[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it overrated?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: Season_3_square.jpg (105 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Season_3_square.jpg
105 KB, 600x600
Is it overrated?
>>
>>70533131
Now it is.

But back when it first aired, it was the only American comedy show on TV without a soundtrack
>>
No.
It's a masterpiece, with some of the tightest screenplays ever written.
>>
This is probably one of the only things this board loves that is NOT overrated.
>>
>>70533164
The first three seasons truly are perfectly written
>>
>>70533131

>overrated/underrated

how to spot a pleb in 2 seconds
>>
>>70534496
Apparently the upcoming recut of season 4 is supposed to be fantastic
>>
>>70534496

Season 1 and 2 are wonderful...

Season 3 however had the biggest drop in quality in any television show I've ever seen, it was jaw droppingly awful.

Season 4 also sucked.
>>
>>70534847
>Season 3 however had the biggest drop in quality in any television show I've ever seen, it was jaw droppingly awful.

what?

Fucking how?
>>
>>70534620
Huh? Where did you read that?
>>
>>70533131
No it made me laugh harder than any other show ever. It's a bit dated now but still excellently written.

Fuck the Netflix season though.
>>
>>70535492
>Fuck the Netflix season though.

When one of the first things you see is seth rogen, you know it's going to be bad.

Fucking Cera putting his shitty friends into films and vice versa
>>
>>70535433
Not him but season 3 was clearly rushed and ended up more cartoony and less dark than the previous 2.

I still liked it though.
>>
>>70535433

If you unironically think any part of that tedious, cringingly bad and painfully unfunny British story arc was in any way good and Theronz quite literally ruining any scene she was in then it's a bit of a lost cause
>>
>>70535545
Rogan and that SNL girl were a terrible choices for those roles. Also the meta Howard stuff fell flat.
>>
No, it only gets better with more rewatches as shit regularly foreshadowed stuff.
>>
Does anyone else just XD whenever Tobias is on screen?

Oh man he's so funny!
"I guess I'm buycurious" haha holy shit XD
>>
>>70535950
you're trying too hard
>>
>>70535484
I don't think I read it on this site but this link sums it up. http://screencrush.com/arrested-development-season-4-recut-season-5-update/
>>
Season 1&2 were truly great with regards to...world building?

It was satisfying in the way that some aspects of The Wheel of Time were when they came together.

Definitely funny.
Season 3 has its moments, but you can tell it was rushed because they were being cancelled at the time.

Season 4 had its merits but was an even greater drop.
That said, I find it better than a lot of comedies.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.