rate shows with not very good ratings over here.
>>
>>70569852
You have a lot of pleb women who get offended by anything and eat that predictable and stable entertainment up.
>>
gritty realism with sentimental twist, & gossip
>>
>>70569852
because its easy punch and judy shows for the masses
i.e. bread and cirques

Look its fucking drama and some faggots like drama
>>
>>70569956
>realism
Lel
>>
>>70569852

If both are realistic how come there's no sad fuckers watching soaps in the soaps themselves?
>>
>>70569852
stop moaning. they serve a purpose.
>>
>>70569852
>Hollyoaks and Emmerdale competing with Corrie and Eastenders

Nah m8, they're in the lower leagues
>>
>>70570029
I don't actually watch them
by realism I mean that the actors look like people and there's a lot of concrete, whereas I saw a US soap once and it was barbies in mansions
>>
File: 1432934919781.png (125 KB, 271x304) Image search: [Google]
1432934919781.png
125 KB, 271x304
>it's a 'episode ends on a cliffhanger with a close up of one of the characters looking disturbed at something while some dramatic music plays' episode
>>
I watch Coronation Street for the waifus.

I miss Michelle Keegan God DAAAAYUM.
>>
File: image.gif (3 MB, 640x266) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
3 MB, 640x266
>British television
>British movies
>>
America has WWE
>>
File: w.jpg (24 KB, 653x367) Image search: [Google]
w.jpg
24 KB, 653x367
British soaps are much better than the crap America has, so at least they have a reason to be popular. In Canada we import both British and American soaps, show like Coronation Street are miles ahead of trash like Days of our Live or The Young and the Restless.
>>
>>70569852

People here are retards, they have no excitement in their lifes so they make up for it with this crap.

>mfw I meet people that cant go 3 months without a major crisis because soaps told them that's just normal
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.