[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I didn't watch it yet. Is it any good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: swep7.jpg (117 KB, 600x889) Image search: [Google]
swep7.jpg
117 KB, 600x889
I didn't watch it yet. Is it any good?
>>
>>70562134
It's all right.
It's an overly safe re-tread of A New Hope. If you don't go in with super high expectations you'll enjoy it.
>>
>>70562134
eh
basically what >>70562199 said
>HEY GUYS, REMEMBER THIS???
hopefully they'll take the next new movies in a new direction rather than a nostalgia shit fest with pottery
>>
>>70562134
Ep3 is better than tfa, that's all you need to know.
>>
>>70562199
This. I went in with low expectations (only saw it like a month ago) and I was very happy with what I saw. Great star wars flick, it's what people want when they think of star wars
>>
>>70562134
It starts off fantastic and slowly whittles down to above average by the end of it. Pretty much right when Leia shows up would be when you begin to notice the drop off.

Still worth a watch.
>>
I already watched it. Did I like it?
>>
>>70562134
I thought it was extremely boring, the characters were poorly written, and the plot was bland and "safe"
>>
Story wise they try to emulate A New Hope.
Thing is they also tack on a bunch of generic action flick in space shit as well.
The acting can be sub-par at times and combined with a badly written dialogue that tries way to hard at both being cool and appeasing fans of the OT it tends to feel cheap at times.
The special effects are stellar though and i only wish that they would have slowed down to show more of it off instead of making it into some kind of race at all times in action.
>>
>>70562356

Adding to this IMO what should have happened was Leia being dead before the events of the movie, with Han being slightly more bitter in character and resenting the fact that their relationship didn't work out. Would add nicely to Han's death with Kylo saying something like "now you can join Leia" or whatever. just an opinion.
>>
>>70562134
It's good but not great.
>>
>>70562472
The characters came across as kind of soulless to me in the sense that we are introduced to them in a very hectic manner and due to that they fail to leave any emotional imprint on the viewer as they fumble through their campy lines throughout the film.
I'll also add that even though the film had a lot of "action" it was a wee bit boring but I can't really put my finger on why that was.
>>
Like all of JJ Abraham's it's slick, moves at a good pace, and sort of enjoyable but the action drags on a little too long in parts to the point where you become desensitized to it and the film doesn't really have any depth or substance.

My 2c
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.