[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>the key to that chain is in the bathtub how the fuck was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 11
File: Adam_Faulkner_2.png (121 KB, 400x221) Image search: [Google]
Adam_Faulkner_2.png
121 KB, 400x221
>the key to that chain is in the bathtub
how the fuck was adam supposed to get that key? it went down the drain in 1 second when he was newly awake.

also how did zep figure he would finish his own game once he failed to kill mrs gordon and their kid?
>>
Honestly dude it's not even worth thinking about movies like this so much.
>>
What did this guy do again? I thought jigsaw punished people who did bad things. I remember being confused why this guy was punished and left to die.
>>
>>70519179
he was stalking gordon and took photos of him. det tapp hired him to do that because tapp thought gordon was jigsaw. iirc that's all.
>>
File: saw 1 unrated.jpg (64 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
saw 1 unrated.jpg
64 KB, 1920x1080
how could jigsaw be caught off guard in his lair if they broke a lock on their way in
>>
>be a mentally ill faggot who cuts himself in private without any 'reason' to be depressed
>end up trapped in the middle of a maze of razor wire, with literally seconds to navigate through it to escape before being sealed in some basement forever and being left for dead

>skip a few days off work pretending to be sick
>this justifies being kidnapped, stripped naked, poisoned, and getting covered in a flammable jelly with only minutes to find the combination to a safe written on the wall (with only a match to provide lighting!) for the off-chance of reaching the antidote in the safe in time without being burned alive (also there was broken glass all over the damn place, if I recall)

The logic behind Jigsaw's traps were such bullshit
>>
If he would be calm and level-headed, he wouldn't have knocked the key down the drain and he would've been allowed to skip the game altogether.

It's bullshit though because it's not "fair" until they've listened to the tape and realized they're in Jigsaw's game.
>>
guise

guise

I found Jigsaw's lair

who wants to go with me

it would just be you and me

what could go wrong
>>
>>70519256
So he was sent to die because he was doing his job?
I mean, people usually say how the first Saw movie is a great film and the latter movies ruined it, but it's got just as many plotholes.
>>
>zep has a slow acting poison in his veins and have to comply with jigsaw's instructions
>from that the game begins and he has driven to the bathroom, more than 7½ have passed.
>still not a sign of being physically ill
couldn't he just have gone to the hospital and explained the situation to them? surely there can't be enough slow acting poisons that jigsaw could have access to that they would take more than 7 hours to find the correct one.

>>70519769
they didn't appreciate their life xD
>>
>>70518962
I saw the 7 movies of the franchise (my gf is a huge fan) and i'm 90% sure that they made the movies as they go, with zero thinking. I tried to find a reason to jigsaw's doing, but then i understood that the story arc is actually irrelevant.

Just relax and enjoy the gory sequences
>>
>>70519850
he just was kidnapped and awake in a fucking bathtub in a dark room
of course he would start to lose his shit
it's just shit writing
>>
>>70519948
wasn't really an ethical job considering tapp wasn't a police at the time.

>>70519971
yeah that's my main issue with them. they're not segments of a big story, they're all tucked on one after the other with little to no foreshadowing inbetween films.
>>
>>70520034
Wasn't he like a private investigator or something?
>>
>>70518962
It's bullshit but it gives you that great "holy shit the key was right there all along shiiit this entire movie could've been prevented" feel, worked well for me when I was 12.
>>
The best part are the fans who actually think Jigsaw didn't commit any crime.
>>
What was the most fucked up trap/game in your opinion?

The needle pit for me, made me feel ill
>>
>>70520059
he was a police until sing died. i'm not sure why he got fired, they probably found out that they stormed jigsaw's lair without a warrant but idk. anyways after he was obsessed with catching jigsaw even after he got fired so he continued the investigation on his own.
>>
In Saw 2 when they're all dying of poison there was a girl who found a box with an antidote but she got her arms sliced up by razor blades trying to get it

There was a key on top of the box and she could've just opened it no problemo

Classic Jigsaw
>>
>>70520147

the one where the drunk driver gets his arms and legs twisted until they snap off would probably be the most painful, plus he couldn't even do anything to stop it, it was up to someone else to save him
>>
>>70519769
he is a fucking psychopath
it's his point to have ridiculously tiny chance of surviving, not like he actually wants anyone to manage to survive or he wouldn't kidnap them and put them through this shit in the first place
>>
>>70519889
are you a girl?
>>
>>70519889
Sure. Bring a gun and don't fucking touch anything and we will be fine.
>>
Dr Phibes's rip off deaths. Tjhey also admited to steal something from other obscure aussie horror film.

fuck off unoriginal cunts.
>>
>>70520147

Babby Dagen's final test where he has to do that thing he claimed to have done to survive a Jigsaw trap in the past. He did it and it turns out it doesn't work; putting meat hooks in your pectoral muscles doesn't allow you to raise yourself up to the ceiling, they just get ripped out. So his innocent and beautiful wife got burned alive horribly and he had to listen to her screams of agony. Then he got to go home.
>>
>>70520118
yeah sure man but there was no way for him to get it.

if he had been lucky and not kick the key down then the film would be over in 2 m as he would see it immediatly given that it was glowing.

they could atleast have hidden it somewhere reachable and dropped a clue or riddle or something that they wouldn't understand at the time but be explained in the end.
>>
>>70520221
which
>>
>>70519769
It's really funny how absurd it is.
>>
>>70520228
>putting meat hooks in your pectoral muscles doesn't allow you to raise yourself up to the ceiling, they just get ripped out.
But this is something that's regularly done by suspension enthusiasts in real life.
>>
>>70520173
is there? i see a stain or something but how do you know that's a key?
>>
>>70519971
The sequels weren't even written as saw movies. They just repurposed other rejected scrpts and put jigsaw in there.

Personally the second is the only one i really enjoyed because they give you all the info up front as opposed to the first one where the twist only works because the movie lies to the audience.
>>
>>70519769

It's stupid, these movies are stupid, horror movies are stupid because they aren't scary they're stupid
>>
Jigsaw is an edgy psychopath who accomplished nothing. His so called "tests", meant to make people for the better never worked and even if they did it wouldn't have made a damn difference in the world for a few less evil people to exist. Anyone who thinks otherwise is fucking retarded
>>
>>70518962
HAS NOBODY WATCHED THIS FUCKING SERIES ?????????????????????????

the key was not supposed to go down the drain... AMANDA or someting like that TIES THE LEG AROUND THE PLUG! it is seen in later episodes of the movie series.

(retcon bullshit but still)

not even good series
>>
>>70519889
let's not cuff jigsaw when he is on the ground and also look at all the cool things he build rather than the violent psychopath we haven't given a pat down. hope he doesn't have a knife or something on him xDD
>>
>Wake up in Jigsaw trial.
>There's a scalpel and a key behind my eye
>Slice my wrists and bleed out peacefully

Game over asshole
>>
>>70520434

That guy had literally one minute to live. No way bleeding out would be fast enough.
>>
>>70520228
Indians would be great at this.
>>
>>70520228
why didn't he just connect the hooks and stand or sit on them like a swing?
>>
>>70520337
You're like those little babies on /ck/ who don't like threads about hot sauce because u cant handle a bit of heat, so you have to scream at others to stop liking what they like, right?
>>
>>70520434

I think having your head instantly crushed would actually be less painful than slitting your wrists
>>
>>70520325
but in 4 he shouldn't have gone through an unsecured door xD

also in 5 he should have trusted the guy that tries to kill him xD
>>
>>70520354
i watched them more than i'd like to admit but i can't remember this. which one and when?

wouldn't john see that there's no water in the tub when he gets up?
>>
>>70520298
>>70520456
>>70520478

There are tons of ways he could've succeeded - point was that he did it exactly the way he said he did and it turns out that was the wrong way.

>>70520302

Might have been in the production notes or something but I recall seeing a lock with the key already inside, it was just really high up on the box.
>>
>>70520456
is that some kind of a portable loo contraption?
>>
Not sure why you guys are getting so pissed about "muh plot holes" in regards to Jigsaw. It's made clear from the first minute in the first movie he's a fucking wack job, so naturally of course his shit won't make sense half the time unless you're in his shoes.
>>
>Wake up in jigsaw trap
>Would you like to play a game?
>Offer my soul to satan in return for vengance
>Haunt jigsaw forever
There is more than one way to skin a cat you creepy geezer.
>>
>>70520558

Just follow the rules, Anon.

In one of the video games Jigsaw actually tells Tapp that his partner could have lived in the first film if they brought the police, because Jigsaw rigged the traps in his place to not go off if the police followed standard procedures.
>>
File: 20031115-2[1].jpg (14 KB, 279x350) Image search: [Google]
20031115-2[1].jpg
14 KB, 279x350
>>70520628
It's a Hindu festival tradition!
>>
>>70520603
>Might have been in the production notes or something but I recall seeing a lock with the key already inside, it was just really high up on the box.
yeah ive read something about that too. it sure looks openable from the top but i'm still interested in what the game would be. would the just unlock it and boost someone to grab it from the top?
>>
>/tv/ discussing shit tier pulpy horror movies
>actual discussion and thinking about the plot and what happens in the movies
>/tv/ discussing actual kino
>memes, shit flinging and redditors
>>
>>70520671
>just follow the rules
>gordon fucks up
>ayo wanna be partners in crime
>>
>>70520628
They also remove their eyeballs with scissors but I'll spare you the details.
>>
>>70520746

The box was made for the black guy who might have been way taller than the girl. It would make sense if it was made for two people though; a simple teamwork exercise to see if they've gone psychotic and tried to kill each other or not.
>>
>>70520786

I never understood that either. He wasn't supposed to escape, he was supposed to kill Adam. Severing his leg and crawling to the gun was only one of several options available to him. He failed to kill Adam so he failed to win his game. His family only survived because Zepp fucked up.
>>
>>70520754

actual kino like BvS I presume?
>>
File: 1437504499655.jpg (25 KB, 827x539) Image search: [Google]
1437504499655.jpg
25 KB, 827x539
>>70520746
>1080p.BRRip
>>
>>70520820
nah it was made for gus. it should symbolize "reaching into the cookie jar".
>>
>>70520820
>Sticks one hand in
>Gets stuck
>Put other hand in the other hole
>Freak out and begin kerking your arms around inside the trap
Deserved it desu.
>>
>>70520746
>>70520820
She's a dumb cunt for sure though even if she didn't see a key
Why on earth would you not take a closer look at that box to make sure it's safe? How's she not notice she's sticking her arm through blades? It fucking starts bleeding, then she fucking sticks the other one it, god damn, bitch played herself.
>>
what does the wall read lads? can't read some of the words.

>>70520927
what about it
>>
>>70520960
To be fair if you're slowly dying of poison you're going to get fucked up in the head due to both freaking out and the actual poison during your last moments
>>
>>70521042
It reads
"If you don't kill the other guy your neck will be snapped" -Superm err.. Jigsaw
>>
File: 1448736034880.jpg (36 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
1448736034880.jpg
36 KB, 650x650
>>70521042
nice one
>>
>>70520960
she's practically half asleep once she enters the room. i don't see why she sticks her other hand in once she spills the syringe though.
>>
>>70521042
What chance did the poor guy have whose guts she spilled all over the floor? Smh, so unfair.
>>
Can someone PLEASE explain what the fuck the point of Billy (the puppet) was? Why didn't he just have a tape recorder in all of his traps? Why get an ugly ass puppet to MOVE ON IT'S OWN/show up on TV screen to sometimes play out what's happening? Was it ever explained what significance it had?
>>
>>70521204
he was dealing drugs but now he was the one drugged so it was pottery
>>
>>70521221
It was spooky
>>
>>70521221
james wan basically had a fetish or something for them so he made leigh add that in his script. there is also a flashback in saw 4 (i think) where john makes a slightly less creepy (still nothing any sane man would give to a kid) version of billy for his unborn son.
>>
I wish they made a Saw movie after 3 where Jigsaw is in hell and has to go through all sorts of traps based on his sins, believing that if he passes the tests he can go to heaven. Then at the end he learns there is no escape and he's stuck in hell forever, doomed to repeat the events of the movie for all eternity.

It would have been better than Saw 4 atleast.
>>
>>70521042
>if you try to keep your life to yourself, you will lose it
>but if you ??? ? ??? ????? ??? ??? TRUE LIFE

help me fill it in lads
>>
File: 4359093482.png (489 KB, 830x454) Image search: [Google]
4359093482.png
489 KB, 830x454
PEEEEELING OFFF MY SKINNNNNN
THESE WOUUUUNDS THEY WILLLL NOT HEALLLLL
>>
>>70520173
>>70520302
>>70520603
>>70520746
https://youtu.be/fOh2GKAJ9DM?t=2m17s
>>
File: saw 3d.jpg (104 KB, 500x718) Image search: [Google]
saw 3d.jpg
104 KB, 500x718
>>70521453

Possibly my favorite trap in the entire series, it's ridiculous and I laughed out loud when I first saw it. Saw 3D is a surprisingly fun movie desu.
>>
>>70521488
oh shit thanks man. what a fucking lazy trap. its so obvious they didn't even bother to make it look like it was on par with the other traps. they should have hidden the key with a riddle or something, or force one person to stick their hands in while another one grabs it.
>>
>yfw the motel owner guy was a cunnyposter
>>
What about pulling the fishhook out from your stomach? sounds like the worst to me
>>
>>70521711
but all she had to do was stfu xD why didn't she stfu xD
>>
>>70519077
Got it in one.

Just fucking close this thread now.
>>
the 5 trap in saw 5 had them placed there because they burned down a house with allegedly 8 people in it.

i have a theory. they burned down the nerve gas house, but i don't know 2 of the people who "died". that's would also explain that it's renovated once strahm chases hoffman into it by the end of saw 5.

the first 6 are gus, jonas, laura, addison, obi and that corpse in the basement (the one with obi's envelope on it).

the people in the bathroom (zep, adam, xavier etc) don't count because that's a seperate secret cellar. accessed by a secret hatch in the room with the safe. they would find obi and the cellar corpse because that's the normal cellar with a normal door to access it.
>>
>>70521682
why did rigg even put him there? couldn't he proceed without that?
>>
>>70521550
what did hoffman mean by picking the old reverse bear trap rather than the new version?
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.