[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can anybody explain the meaning of this film to me? Or is the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
Can anybody explain the meaning of this film to me? Or is the point that there is no meaning?
>>
>>70550603
it's a reddit title, go ask them.
>>
it's a guy who is serious
>>
It's an explanation of the ways jews think. No joke.
>>
Accept the mystery
>>
ITT: movies only jews understand
>>
Read the book of job
>>
>>70550717
>reading in 2016

how's the incel life?
>>
>>70550665
This, its how the Yahweh Master Race thinks.
>>
>>70550603
There wasn't a point, it was a psuedo-biographical story, fantasized from the lives of to cohen bros.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theatre_of_the_Absurd
>>
File: rabbi_marshak.jpg (97 KB, 852x459) Image search: [Google]
rabbi_marshak.jpg
97 KB, 852x459
>>70550665
To an extent, and also the relationship between Jews and suffering.

>>70550603
Ultimately it's about how trying to understand god or rationalize fate is futile. Laurence goes the whole film believing suffering is befalling him because he's done something wrong, or failed to deliver on something life has been expecting of him. It's cheesy, but what Rabbi Marshak says is really the message of the movie: none of it makes sense, none of it will ever make sense, so the only thing you can do is find somebody to love.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.