[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Films where the lead is fucking terrible but the support cast
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: 51ORMFsEBAL.jpg (42 KB, 348x500) Image search: [Google]
51ORMFsEBAL.jpg
42 KB, 348x500
Films where the lead is fucking terrible but the support cast more than make up for it
>>
You first OP. Samberg was great in hot rod.

But if you need me to give you a hand, I'd say There's Something About Mary comes to mind.
>>
>>70563637
is this worth watching nigga
>>
File: ddd.jpg (63 KB, 382x336) Image search: [Google]
ddd.jpg
63 KB, 382x336
>>70563945
>Prefering Adam Sandler's shit son over Ben Stiller

OK
>>
>>70563637
>he didn't enjoy the dance montage in the woods
i'll admit to some scenes being reddit-tier cancer like "cool beans"
>>70563955
everything's worth watching, even if it's out of spite. this movie tho is at least a 6/10 plus it has prime isla fischer
>>
>>70563945
I'd argue that Stiller was a bit muted in Something About Mary because he was pretty much playing the straight-man, but he was still pretty good.

However you did remind me of another Stiller flick that had that problem (Stiller wasn't the lead though, he was one of the great support characters) Dodgeball. Vaughn was halfassing it in that but the rest of the movie completely makes up for it.
>>
>>70563955

it's pretty good, the riot scene is great
>>
>>70564332
Please explain what you mean when you say some scenes were "reddit-tier cancer"
>>
>>70564490
i'm not going to spoon-feed you any more. it's just an opinion and opinions are worthless. watch this and decide for yourself. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOUrLn1FFCA
>>
>>70564482
Also the Footloose dance parody and it's surprise ending.
>>
>>70563955
the fight scene with ian mcshane was fun
>>
>>70563637

"Anger Management" it's a great example. Jack Nicholson and John Turturro were great and funny in that movie, but fat fuck Adam Sandler always seems to manage to ruin movies even with great actors. Gotta say I liked the movie just because of those two
>>
File: image.jpg (231 KB, 630x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
231 KB, 630x1200
>>
>>70564568
>i don't know what reddit-tier means i'm just parroting what people here say i assume it means i didn't like something right?
>>
>>70563637
I think all the cast members minus Ian McShane and Bill Hader are terrible.
The jokes in it are okay and what ultimately makes up for Andy Samberg.
>>
File: 1461021606597.jpg (46 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1461021606597.jpg
46 KB, 640x480
>>70564928
i'll repeat desu
>opinions are worthless
>>
>>70565155
>i regret saying reddit-tier so i'm gonna backpedal and say opinions are worthless
>>
>>70565155

Wew lad.

That's a hell of a way to get out of explaining something.
>>
>>70565155

Let's accept your conclusion that opinions are worthless.

Why did you bother expressing one in the first place?
>>
>>70565092
You're opinion is shit for not including Danny McBride but yeah those two plus McBride make up for it
>>
>>70564928

Cool beans IS a reddit tier meme

Reddit tier memes rely on meaninglessly repeating the same phrase over and over again as if it gets more funny every time when in reality it's a sad attempt at fitting in by stating 'hey guys I just said that thing you've already heard before'

4chan memes like pepe and baneposting rely on transforming a core idea and appropriating it to a new context. It's why they stay around for so long while reddit-tier memes like cool beans and HEY GUYS die out immediately
>>
>>70567102
Really does make you think dosent it?
>>
>>70567360

shitposting memes are ironic reddit-tier with the purpose of intentionally not being traditionally funny to annoy people
>>
>>70564458
Stillers wife was so hot in dodgeball
>>70564482
This movie was so bizarre
>cool beans
>the dancing Asian guy
>>
>>70563637
I've been drinking green tea all god damned day.
>>
this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb29RVSz-QY
>>
I quite like Hot Rod, even though it is mostly comprised of "lel so randumb" humour. It has some genuinely funny parts in it and it's at least self aware.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.