[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts, faggots?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: john oliver btfo tv.jpg (171 KB, 972x777) Image search: [Google]
john oliver btfo tv.jpg
171 KB, 972x777
Thoughts, faggots?
>>
The fact that le current year man even has $15 million genuinely surprises me
>>
Everyone knows that the debt isn't actually worth that much (if its even worth anything at all), which is why he got it for less than 0.01% of its "supposed" value.

Oprah actually gave out those cars she promised.
>>
>>70524766
If you watch the segment, debt companies buy people's debt for pennies on the dollar, so that is likely what he did. Still pretty cool though.
>>
>medical debt
Wtf America
>>
>>70524766
>I have no idea how anything works
Watch the video. You might learn something.
>>
>>70524676

he probably bought the portion that debt collection agencies wont even touch, if he spent more than 500k i would be shocked

nice PR for him though, especially with all those misleading headlines
>>
>>70524676
he probably bought shares you know.

Find it hard to believe a english jew would happily give money away without getting a return
>>
good guy
>>
I knew he was based after he btfo'd Trump.
>>
wow a liberal spending his own money instead of other people's. good for him
>>
>>70524903
I believe he purchased about 60K
>>
>>70524903
I think it was $60k he brought the debt for, so it was proper shit tier sub prime crap.
>>
>>70524676
Fucking bourgeois.

>Yeah guys. Its sick that rich people are making a killing over these loans. How about i give them more money!
>>
>>70524999

wow thats low

so he bought the debt of people that never would have paid back anyway instead of people actually trying to make payments

how generous!
>>
>>70525134
if they're making payments, why would you sell it?
>>
>>70524676
let me guess, those people celebrated the debt forgiveness by going back into debt.
>>
Wasn't there a kickstarter-like platform that tried just that some years ago? Nice way of motivating more people to make debt they never intend to pay back.
>>
File: 1464146584512.jpg (11 KB, 240x255) Image search: [Google]
1464146584512.jpg
11 KB, 240x255
>>70524766
He paid 60k to get the names, addresses, and social security numbers for about 9,000 people from Texas with medical debt they no longer actually had to pay.
>>
>Spend $300
>wipe out $100,000 in debt

I'm amazing. Stupid question, but since he's forgiving $15,000,000 in debt owed to him, could he write any of that off on his taxes?
>>
>>70524945
>I hate a person for being sexist and saying mean stuff when he has never been sexist or said mean stuff
Congrats, you outed yourself retard.
>>
they couldn't actually collect on the "le fifteen million" anyways

it was the right to their personal information which you can then sell to telemarketers or use yourself to hawk some kind of shit
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.