[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I haven't watched a single episode of this series. Normies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: Game_of_Thrones_title_card.jpg (392 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Game_of_Thrones_title_card.jpg
392 KB, 1920x1080
I haven't watched a single episode of this series. Normies at work keep telling me this is the best series ever made, yet I keep correcting them that The Sopranos is the GOAT series.

Are they right? The more normies love this series, the more I lose interest in actually watching it.
>>
First couple seasons are pretty good, but you will hate yourself when it nosedives and you care enough about the story to want to watch it anyways.
>>
>>70550364
>Normies at work
>I keep correcting them that The Sopranos is the GOAT series

You're a fucking normie too, you fat fucking faggot.
>>
It's worth watching for the qt grills.
>>
>>70550461
Enlighten us, o great neet neckbeard. What is the greatest series ever made?
>>
First 4 seasons are great. The show goes to shit afterwards.
>>
It's not GOAT but it's good. The early seasons were great but unfortunately the creators decided to break away from the source material more and more each season. The dialogue has also seemed to have gotten worse as well as the acting.
>>
It is absolutely not the best series ever made, or even the best during the time it's been running.

It's worth watching if you like grim fantasy and cock jokes.
>>
Sopranos wasn't that good, shit in compsarison to the Wire and Rome were far superior
>>
>>70550364
Watch season 1 for sean bean. Only reason I gave it a shot. Not the best series ever made. It steadily declines as the seasons go on however there are moments that are just fucking awesome.
>>
It was OK for some mindless fun at first. I literally don't give a shit anymore after like Robb, Tywin and those guys died.
>>
>>70550541
Season 5 is objectively terrible, but 6 isn't too bad. Last two episodes were pretty comfy
>>
File: Alex.jpg (36 KB, 500x502) Image search: [Google]
Alex.jpg
36 KB, 500x502
>>70550597
Your sentence structure is an abomination.
>>
>>70550634
>5 was objectively terrible
Except for the last 15 minutes of the last episode.
>>
>>70550634
>Jon's long-awaited revival is place on the backburner for more Sansa development
>Dany continues to luck out of impossible situations while Ramsay lucks his way into being the main antagonist
>Filler plots

The only refreshing thing is to see King's Landing politicians being cucked by a religious nutjob.
>>
>i keep correcting my coworkers about something i pretend to never have watched
>i tell them the sopranos is the greatest show of all time, even though it was just as popular and "normie" when it came out, i'm just too young to remember that

You're such a fucking loser, OP.
>>
It's not anywhere near GOAT but it's enjoyable enough to keep me interested

Not even in the same league as Sopranos
>>
I watched 2 episodes, when does it get good?
>>
>>70551026
k
>>
>>70550364
but sopranos is the ultimate normie show. Like all time normie series.
>>
>>70550761
I miss when wights were meant to be scary rather than just rattling skeletons being 1 shot into pieces
>>
Before GoT, Sopranos was the most watched and popular show for premium cable. So if anything it`s the 2nd most normie show.
>>
The Sopranos 100%
Game of Shite 0%
>>
>>70551481
But Breaking Bad has like 30x the number of followers on reddit
>>
File: 1463951737885.jpg (2 MB, 2784x4117) Image search: [Google]
1463951737885.jpg
2 MB, 2784x4117
It's good up until a certain character gets his hand chopped off and then the show goes into "he escaped," no wait, "caught him again," but wait, "he made a deal to get out of jail," but "his morality compels him to go back" hijinks.

Actually the whole show is like that. I just explained it in more detail.

It's kinda like watching two people play Guess Who, except whoever loses dies. Every episode. All the characters are one-dimensional and never evolve beyond whatever their core motivation is. Except the one guy I mentioned above.
>>
>>70550364
>The more normies love this series, the more I lose interest in actually watching it.
so you're basically a contrarian faggot?
>>
>>70550813

Literaly this i have no idea why people are so delusional to the point they defend this, i was teased whole season 5 for season 6 which is full of filler plots and for the 7 episodes already preparing us for grand finale and spoonfeeding us with the story along the way, every char gets 5mins to say something ending up with all chars got 30mins of screentime for the whole season, saying basicly nothing all stuff that happend in season six you could guess from the season 5 finale... Thankx D&D they are so lost without GRRM books its hopeless...
>>
>>70551124
sopranos has a built in pleb filter though with its last season
>>
>>70550364

Does it matter?

>this isn't the best series ever made therefore it's complete shit and I'm not going to watch it

Are you really this much of an autistic cunt?

>The more normies love this series, the more I lose interest in actually watching it.

You base your enjoyment of something on how unpopular it is?
>>
>>70550364
First season is some god tier shit, next couple of seasons are still pretty good, then it starts getting a bit crappy with last year's season being the worst with the whole Bad Poosey thing, Hardhome was superb tho

The current season is a little better than the last one but their need to add a dick joke every single fucking episode is getting old

You are correct about The Sopranos and even thinking that GoT is anywhere near the same level as things like The Wire, SFU and Gabagool is idiotic
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.