[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can I be a director? >I love movies >not jewish >parents
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: copo-020.jpg (84 KB, 450x289) Image search: [Google]
copo-020.jpg
84 KB, 450x289
Can I be a director?
>I love movies
>not jewish
>parents income
>can work low budget and get freaky/avant garde
>at community college
>great imagination!
>watch cinema since I was a toddler

what am I missing? what holds me back?
>>
open up your phone, family
take a video of the wall
take another video of your face
pop open any NLE and put one video next to the other

congratulations, you are a writer, a director and an editor
>>
>>70505171
you have to be Jewish
>>
>not jewish

Almost
>>
>>70505171
>not jewish

Sorry anon, so close.
>>
>Not Jewish

Stopped reading there.
>>
>>70505171
>not jewish
There's your issue bud
>>
File: michael-bay.png (236 KB, 325x630) Image search: [Google]
michael-bay.png
236 KB, 325x630
>>70505171
one could be a totally shitty director yet successful as long as he's Jewish
>>
File: tv.jpg (24 KB, 340x321) Image search: [Google]
tv.jpg
24 KB, 340x321
>>70505171
>not jewish
>at community college

As a Jew I can tell you that all of the men you would need to ingratiate yourself with to even be considered for the kind of financial investment it takes to direct any movie will automatically assume that you are a dipshit because you're a goy and because you weren't even a smart enough goy to get a scholarship to go to a real college.

>Can I be a director?
>I love movies
So does everyone.
>not jewish
No one is going to do you any favors then, you're working purely on merit.
>parents income
If your parents want to fork over between $50,000 - $200,000, then good for you.
>can work low budget and get freaky/avant garde
I hope you weren't intending on making any of that money back, dipshit.
>at community college
Seriously doubting your ability to do anything of merit with this one. See above about going to a real college. Community college is the scholarly equivalent of having a tattoo on your forearm.
>great imagination!
Directing is maybe 5% imagination 95% technical knowledge.
>watch cinema since I was a toddler
You and every other human on this planet.

>what am I missing? what holds me back?
Literally everything you miserable dipshit.
>>
>>70505623
>putting that much stock in college
How many directors literally went to flicks? Film school and even more so college have nothing at all to do with it. Christ, no wonder film is in the fucking shitter with attitudes like this.
>>
>>70505738
It isn't so much about going to college to get a degree, it's about proving that you aren't actually retarded.

Community college is for people who are actually too stupid to lead successful lives, but aren't quite stupid enough to die or live in destitute poverty.
>>
>>70505171
>what am I missing? what holds me back?
Talent and skills. If you don't have either then you'll be shit
>>
>>70505171
If you're not jewish you at least need to be a minority now
>>
>>70505171
>great imagination!
Has almost nothing to do with directing. You need to be able to control the crew, be able to the blueprint of your storyboard, and make clients happy. Yes you can add your own style but clinets and higher ups get final say.
>>
>>70505864
Yeah, it's really that cut and dry. There couldn't be any extenuating circumstances that could cause somebody to miss out on going to a traditional university and having to settle for a community college. Or better yet, no college at all. How much money are tradesmen making nowadays compared to people coming out of college with degrees and debt? Both choosing to go to college and choosing not to are risky endeavors in their own rights and I've literally never met anyone who has ever cared about the education of someone in the film industry.
>>
>>70506024
My friend went to community college for a film degree and they did internships and those led him to land a editing job.
>>
>>70505171
>not christian
>raised on cinema
Sorry kid, no dice. You have to be like Shane Carruth not to suck.
>>70505230
Not true, jewish directors are generally terrible, they're just money men.
>>
>>70506172
The connections/internships are important. Having an outlet/ free reign to develop style and technique is important.
The sheet of paper at the end is worthless. If you graduate top of your class at a world class film school, if you hadn't made connections or some good shorts you are no better than a "I didn't go to film school, I went to films" asshole who just shows up asking for a job directing Star Wars VIII
>>
>>70506305
My thoughts exactly
>>
>>70505171
You don't have a producer.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.