[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: worst endings ever
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
ITT: worst endings ever
>>
>>70538048
your mums pregnancy
>>
>>70538048
Should've ended right after she shouted "Oh come on!"
>>
The film was always going to have a tough time of it, the whole story was basically "Is John Goodman telling the truth or is he a crazy psycho?" and they had to answer that at some point.
>>
>>70538242
No, thank you.
>>
citizen kane ainec /thread
>>
>>70538132
fucking BRUTAL
>>
i saw this in the theater and honesty was a little insulted after the ending. you got this slow methodical buildup with great acting and then it explodes into a fucking farcical independence day homage
>>
If I had it my way, she gets in the car, the radio boots up and hears about a massive attack in NY that the military is keeping quiet, referencing the first movie, then we hear about similar goings on in other cities for a shock, and then I don't fucking know, someone finish this for me.
>>
>>70538724

this is pretty much how the ending got written.
>>
>>70538048
>>70538242
>>70538615
>>70538724
>how to be a pleb 101

Ending was perfect. You didn't get it.

inb4
>well explain us
No, think about it, you fucking plebs.
>>
File: 2d1.png (16 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
2d1.png
16 KB, 500x500
>>70538808
>no you didn't get it fugging plebs xD
>>
>>70538534
They could have answered it without going full capeshit. The real problem is that the answer to that central question was already spoiled by the title of the movie.
>>
>>70538132
KEK
>>
>>70538808

>you just didn't get
>okay, why?
>j-just think about it!

weak bait
>>
Does anyone have screenies of the hot chick? The one who wore those panties on her qtpty ass the whole film?
>>
>>70538048
Am I the only one who loved the sharp turn the movie took? Felt like a Twilight Zone episode, specifically 'The Monsters are Due on Maple Street' - the opening indecent, the paranoia as to what is happening, people turning on each other, and then the end reveal that there are actually aliens watching them.

The alien angle was hinted throughout and the movie was called 'Cloverfield' so I fully expected aliens to show up so I was mad when they did.

Overall great movie though. Maybe my favourite of the year so far.
>>
>>70538048
dunno the whole thing was typical Hollywood piece.the script was really weak at times especially toward the end,im talking about the gas mask thing and mandatory dropping the word fuck at sticky stations.Goodman and the acid scene were only great things about the movie.
>>
the cloverfield monster wasn't a fucking ALIEN, so it made no sense putting this in the same universe
>>
>>70539112
it was a hook to get people to watch it,nothing that hasn't been done before
>>
>>70538048

>BUH DUH ENDING
>ENDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fucking retarded plebeian faggot.
>>
And I still haven't heard a good reason for why aliens are schlocky in a way that the rest of the movie wasn't . it wasn't a particularly intellectual or artistic movie to begin."lady is kidnapped by a probable serial killer during the end of the world, kills him with acid". At worst it went from one kind of popcorn movie to another.

Seems like people are just reacting to the the presence of a CGI-heavy scene in a movie that was supposed to be "low key" or whatever. You watch movies like this feeling smug about not watching big CGI blockbusters, so when there's suddenly CGI aliens it feels wrong for reasons that have nothing to do with the quality of the movie

the ending works well as a coda to the actual climax of the movie (acid escape sequence) because at that point what she discovers outside doesn't really matter. it was just a fun way to go out with a bang
>>
>>70538132
First post best post
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.